Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-18-2010, 01:16 AM   #16
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Default Re: Drug addict the first man in Britain paid to have vasectomy

Quote:
Project Prevention was founded by Barbara Harris, of North Carolina, who adopted four children from a woman addicted to crack cocaine. She said the children struggled with the addiction passed on to them by their mother.
"I got very angry about the damage that these drugs do to these children," she said.

The charity has paid more than 3,500 American men and women addicted to drugs or alcohol to not have children and is now offering the service to addicts in the UK.

I see a lot more positive than negative. Sure the people may use their money on drugs, but at least they won't be having children after doing drugs.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:18 AM   #17
the GIBBET
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
I see a lot more positive than negative. Sure the people may use their money on drugs, but at least they won't be having children after doing drugs.

Ok, so how much of the bill for this are you going to foot?
the GIBBET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:20 AM   #18
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the GIBBET
Ok, so how much of the bill for this are you going to foot?

What do you mean? This isn't in our taxes or anything. But I would be willing to participate in this if I had the money.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #19
the GIBBET
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
What do you mean? This isn't in our taxes or anything. But I would be willing to participate in this if I had the money.

Ah, you are correct.

Well, that's certainly within their right to do it.

Still, I find the program to be in very poor taste, for lack of a better term.
the GIBBET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #20
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Every person should be sterilized at birth, and then have to earn the right to have children.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:42 AM   #21
heyhey
stay mad golden state

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Every person should be sterilized at birth, and then have to earn the right to have children.

I hope you are joking.

Can't believe we live in this day and age where programs of Orwellean nightmare are now being applauded as sensible and acceptable. damn personal liberty and inalienable rights for the sake of social convenience and a more docile populace.

instead of alleviating the ails of society that leads to addict parents, let us simply treat the symptom and trade human dignity for some scraps of Euro.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:48 AM   #22
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
I hope you are joking.

Can't believe we live in this day and age where programs of Orwellean nightmare are now being applauded as sensible and acceptable. damn personal liberty and inalienable rights for the sake of social convenience and a more docile populace.

instead of alleviating the ails of society that leads to addict parents, let us simply treat the symptom and trade human dignity for some scraps of Euro.

Overpopulation is directly linked to every major problem facing mankind today. Starvation, dehydration, disease, unemployment, environmental degradation, and everything that stems from these issues are magnified by overpopulation... yet when someone suggests that we actually take steps to limit reproduction of our species, it's considered blasphemy.

Last edited by bdreason : 10-18-2010 at 01:51 AM.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:09 AM   #23
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Overpopulation is directly linked to every major problem facing mankind today. Starvation, dehydration, disease, unemployment, environmental degradation, and everything that stems from these issues are magnified by overpopulation... yet when someone suggests that we actually take steps to limit reproduction of our species, it's considered blasphemy.
Overpopulation stems from the constant glorification of reproduction. Castrating babies is not a step in the right direction. What's the point of teaching kids about safe sex when every channel you switch to has some asshole singing about ******* and money? Change this worthless culture and stop acting like having babies is the only thing that makes life worth living. Put some tool on TV and have him sing about adoption while swinging his chain around, that should get the ball rolling.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #24
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Overpopulation stems from the constant glorification of reproduction. Castrating babies is not a step in the right direction. What's the point of teaching kids about safe sex when every channel you switch to has some asshole singing about ******* and money? Change this worthless culture and stop acting like having babies is the only thing that makes life worth living. Put some tool on TV and have him sing about adoption while swinging his chain around, that should get the ball rolling.
That is not at all the reason for overpopulation. Constant glorification of reproduction? What the f is that? Jesus H. Christ, what are you talking about.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #25
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
That is not at all the reason for overpopulation. Constant glorification of reproduction? What the f is that? Jesus H. Christ, what are you talking about.
Oh really? It's not? Well since you know so much, please share your ideas.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #26
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
I think you're a bit off there, you don't hear people singing about "yo dawg go up to that ***** and give her a baby". I think you mean the constant attention sex gets in media, which is what leads to teenage pregnancy etc. And I highly doubt they are going to stop giving sex as much attention, really doubt it.

And the over population of the planet has more to do with third world countries not have proper education about reproduction, this combined with them constantly trying to emulate the western life style, which gives so much attention to sex causes over population in those countries, causing poverty etc.

So yes do you have a point, but it's sex not reproduction.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #27
Done_And_Done
D & D

Heh... You know you've made some unforgiving choices in life when the government is actually willing to write you a cheque to make your balls infertile.
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #28
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
I think you're a bit off there, you don't hear people singing about "yo dawg go up to that ***** and give her a baby". I think you mean the constant attention sex gets in media, which is what leads to teenage pregnancy etc. And I highly doubt they are going to stop giving sex as much attention, really doubt it.

And the over population of the planet has more to do with third world countries not have proper education about reproduction, this combined with them constantly trying to emulate the western life style, which gives so much attention to sex causes over population in those countries, causing poverty etc.

So yes do you have a point, but it's sex not reproduction.
I agree with you 100%, but child birth is definitely treated as a positive thing by everyone in our society. That's basically the point I was getting at. The third world countries overpopulation is a completely different matter, I have no idea what's even going down up there. I guess people are bored so they have babies...

Last edited by Hazard : 10-18-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #29
simcjt
The bodyguard

The government is not doing this. Its some rich chick who adopted crack babies.
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #30
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

Quote:
Oh really? It's not? Well since you know so much, please share your ideas.
So from what i got from your post, rap videos are the reason for overpopulation?

The "documented" reasons for overpopulation are increased life expectancy and availability of resources, plus poor people not having the intelligence to use contraception and lack of education and so on.

This is what I imagine when you say glorification of reproduction. Some guy going, Hey check out all these babies I got, I'm the man cus I got these babies, and I ve been getting hos pregnant for years and now im reaping my rewards. Do you want to be successful? then make babies. Your life will change instantly. Don't wait now, reproduce!
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: