Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #31
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,038
Bring-Your-Js has decent reputation
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Poodle, he's still a very good WR. That's pretty much the only thing I've stated in relation to present day Moss. From an all-time standpoint, he has a stronger case than just about anybody as the 2nd best WR of all-time.

As for perfect system, perfect throws in New England, let me know when another WR pulls down 50 TDs in 51 games with nearly 4,000 yards to boot. Moss has led the NFL in Rec TDs two of the last three seasons, putting up 1250+ yards on both occasions. That isn't stuff from 2003. It's quite recent.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #32
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
What part of "leads league in interceptions" and "30th in passer rating" do you not understand? We're not talking about 1 or 2 bad games, we're talking about a bad season.

Of course you don't think Moss makes a difference, that would entail admitting that you were wrong. But don't tell me Moss made no difference in the first 5 games when he is STILL leading the team in touchdowns. I want no part of that kind of idiocy.


LT would've had those same sorry stats thru those first 5~ games where everyone was calling him washed up. if you've been following NFL long enough things don't happen like that overnight. people were calling Favre washed up his last year in GB before he had a hell of a last year, then realized he could still play, shocked everyone, went ot the Jets and then sucked down the stretch, everyone was calling him washed up again, went to the Vikings and turned into their MVP chasing a Superbowl, then they BEGGED him back this year. now as soon as he starts playing shitty again he sucks forever now again?

like my other big thread here players just do not go from very good to sucking in 1 year. now organizations may give up on players, move in younger players to take over older players and phase them out, but to act like Favre sucks and can't play good games anymore is naive.

admitting i was wrong? about? since ALL you care about is Moss more than your team, and its a joke to me. i've never seen more Moss dick suckiing than here tbh. its silly. especially llistening to you idiots throw out these careeer accolades to pretend how unstoppable he is now but in reality its NOWHERE near that. keep thinking he commands 2-3 DB's every play like he used to, or that the Pats can't win without him. he sure isn't this unstoppable force for the Vikiings. i'm not saying he sux either but i AM saying he is overrated here a LOT.

if anything i was right since i wasn't expecting that much of a change for NE or the Vikings with the Moss trade....and definitely less of a impact that almost everyone else hyping him was wrong about here thus far.

Last edited by Poodle : 10-25-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #33
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year
 
Tarik One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,442
Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

I believe the margin of decline for a 40 year old from one season to the next is greater than the margin for a 30 or 35 year old.

I don't see Brett miraculously bouncing back down the stretch. He'll show some flashes here and there and get his followers pumped, but he'll come up short as usual.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #34
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring-Your-Js
Poodle, he's still a very good WR. That's pretty much the only thing I've stated in relation to present day Moss. From an all-time standpoint, he has a stronger case than just about anybody as the 2nd best WR of all-time.

As for perfect system, perfect throws in New England, let me know when another WR pulls down 50 TDs in 51 games with nearly 4,000 yards to boot.


i'm not talking about any 1 person here more than in general. the Moss hype IS way overblown here, even if he is arguably the best WR in football, the hype he gets here is absurd.

i was FAR FAR FAAAAR more impressed with his TD's at Minny than 95% of TD's he got in NE for that record. again these stats just don't tell the whole story, and judging him by the stats a lot of people here love to throw out it would make people think Moss was in his prime today or with NE, when if you've watched him its not CLOSE to true.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #35
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,944
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
LT would've had those same sorry stats thru those first 5~ games where everyone was calling him washed up. if you've been following NFL long enough things don't happen like that overnight. people were calling Favre washed up his last year in GB before he had a hell of a last year, then realized he could still play, shocked everyone, went ot the Jets and then sucked down the stretch, everyone was calling him washed up again, went to the Vikings and turned into their MVP chasing a Superbowl, then they BEGGED him back this year. now as soon as he starts playing shitty again he sucks forever now again?

like my other big thread here players just do not go from very good to sucking in 1 year. now organizations may give up on players, move in younger players to take over older players and phase them out, but to act like Favre sucks and can't play good games anymore is naive.

admitting i was wrong? about? since ALL you care about is Moss more than your team, and its a joke to me. i've never seen more Moss dick suckiing than here tbh. its silly. especially llistening to you idiots throw out these careeer accolades to pretend how unstoppable he is now but in reality its NOWHERE near that. keep thinking he commands 2-3 DB's every play like he used to, or that the Pats can't win without him. he sure isn't this unstoppable force for the Vikiings. i'm not saying he sux either but i AM saying he is overrated here a LOT.
lol did Moss shoot your dog? We point out facts and you bring up fellatio. By your own logic you should change your name to Deana. Your argument is stupid and weak, if you're wondering why we aren't agreeing.

Your getting upset with me when I point out the fact that the Pats offense sucked yesterday is also stupid. They won't mention Moss but the entire team, when asked about it, admits the performance was awful. I point out the extremely obvious fact that they just lost their best receiver and you go berserk. Not my problem. Grow up, dumbass.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #36
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,038
Bring-Your-Js has decent reputation
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Saying he's in his prime today would be an insult to his prime. I don't think anybody thinks he's the guy that put up 1600+ and 16+ TDs in the same season. No, but he's still a 1+K yard, double-digit TD receiver who remains a deep threat. To the extent of 1998-2003? Hell no, but an impactful player nonetheless.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #37
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon
 
KeylessEntry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 6,723
KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Did favre fracture his ankles while he was jumping up and down celebrating that late 4th quarter TD that got called back?
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #38
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
lol did Moss shoot your dog? We point out facts and you bring up fellatio. By your own logic you should change your name to Deana. Your argument is stupid and weak, if you're wondering why we aren't agreeing.

Your getting upset with me when I point out the fact that the Pats offense sucked yesterday is also stupid. They won't mention Moss but the entire team, when asked about it, admits the performance was awful. I point out the extremely obvious fact that they just lost their best receiver and you go berserk. Not my problem. Grow up, dumbass.


lol i just completely mushed your spur of the moment reaction condemning Favre, probably the 10th time you've been wrong about him, and thousandth time on every other NFL player you saw the previous sunday.

and don't come at me like i'm hating on Moss, more than you need to get Moss's dick out of your mouth because i don't see more homer fanaticism towards a player than what you're displaying, and its f'in sad. i swear you'd rather have Moss than your favorite team win. thats how much of his dick you have in your mouth.

how many Moss 100+ yd game predicitions have people given now? multi TD games since he's been traded? oh thats right he's taking so much attention away even if a lot of times he's getting single covered

whatever tho. i don't care about trying to convince you NE is still good without Moss, all you seem hung up on is his 50 TD's more than your team's W's...
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #39
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,944
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Once again you fail to say anything new, relevant, or intelligent. Perhaps someone with a brain will take up your side and I can debate with them...I doubt it though. I have no interest in talking ***** with you.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #40
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring-Your-Js
Saying he's in his prime today would be an insult to his prime. I don't think anybody thinks he's the guy that put up 1600+ and 16+ TDs in the same season. No, but he's still a 1+K yard, double-digit TD receiver who remains a deep threat. To the extent of 1998-2003? Hell no, but an impactful player nonetheless.


i'm fine with that. and i even said he's still arguably one of the top WR's in the NFL.

i'm NOT fine with people like RealmenWearGreen pumping him up crowing about the 50TD record, make/break the Pats like he's so dominating they can't win without him. its just silly to me, especially when NFL is such a team game, and losing him IMO for the pats isn't nearly as devastating as he and Moss homers act.

that passing game was fine before Moss, and it'll be fine after him.

its just so obvious he isn't that dominating receiver where he earned most of his rep, no matter what stats people want to throw out there.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #41
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Once again you fail to say anything new, relevant, or intelligent. Perhaps someone with a brain will take up your side and I can debate with them...I doubt it though. I have no interest in talking ***** with you.


lol you're like a nfl version of a kobe homer, except exchange kobe with moss. even worse with you its like you put moss over your favorite team. sad.

its ok tho, NBA season is starting and just had my fantasy basketball draft, which means i won't be posting here as often. at least i get to clown Niko on NBA forum now
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #42
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,944
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Seriously? I don't normally point it out, but...you have those red bars for a reason. Take a look in the mirror.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #43
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,038
Bring-Your-Js has decent reputation
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
i'm fine with that. and i even said he's still arguably one of the top WR's in the NFL.

i'm NOT fine with people like RealmenWearGreen pumping him up crowing about the 50TD record, make/break the Pats like he's so dominating they can't win without him. its just silly to me, especially when NFL is such a team game, and losing him IMO for the pats isn't nearly as devastating as he and Moss homers act.

that passing game was fine before Moss, and it'll be fine after him.

its just so obvious he isn't that dominating receiver where he earned most of his rep, no matter what stats people want to throw out there.

yeah were on two totally different topics then as i've said literally nothing about how it affects the patriots and what not. i certainly dont think brady throwing for his two highest yardage years with moss, new england having the no. 1 offense of all time or brady's career high td passes going from 28 to 50 suddenly is a coincidence however. I do think they'll do fine offensively. In my mind they'd already started going away from him towards the end of last season and went extreme with the emergence of hernandez this year.

does moss have hardcore fans? Oh yes. I dont know if its at a Kobe Level though. If only because moss has dominated his sport much more than kobe from an individual standpoint, impact standpoint. A lot of NWE fans were probably hooked the second moss split triple coverage against the jets in week one of 2007.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #44
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Seriously? I don't normally point it out, but...you have those red bars for a reason. Take a look in the mirror.


i'll take my nfl knowledge any day of the week over you bro. i mean at least i judge from watching more than stat clicking everything, and applying those stats in retard ways.

red bars are for cool people
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #45
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Would you consider benching Brett Favre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring-Your-Js
yeah were on two totally different topics then as i've said literally nothing about how it affects the patriots and what not. i certainly dont think brady throwing for his two highest yardage years with moss, new england having the no. 1 offense of all time or brady's career high td passes going from 28 to 50 suddenly is a coincidence however. I do think they'll do fine offensively. In my mind they'd already started going away from him towards the end of last season and went extreme with the emergence of hernandez this year.

does moss have hardcore fans? Oh yes. I dont know if its at a Kobe Level though. If only because moss has dominated his sport much more than kobe from an individual standpoint, impact standpoint.

thing is i think that stat is tricky mostly because Moss was the first BIG name receiver he had that he really focused on. but DURING it when they were breezing through the league it was almost like anyone could've caught any amount of TD's every game to me if Brady so chose that year. i mean they were a GREAT team all around where they made it look so easy, and it IMO wasn't just because of Moss. it was like how easy the Rams made everything look when they were breezing thru everyone. just really hard to explain but when teams reach that lvl of effectiveness it almost looks like they can do whatever they want on the field, and let whomever score even if it was mostly Faulk, or mostly Moss with the Pats.

again not saying Moss isn't/wasn't a top player in the league, but i just feel he's overcredited for how great the Pats were, or rather how great of a well oiled machine they were. its really the systems, and sometimes teams get systems in place where they make it all look so easy, which has a lot more to do than any 1 playeer.

i give ALL of the credit in the world to Moss when he was unstoppable for the Vikings. never seen something so sick in sports from that position. new NFL fans probably never watched that Moss and think Moss was in his prime with the Pats due to stats. when he's nowhere near that player anymore imo. that was definitely on a lvl that deserves this forums Moss hype, but i just think how people are hyping him like that now is overrated.

Last edited by Poodle : 10-25-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy