Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Great games that don't get the recognition they deserve.

State some of your favourite games that have been overlooked by the masses. Here is my list of great games that many have never played.

A great game from rockstar! Best played with a mate on co-op this great action game involves looting mugging and generall anti social behaviour.

Guerrilla warfare in New York city! a must play for action/stealth fans.

While it doesn't re-invent anything this game mixes action and stealth into a nazi occupied paris. Great noir visuals.

Before God of War this game set the standard for huge visuals. I only played a few hours of this game on rental.

What are some the games you guys own that don't get the respect they deserve?
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Great games that don't get the recognition they deserve.

I really liked Freedom Fighters and was really surprised it didn't do well enough to get a sequel. I didn't care for the ending though. The game damn near just stops. I liked that you had a squad to control but it wasn't so insanely in depth that it took forever to learn and get into.

Anyway

Okami on the Wii/PS2 was one of the better action RPGs I have played in the last several years yet hardly anyone knows about it.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One of the best horror games ever made, but unfortunately very few people actually played it due to it being a Gamecube exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is my favorite GameCube title to date. It is also one of my favorite videogames of all time. Does that surprise you? It shouldn't. It comes from a development studio well-versed in making deep, intriguing games, and it's a title that has been in construction for several years. Nintendo and Silicon Knights have molded the game into something that might initially trick some into believing it¿s a Resident Evil clone. However, this couldn't be further from the reality of the situation. The truth is that the title exceeds the play mechanics of Capcom's series in just about every way, from tighter controls, to a much more compelling storyline, 12 playable characters, the addition of multiple combat types, and a magick system that could really become a game all by itself. The end result is far more satisfying.

But there is something every gamer should know going in: Eternal Darkness doesn't offer an immediate pay off. Players will have to invest into the adventure, play, expand, build, learn the magicks, figure out the story, and really advance to reap the full treasures the title has to offer. And don't get me wrong -- the treasures are grand, beautiful things to behold.

Simply put, an amazing achievement that shouldn't be overlooked. Games do not come any better than this. The greatest insanity of all would be to avoid playing it.

You know what needs to be done. Buy. Do not hesitate. Go now!

9.6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot
As perhaps the most legitimately mature M-rated console game to ever be released, Eternal Darkness sets a new standard for the action adventure genre. Featuring a gripping story that never lets up, inventive gameplay, sky-high production values, and an attention to detail that is seldom matched, it's an experience like no other. It's a must-buy for anyone who appreciates an amazing story coupled with equally amazing gameplay, and since it offers almost 30 hours of gameplay each time through (and incentive to play through more than once), it's well worth the money spent. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem will long be remembered as Nintendo's first real step toward broadening its horizons, and may well represent a turning point for video games in general.

9.4/10
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

people didn't like it because it wasn't a traditional platformer like the rest of the series, which is absolutely ridiculous. very fun and lots of originality.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seriously.

These days it's "Fallout 3 this and that". Fallout 3 was a great game but IMO Fallout 2 is still the best in the series and the only story-based game that I've gone back to beat several times. I could play it again now and it would still be a great experience despite knowing pretty much everything that happens.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #6
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Man I loved both The Warriors and Freedom fighters. Wore the Warriors out. I was actually considering downloading Fallout 2 from Gog.com. It actually looked fun, and I'm sure the story was great. I don't care if it doesn't have the updated graphics.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #7
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:13 PM   #8
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

i came to say the saboteur. i had more fun with it than gta4. glad it was covered already.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #9
artex
♫♪♫

artex is considered somewhat coolartex is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I really liked Freedom Fighters and was really surprised it didn't do well enough to get a sequel. I didn't care for the ending though. The game damn near just stops. I liked that you had a squad to control but it wasn't so insanely in depth that it took forever to learn and get into.

Anyway

Okami on the Wii/PS2 was one of the better action RPGs I have played in the last several years yet hardly anyone knows about it.

i still need to play this on ps2, ive heard great things about it
artex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:39 AM   #10
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

I seriously loved that Warriors game ..
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

I thought the saboteur was terrible, the missions were just rediculous

I was really looking forward to it but i was massivley dissapointed, had a great concept, just didnt deliver
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #12
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Splinter Cell And Ghost Recon 1.

ghost recon was the shiizzz!

I remember the Sniper named Astra Galingsky , She uses a Dragunov which was a beast and a cheezzeerrr.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
I thought the saboteur was terrible, the missions were just rediculous

I was really looking forward to it but i was massivley dissapointed, had a great concept, just didnt deliver

I had the complete opposite view on the game, after GTA4 I expect every sandbox style game to suck so the saboteur while not without it's problems actually surprised me. I simply enjoy the game, it doesn't re-invent but it ticks enough boxes for me to be a competent gaming experience.

Here is another

While most people are fully aware of the Hitman games this particular game suffered from a bad release date. Originally a ps2 and xbox game this was released around the launch of xbox 360 which meant it was already showing signs of age in comparrison to the next Gen launch games.

The developers ported this game onto the 360 however it didn't create any buzz.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
Hotbullets
High School Varsity 6th Man

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far

I agree on Okami. That game is so damn good. Long too! I think I spent more than 30 hours beating it.

Haven't played the Warriors yet, but I adored the film. Looks pretty good.
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back

While most people are fully aware of the Hitman games this particular game suffered from a bad release date. Originally a ps2 and xbox game this was released around the launch of xbox 360 which meant it was already showing signs of age in comparrison to the next Gen launch games.

The developers ported this game onto the 360 however it didn't create any buzz.

agree completely. the ps2 and original xbox versions were awful. but on 360/pc it is by far the best hitman game.

another one:

best console multiplayer shooter ever. had a great community, used servers instead of matchmaking, co-op as well as team dm and last man standing.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: