Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default USC #2 in the BCS

with their victory over notre dame USC looks poised to head to the title game against number one ohio state, what's everyones thoughts on the game and the BCS bowls in general...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

BCS and USC can go to hell
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
BCS and USC can go to hell

Thats my team USC. I love USC. We #2 and all we have to do is beat our crosstown rivals UCLA and WE IN THE SHIP. We will beat UCLA and we will go on to play Ohio state in the National Cahmpionship game.

GO USC!!!!!!!!!!
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Notre Dame is a paper tiger anyway.

Even as a Florida fan, if both UF and USC win out I'll be okay if USC goes to the title game. If USC does happen to lose on Saturday and Florida wins, I will be angry if the stupid hype gets Michigan a rematch. How can you win a national title if you can't even win your confernece? The Big Ten (really eleven) should add or drop a team and get themselves a title game. How can you determine who's really the conference champion if everyone doesn't play each other. It's just a smaller example of the mindset that got us in the crazy BCS system we're in now where who'll play in the title game is decided off the field.

Before anyone goes on and starts with the whole Florida's being hypocritical because they got a rematch in their title game after the 1996 season that I've heard spouted off by a lot of people, I would like to inform you of something.
That game was #1 FSU vs #3 Florida. Florida got there because Nebraska lost in the Big 12 Championship game and the SEC champion automatically plays in the Sugar Bowl. It's those bowl tie-ins that forced then #2 ASU to play Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. If ASU didn't lose and Florida didn't beat FSU by 32 points, ASU might have just as well have been VOTED national champions.
Even that case goes to show you that rematches usually arent as good as the first game.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

florida plays arkansas next week right?
Old 11-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #6
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Arkansas will beat Florida and his argument will be moot.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Arkansas will beat Florida and his argument will be moot.
lol probably... florida also hurt themselves with the scheduling, playing teams like west carolina, central florida and southern miss does them no good, if they want true recognition they need to schedule some tougher teams

Last edited by gts : 11-27-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:28 PM   #8
DLakerfan
Banned

DLakerfan has an OK reputation so far

USC is way overrated, they are only no.12 in my book.
DLakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLakerfan
USC is way overrated, they are only no.12 in my book.

you need a new book
Old 11-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #10
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Thats my team USC. I love USC. We #2 and all we have to do is beat our crosstown rivals UCLA and WE IN THE SHIP. We will beat UCLA and we will go on to play Ohio state in the National Cahmpionship game.

GO USC!!!!!!!!!!

Typical bandwagon fan for the Trojans. You're in no way affiliated with USC, yet you still claim they're your team. It makes no fcuking sense. Cut the crap.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:55 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Typical bandwagon fan for the Trojans. You're in no way affiliated with USC, yet you still claim they're your team. It makes no fcuking sense. Cut the crap.

so only alumni are allowed to cheer for a team?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #12
DLakerfan
Banned

DLakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

not only alumni, also USC students can cheer for USC and Jose who cleans the urinal at USC.
DLakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:08 PM   #13
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLakerfan
not only alumni, also USC students can cheer for USC and Jose who cleans the urinal at USC.
i don't know about jose, i was there for the game and the restrooms were a mess
Old 11-27-2006, 08:12 PM   #14
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

How do you know anything about me. Please dont judge me and call me a bandwagoner. I think they are a good team. Is anybody ever affliated with any team they like. NO. So please dont question my fanhood. Do you make any sense? NO. Thanks you have a nice day.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:12 PM   #15
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

Yes thank you. You can like any team you wont. Its freedom of speech.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: