Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #31
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Drug addict the first man in Britain paid to have vasectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
So from what i got from your post, rap videos are the reason for overpopulation?

The "documented" reasons for overpopulation are increased life expectancy and availability of resources, plus poor people not having the intelligence to use contraception and lack of education and so on.

This is what I imagine when you say glorification of reproduction. Some guy going, Hey check out all these babies I got, I'm the man cus I got these babies, and I ve been getting hos pregnant for years and now im reaping my rewards. Do you want to be successful? then make babies. Your life will change instantly. Don't wait now, reproduce!
Actually something like that. People have babies cause they need to leave behind a piece of themselves on Earth. No one is comfortable with dying and that being the end of a bloodline, so child birth is glorified for that reason. I say people that want kids should start adopting, cause there are way too many kids with nowhere to go in life. And yes education about safe sex is extremely important, but not if it's constantly contradicted by mainstream music.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #32
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I had several women pay me to not get one. They needed a little of that übersamen
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #33
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Actually something like that. People have babies cause they need to leave behind a piece of themselves on Earth. No one is comfortable with dying and that being the end of a bloodline, so child birth is glorified for that reason. I say people that want kids should start adopting, cause there are way too many kids with nowhere to go in life. And yes education about safe sex is extremely important, but not if it's constantly contradicted by mainstream music.

I dunno I haven't seen any music videos or billboard ads talking about extending your bloodline, could you show me an example? Mainstream music has no noticeable impact on overpopulation, overpopulation did not suddenly happen over the last 15 years. Feel free to provide facts and evidence to support your argument. Unless, of course, that was just a baseless opinion.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #34
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

To touch on the adoption thing, I know for damn sure if I'm able to have a kid of my own I will and I'm sure the majority of others feel the same way. While adoption and the idea that more people should do it is great, it's just not feasible. Why spend tens of thousands of dollars to adopt a baby when you can fuck someone and have a kid of your own.

Plus the whole adoption thing totally counteracts you idea about bloodlines. The adopted children are pieces of others not you. And plus, that way of thinking died out ages ago. Bloodline importance is pretty insignificant now a days imo. People have kids because they want kids, pretty simple.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #35
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I dunno I haven't seen any music videos or billboard ads talking about extending your bloodline, could you show me an example? Mainstream music has no noticeable impact on overpopulation, overpopulation did not suddenly happen over the last 15 years. Feel free to provide facts and evidence to support your argument. Unless, of course, that was just a baseless opinion.
Reading comprehension is important..
Old 10-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #36
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
To touch on the adoption thing, I know for damn sure if I'm able to have a kid of my own I will and I'm sure the majority of others feel the same way. While adoption and the idea that more people should do it is great, it's just not feasible. Why spend tens of thousands of dollars to adopt a baby when you can fuck someone and have a kid of your own.

Plus the whole adoption thing totally counteracts you idea about bloodlines. The adopted children are pieces of others not you. And plus, that way of thinking died out ages ago. Bloodline importance is pretty insignificant now a days imo. People have kids because they want kids, pretty simple.
So whats wrong with having a kid of your own and adopting one? That's probably what I'm gonna do when I'm ready to have one. I know if I have one now, that kid will not live past puberty.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #37
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm ok with this as long as its a private individual funding it, if the government was involved I would change stance though. I'm really uncomfortable with governmental policies that remove fundamental rights from people (i.e. like the ability to decide to have children or not).

Last edited by 2LeTTeRS : 10-18-2010 at 12:10 PM.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #38
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Reading comprehension is important..
But not as important as avoiding the point of my post. Do you have any examples of the glorification of reproduction or extending your bloodline in todays culture?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #39
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
But not as important as avoiding the point of my post. Do you have any examples of the glorification of reproduction or extending your bloodline in todays culture?
I'm not avoiding anything, you clearly looked at my post and just saw what you wanted to see. That's why I said reading comprehension is important. I did not say anywhere that mainstream music glorifies reproduction. I explained it in my previous post, so go take some reading courses and get back to me.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #40
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

Quote:
I'm not avoiding anything, you clearly looked at my post and just saw what you wanted to see. That's why I said reading comprehension is important. I did not say anywhere that mainstream music glorifies reproduction. I explained it in my previous post, so go take some reading courses and get back to me.

So as I take it, you have nothing to support your argument? You know the original statement "Overpopulation stems from the constant glorification of reproduction." Was that based on facts or personal experience? Or was it just a random statement made in the heat of the moment without much thought?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #41
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
So whats wrong with having a kid of your own and adopting one? That's probably what I'm gonna do when I'm ready to have one. I know if I have one now, that kid will not live past puberty.

Nothing, that would be great. I applaud anyone who decides to adopt. But that still doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of people prefer kids of their own over kids of others. I understand you would like for people to adopt more but its just not going to happen. As I said before, adoption is an insane process (especially if you adopt within the States) and frankly not worth the hassle if you can produce your own. Your idea means well but is not realistic.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #42
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
So as I take it, you have nothing to support your argument? You know the original statement "Overpopulation stems from the constant glorification of reproduction." Was that based on facts or personal experience? Or was it just a random statement made in the heat of the moment without much thought?
Do you even have an argument? What exactly are you doing in this thread? You are talking about something completely off topic, for whatever reason arguing with me and bringing up no points of your own. Explain why I should even dignify you with a response.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #43
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
Nothing, that would be great. I applaud anyone who decides to adopt. But that still doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of people prefer kids of their own over kids of others. I understand you would like for people to adopt more but its just not going to happen. As I said before, adoption is an insane process (especially if you adopt within the States) and frankly not worth the hassle if you can produce your own. Your idea means well but is not realistic.
Hopefully the way things are now will change someday, but unfortunately you are correct.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #44
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Quote:
Hopefully the way things are now will change someday, but unfortunately you are correct.

Ya I hope so too. Way to many kids without a home in the world. Adoption needs to become way less stringent and more open to those with willing hearts. I doubt it will ever happen though. Policy is too ingrained to be uprooted unless their is major strife.

If you do decide to adopt one day You have my respect.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #45
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Quote:
Ya I hope so too. Way to many kids without a home in the world. Adoption needs to become way less stringent and more open to those with willing hearts. I doubt it will ever happen though. Policy is too ingrained to be uprooted unless their is major strife.

If you do decide to adopt one day You have my respect.
If I find myself in a comfortable place and a good mind state to have kids, I will definitely adopt one and make one. to you as well buddy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: