Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 10-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default SEASON OPENER CatCast: Bobcats at Mavs, 10/27, 8:30 PM EST, American Airlines Center

@

Local TV: SportSouth
Natl TV: NBA LP

Charlotte Starting Lineup

Key Reserves

Last edited by Bobcat4Ever : 10-25-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: SEASON OPENER CatCast: Bobcats at Mavs, 10/27, 8:30 PM EST, American Airlines Center

Beautiful! B4E--You're hired!
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: SEASON OPENER CatCast: Bobcats at Mavs, 10/27, 8:30 PM EST, American Airlines Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Beautiful! B4E--You're hired!

+1. And 2 days ahead of time too!

I'm so psyched for the season to start. I took my daughter to the open practice last night. I bought her a Bobcats pennant for $4 and she got it autographed by Boris, Jack and Crash. Money well spent.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

I'm so psyched for the season to start. I took my daughter to the open practice last night. I bought her a Bobcats pennant for $4 and she got it autographed by Boris, Jack and Crash. Money well spent.

Can I be your daughter? Just once?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

you got to meet all those guys?! you are a lucky man
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
you got to meet all those guys?! you are a lucky man

I wouldn't exactly call it meeting them. After the practice they let people down on the court (which was roped off) and the players and coach Brown were positioned at different spots around the court signing autographs. I helped my daughter push her way in and hold out the pennant to get it signed, followed by us saying "Thanks Gerald", etc. The biggest mob of people was around Larry, who was signing and letting people get their pics taken with him. We weren't able to get close to him before they announced that the autograph session was over.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

We've never beat the Mavs. How does their current team stack up against last season's and do we have a chance in Hades of a win tomorrow night?
Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
We've never beat the Mavs. How does their current team stack up against last season's and do we have a chance in Hades of a win tomorrow night?

Last year we came the closest, beating them the whole game only to give it away in the end of the 4th quarter and eventually lose in OT.

Hard to say how we match up. On paper Kidd/Augustin looks like a missmatch but JK is what 60 by now? Also Livingston appears ready to go (according to Bonnell fwiw). Gerald Wallace can easily handle Marion and also help defend on the other side. Center will be a weak area. Chandler is injured (surprise!) but Heywood was playing out of his mind towards the end of the season. Nazr and Diop will need to be in top form to handle both Heywood and Dirk.

Nowitzki is the main problem, as he is with every team. Very tough to guard a 7 foot PF who can drive but also hit from 3 and has a sweet and almost undefendable fadeaway. It will take a team effort of Boris, Tyrus and Jack to contain him.

The keys to this game might just lie in the former Dallas players on our roster: Diop, Carroll, Najera.

Should be a good game. Let's go cats!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
The Bobcats got an injury scare Tuesday, when Stephen Jackson strained a tendon in his left ankle at practice. Jackson was limping, but was confident he'll play tonight.

I had no idea...
Old 10-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

Just FYI everybody, NBA league pass is currently free ( TV and internet) so you can catch the cats game on there
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentISballin
Just FYI everybody, NBA league pass is currently free ( TV and internet) so you can catch the cats game on there

Timmeh and B4E were saying that they won't be able to see any Cats games this season. Are you saying that those games will be free on NBA League Pass? Maybe that's the solution for our mods, then.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #12
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Quote:
Timmeh and B4E were saying that they won't be able to see any Cats games this season. Are you saying that those games will be free on NBA League Pass? Maybe that's the solution for our mods, then.

It will be the solution for a couple of days until the free trial runs out.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #13
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

hey guys, i'm definitely gonna be purchasing nba league pass broadband this year, so when i'll do i'll email everyone the username and password. that's stupid that you guys live right there and aren't able to watch the game. broadband is great though and i'm always up for sharing with my fellow bobcats fans
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #14
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Bless your soul.

I haven't the money for such purchases at this point.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #15
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

AHHHH league pass is giving me a blackout ARGHH. Here in Boone I am only 1.5 hours from charlotte and can't even get the game on cable tv hopefully some stream pops up
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: