Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 10-25-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default GT: Game 1 vs Blazers 10/27

@
Los Angeles Clippers(0-0) VS
Portland Trail Blazers(?-?)
[color=Red]
WHEN: Wednesday, October 27th - 7:30 PM PT 10:30 PM ET
WHERE: Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
MEDIA: FSN Prime Ticket; ESPN; AM 980

Q's Prediction: Clippers Win 98-84
Q's Prediction Record: 0-0

Q's Quote:
Here we go, new Coach, new uniforms, new season along with a new, and deeper bench. Additions of Ryan Gomes, Randy Foye, Eric Bledsoe, Willie Warren, Al-Farouq Aminu and even Brian Cook gives the Clippers the depth they have been lacking for so long and with a healthy Blake Griffin, they can sneak up on some teams and make a push for the post season for the first time since Sam Cassell & Cuttino Mobley took them one play away from an appearance in the Western Conference Finals. Blazers, on the flipside, will be coming off a back to back to open the season and are facing major injury concerns with their top three Centers and even Jeff Pendegraph went down so I expect the Clippers to attack in the inside with Blake Griffin and Chris Kaman, not to mention, Rhino off the bench.

Q's Key To The Game:
  • Attack the inside. As mentioned already, Blazers have injury issues with their big man and the Clippers should be able to exploit it with Kaman and Griffin.
  • Defend Roy. Brandon Roy is one of the few players in the NBA that can single handily win a game for his team, and the Clippers need to make sure Gordon and Butler stick him.
  • Three point shot. Bingo's have been an achilles heel of the Clippers for so long, but Gordon and Butler need to hit their shots to open up the inside for Kaman & Griffin.

qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: GT: Game 1 vs Blazers 10/27

Will be at the game. ESPN is televising it, last time ESPN was in town for opening night the Lakers blew us out
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:12 AM   #3
eemas91
Kids at the park dunk on me

eemas91 has an OK reputation so far

Not complaining, but I wonder why VDN isn't playing Cook at all this game. He seemed to go to him a lot during the preseason.
eemas91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I saw the second half mainly, so I can't fully comment on everything, but VDN is an idiot. Portland is playing a zone and you bench your hottest shooter?
Old 10-28-2010, 01:37 AM   #5
qrich
King Heno

Q's Keys To The Game:

Attack the inside. As mentioned already, Blazers have injury issues with their big man and the Clippers should be able to exploit it with Kaman and Griffin. Griffin did his job, getting 20/14 in his debut with 4 assists as well, but Kaman stunk it up. Eight points on 18 shot attempts is just flat out PATHETIC. Missing Craig Smith hurt as well.

Defend Roy. Brandon Roy is one of the few players in the NBA that can single handily win a game for his team, and the Clippers need to make sure Gordon and Butler stick him. Roy had a solid 22/10 but took 19 shots to do so and was guarded tough during the second half. For a wihle, t he Clippers couldn't guard anything.

Three point shot. Bingo's have been an achilles heel of the Clippers for so long, but Gordon and Butler need to hit their shots to open up the inside for Kaman & Griffin. 5-18 from three. Take away 4-6 from Rasual Butler (who was benched when the Blazers were playing zone surprisingly), the Clippers were 1-12 from three.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #6
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I saw the second half mainly, so I can't fully comment on everything, but VDN is an idiot. Portland is playing a zone and you bench your hottest shooter?

his rotations were so bad all night. i guess i understand wwhy the bulls fans hated him so much. i think he'll be good for this team in the long run, but gotdamn. deandre jordan was blocking everything, him and blake were playing great and in the second half dj doesn't come back in. foye played way too many minutes, and played so terrible the whole game.

maybe i should just watch the first three quarters of every game.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
his rotations were so bad all night. i guess i understand wwhy the bulls fans hated him so much. i think he'll be good for this team in the long run, but gotdamn. deandre jordan was blocking everything, him and blake were playing great and in the second half dj doesn't come back in. foye played way too many minutes, and played so terrible the whole game.

maybe i should just watch the first three quarters of every game.

Dude, it seemed like Dunleavy was back coaching the team
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20F9dIw_onk Blake still gives me hope

Also I dont think I have ever been at a Clipper game so loud since the 05/06 season. Hopefully we can keep up with attendance because it was an intense atmosphere.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Dude, it seemed like Dunleavy was back coaching the team

No kidding. Keeping your best shooter out when the opponents are playing zone is idiotic to do so. Not to mention attacking through Chris Kaman when he's struggling while the zone is STILL being played.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: