Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Have You Ever Met A Girl Online?

I never have. Something about it just always kinda struck me as a lil weird. I don't really know why, especially since a ****load of people do it these days and so many dating/whatever websites exist.

But, based upon the testimonials of a friend of mine, I made an account on plenty of fish to look around. Cuz according to him he found a couple solid and easy skanks on there, so I was curious. So the other day I'm on there just lookin around and start talkin to this girl that doesn't live too far. It turns out she went to high school with my cousin, and lives just a couple blocks away from em. She wants me to come hang out with her today. I haven't decided whether to go or not.

So I'm asking your experiences on the matter, if you have them, and if not, what would be your course of action?

This also transitions into a whole other question as well though. She has a kid. And sure I can deal with kids here and there, but generally speaking, it's almost always somethin with the girls that have em. Whether that relates to the father, or having to entertain a child instead of getting blown, it's not exactly a great scenario. This causes much more hesitation than the whole "internet" thing of course.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Have You Ever Met A Girl Online?

pof=plenty of (bishes to) fook
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I met girls from there and don't think it's weird at all. They were mad cool, it was awkward/funny for the first 5 minutes but then its the same thing as just meeting up with someone you didn't see in a long time. You get to know what they're like at the moment and thats that.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't meet anyone from Plenty Of Fish. I mean if you're really serious about finding someone, eHarmony or Match.com is the way to go. There are several online coupons for eHarmony that can get you subscribed for pretty cheap.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
I met girls from there and don't think it's weird at all. They were mad cool, it was awkward/funny for the first 5 minutes but then its the same thing as just meeting up with someone you didn't see in a long time. You get to know what they're like at the moment and thats that.
Very well said. In my experience this covers it.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yes. Its dumb unless you don't intend to meet each other in person.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yea her name is latinaheat.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
the GIBBET
Banned

the GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
I never have. Something about it just always kinda struck me as a lil weird. I don't really know why, especially since a ****load of people do it these days and so many dating/whatever websites exist.

But, based upon the testimonials of a friend of mine, I made an account on plenty of fish to look around. Cuz according to him he found a couple solid and easy skanks on there, so I was curious. So the other day I'm on there just lookin around and start talkin to this girl that doesn't live too far. It turns out she went to high school with my cousin, and lives just a couple blocks away from em. She wants me to come hang out with her today. I haven't decided whether to go or not.

So I'm asking your experiences on the matter, if you have them, and if not, what would be your course of action?

This also transitions into a whole other question as well though. She has a kid. And sure I can deal with kids here and there, but generally speaking, it's almost always somethin with the girls that have em. Whether that relates to the father, or having to entertain a child instead of getting blown, it's not exactly a great scenario. This causes much more hesitation than the whole "internet" thing of course.

post her pic or story is BS
the GIBBET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

POF? A few, nothing serious, though I don't really use it hardcore as much as some people. Some kid at my work says he sends like 15-20 messages a week to women. I think I've sent a total of 15-20 in the year I've been a member.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #10
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My current g/f I've been dating for 2.5 years, I met on POF.

I had just moved at the time and didn't know a soul. It was really a last resort sorta thing, but it worked out.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #11
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

haha gobb, tell us more about the 8 min dating..i always wondered about them things.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
the GIBBET
Banned

the GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Not so fast there, Gobb....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I've met females online through a messageboard. Was less me trying to look for love online moreso than chatting and it leading to hanging out then other things. Never a dating site tho. I got a friend who is on some bootycallonline.com (cant quite think of the exact name). But thats kinda different I guess. Every member on there knows the deal is to just bone with no strings attatched. So no need for games. And a female friend who is attractive and goal oriented did this 8 minute dating thing. http://8minutedating.com/ I couldnt do that. Thats a bit weird. But its 2010 and the amount of time people spend online I guess its not that big of a deal when hooking up or hooking up as a result of the internet.

The whole taking sexy photos, making yourself sound great in your bio isnt me. I guess with dating sites the dudes who take semi nude photos score. And maybe the dude with the extensive vocabulary where instead of saying its raining outside will say "Such a gloomy day as if mother nature has fallen into a depression. But I digress.". I dont know guess dating sites aint bad. That dude Howard5Dirk41 or whatever his username was slept with many woman off that site. And we broke his balls for how he looked. I'm just not into the whole process of setting up a profile and waiting for someone to contact me or sifting thru numerous female photos copying/pasting the same note hoping a fish catches the bait. I figure what the f*ck can you say that these females havent heard/read already.

the GIBBET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I've met females online through a messageboard. Was less me trying to look for love online moreso than chatting and it leading to hanging out then other things. Never a dating site tho. I got a friend who is on some bootycallonline.com (cant quite think of the exact name). But thats kinda different I guess. Every member on there knows the deal is to just bone with no strings attatched. So no need for games.

Exact same word for word.

And the site is onlinebootycall.com. Whenever my friend is here I find it in my browser history....
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #14
chrisxuk

I chat to a girl who lives in New Jersey, we met online.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #15
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yea , a lot of people by facebook.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: