Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #16
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lol probably... florida also hurt themselves with the scheduling, playing teams like west carolina, central florida and southern miss does them no good, if they want true recognition they need to schedule some tougher teams
Most top teams have a couple of pansies like Central Florida
They chose Western Carolina when the NCAA let everyone add a twelfth regular season game because the preseason rankings had Florida playing #4 Auburn, #8 LSU, #11 FSU, #15 Georgia and #23 Tennessee. Add in Alabama and I think anyone with a schedule like that deserves two gimmes. The choice of Western Carolina now really comes into play because Alabama, Georgia and FSU all had off years during the same season.

If you look at the current BCS rankings UF has played/will play #5 LSU, #9 Arkansas, #11 Auburn, #16 Tennessee and #28 Georgia. Add in 7-5 Kentucky and 7-5 South Carolina and that's not exactly an easy schedule. I would also like to add that Southern Mississippi went 8-4 and is currently #1 in the eastern division of Conference USA. They play on Saturday for the Conference USA Championship.

Michigan and OSU can't match that.
The only team in the hunt with a comparable schedule is USC and they lost to an unranked team.

EDIT: All of this posturing won't really matter much anyway if Arkansas wins and/or USC wins on Saturday. I've heard that Florida's entire offense is a gimmick. I've heard Florida is soft and can't finish games. I've even heard people try to write off the wins at Tennessee, at Vanderbilt and over South Carolina really as losses. I've heard them overemphasize the loss at Auburn even though the game was decided on a call that defied the NCAA rulebook. But saying the Gators need to schedule tougher games is the most ridiculous thing I've heard about the team this entire year.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 11-27-2006 at 10:20 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:24 PM   #17
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Yes thank you. You can like any team you wont. Its freedom of speech.

Freedom of Opinion, but close enough I guess.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:53 PM   #18
DLakerfan
Banned

DLakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i don't know about jose, i was there for the game and the restrooms were a mess

I was there too and asked the manager about Jose and he said Jose was deported 2 days before the game.
DLakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #19
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
How do you know anything about me. Please dont judge me and call me a bandwagoner. I think they are a good team. Is anybody ever affliated with any team they like. NO. So please dont question my fanhood. Do you make any sense? NO. Thanks you have a nice day.

I'm calling your fanhood into question RIGHT NOW, kid. You're still in middle school, yet you already have a college football team? Do you live in LA? Why dont you cheer for the Briuns? Is it because they suck ass? I bet your love for the Trojans would dissipate if they were bottom-dwellers. Dont even try to deny that.

Half of Trojan fans are in no way, shape or form, affiliated with the University. They just jump train since its rolling. I know for a fact you belong in this category. Just like Nick Lachey and a million other superficial fcuks. You sicken me. Thats all I have to say.

FOR LIFE.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:15 PM   #20
DLakerfan
Banned

DLakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
I'm calling your fanhood into question RIGHT NOW, kid. You're still in middle school, yet you already have a college football team? Do you live in LA? Why dont you cheer for the Briuns? Is it because they suck ass? I bet your love for the Trojans would dissipate if they were bottom-dwellers. Dont even try to deny that.

Half of Trojan fans are in no way, shape or form, affiliated with the University. They just jump train since its rolling. I know for a fact you belong in this category. Just like Nick Lachey and a million other superficial fcuks. You sicken me. Thats all I have to say.

FOR LIFE.

Jsub, STFU, you have no right to jump into this kind of conclusion, you are one example of a jealous fan from another school, bandwagoners are part of fanbase and they're here to stay. Whether they're affiliated or not its there right to hop on the train, if you dont like these people then tough luck.

what you need to do is get with your greasy uncle and play hide the salami, you are a loser for life.
DLakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:21 AM   #21
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub

FOR LIFE.

Thats great. Did I say anything about you? NO. So there is no need for jabs. And second of all I am not in middle school. I am in College. And please dont ever question my fanhood till you know me. And if I like a team why does it matter to you. And your just mad because my team beat your team and where going to the ship. No need to hold a grudge. Thank you have a great day.

Last edited by Cool : 11-28-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #22
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLakerfan
Jsub, STFU, you have no right to jump into this kind of conclusion, you are one example of a jealous fan from another school, bandwagoners are part of fanbase and they're here to stay. Whether they're affiliated or not its there right to hop on the train, if you dont like these people then tough luck.

what you need to do is get with your greasy uncle and play hide the salami, you are a loser for life.

Thank you man. I agree 100%.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:38 AM   #23
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

USC isn't a lock for the title game. If they lose to UCLA,all bets are off...
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:38 AM   #24
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Thats great. Did I say anything about you? NO. So there is no need for jabs. And second of all I am not in middle school. I am in College. And please dont ever question my fanhood till you know me. And if I like a team why does it matter to you. And your just mad because my team beat your team and where going to the ship. No need to hold a grudge. Thank you have a great day.

Ya? What college? Am I right to say that you are in no way affiliated with USC? What's your school, college boy?
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:10 PM   #25
bruinballer
Decent playground baller

bruinballer has an OK reputation so far

Gee... what happened to all the USC talk? I haven't posted here in a month... seems like the (bandwagon? don't know, don't care..) USC fans have lost their usual arrogance since my boyz beat the everlovin shyt out of the Trojans in the Rose Bowl... does that mean they're off the bandwagon? Are they gonna start rooting for Ohio State?

God, i loved that game!! Dominated their rushing game, shut down their passing game, showed the nation what kind of quarterback Booty really is (how ironic is it that his last name is also where he spent the majority of the game? LOL)

And you poor 'SC fans.... now you gotta face the nation with your basketball team!! Guess your misery willnever end.. ;-)
bruinballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: