Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
Roy Munson
The Rubberman

Roy Munson has decent reputationRoy Munson has decent reputation
Default Fearless Predictions Thread

Post em!

-Mike Davis will lead the Big Ten in rebounds.
-Ryan Harrow will have a better freshman season for NC State than C.J. Leslie.
-Memphis will win more games than Kentucky.
-Harrison Barnes will not take the world by storm like so many are predicting. I see too much Luol Deng in his game.
-Jackie Carmichael will be the next big man from a mid-major to really turn some heads.
-Kansas St. and Mizzou will be the top two teams in the Big 12 at the end of the season.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fearless Predictions Thread

-UConn will finish in the top 5 of the Big East.
- Kemba Walker will win the NPOY.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
-UConn will finish in the top 5 of the Big East.
- Kemba Walker will win the NPOY.
He said "fearless predictions," not "totally insane."
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

- Both Atlantic 10 and Mountain West get more NCAA bids than Pac 10, and one of them also more than SEC.

- Two teams named Wildcats will make it to the Elite 8, and neither is Kentucky (K-State and Villanova) [erm...not that fearless, I meant to say Final Four, but that could be too much]

- Despite expected to have down years, Louisville, UConn and West Virginia will all make the NCAA Tournament

- Kemba Walker will indeed be the player of the year (like UConnCeltics predicted predicted), but in Big East, not NCAA.

- This will be the first time in (enter the correct number) years when the All America 1st team will consist of five seniors (my picks: Lucas, Pullen, Delaney, Singler, JaJuan Johnson)

- Illinois will win Big 10 and be a number 1 seed.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

- Illinois wins the Big 10 title.
- E'Twaun Moore wins the Big 10 MVP.
- Tim Hardaway, Jr. wins Big 10 Freshmen of the Year.

That's all I got.

Last edited by Maize'N'Blue : 10-27-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize'N'Blue
- Michigan State wins the Big 10 title.

That's not a fearless prediction. They're the preseason favorites to win the Big 10 and the preseason #2 team in the nation. You're not really going out on a limb by saying Michigan State will win the Big 10 title.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:54 AM   #7
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Maryland will land Antwan Space, Baru and Hubert.

HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

- Arkansas wins the SEC West.
- Arkansas makes it to the Final Four of the NIT.
- Marshawn Powell wins SEC Player of the Year.
- Rotnei Clarke breaks his own record of 13 3 pointers made in a game during non-conference play.
- National Champions = Michigan State.
- Florida tops Kentucky to win the SEC East.
- Kentucky does not make it to the Sweet Sixteen.
- Missouri goes to the Final Four.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
- Arkansas wins the SEC West.
- Arkansas makes it to the Final Four of the NIT.
- Marshawn Powell wins SEC Player of the Year.
- Rotnei Clarke breaks his own record of 13 3 pointers made in a game during non-conference play.
- National Champions = Michigan State.
- Florida tops Kentucky to win the SEC East.
- Kentucky does not make it to the Sweet Sixteen.
- Missouri goes to the Final Four.

The SEC Weest can't be that bad. If Arkansas wins it, I'm pretty sure they'll make the big tourney.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #10
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
The SEC Weest can't be that bad. If Arkansas wins it, I'm pretty sure they'll make the big tourney.

Mississippi State won it last year and didn't make the NCAA tournament. It's pretty bad.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #11
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
That's not a fearless prediction. They're the preseason favorites to win the Big 10 and the preseason #2 team in the nation. You're not really going out on a limb by saying Michigan State will win the Big 10 title.

That's true. I guess I didn't really read close enough, I thought we were just posting our predictions.
In that case I'd say Illinois. But my other predictions stay.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #12
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness

The SEC West is awful. There are four teams in the SEC East that would probably win the West this year and the other two (Vandy and South Carolina) could probably compete for 2nd and maybe even 1st.

I'm still not sure why the SEC still insists on going to a divisional alignment in basketball. No other conference does so that I'm aware of. The ACC and Big 12 just have 1-12 standings, which is what the SEC should do.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #13
chips93

perry jones will disappoint a lot of people and Baylor will suck with dunn

Last edited by chips93 : 10-28-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #14
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
The SEC West is awful. There are four teams in the SEC East that would probably win the West this year and the other two (Vandy and South Carolina) could probably compete for 2nd and maybe even 1st.

I'm still not sure why the SEC still insists on going to a divisional alignment in basketball. No other conference does so that I'm aware of. The ACC and Big 12 just have 1-12 standings, which is what the SEC should do.
I'm actually not sure how the ACC does their basketball schedule, because like every other non-ACC fan, I couldn't even tell you what their football divisions are. I know it's Atlantic and Coastal, but the teams in each? No chance.

But the Big XII does do their basketball schedule by the football divisions: that is, the South teams play each other twice each and play the North teams once, alternating home/away each year. Kinda devalues the regular season championship, which is my concern with the Big Ten's expansion, but that's life as a basketball fan when football rules all. (Not that I don't love football too, but you know what I mean.)
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #15
KG215
NBA Legend

I''m fine ith non-divisional basketball if they find the fairest way to make sure a balanced rotating schedule is in place. The ACC has a format where every team plays 3 teams at home only, 3 teams on the road only, and 5 teams home and away.

Now, rivalries are kept in-tact and someone like NC State gets screwed because they play UNC and Wake Forest twice a year every year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: