Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Worst QB Situation In the NFL

Arizona have undrafted rookie Max Hall as their starting quarterback, with Derek Anderson getting playing time as well.
Matt Moore starts for the Carolina Panthers.
Tony Romo will miss nearly the entire season for the Cowboys.
I haven't seen a single 49ers game this year but I've heard Alex Smith has been terrible.
You can choose other teams/QB's as well.

Which team has the most problems at quarterback right now?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Worst QB Situation In the NFL

Of those, Arizona, because they have no hope for the present or future. I would say Carolina because I have no faith in Clausen personally but the team itself drafted him so must believe he has some potential. I don't know a thing about Hall TBH so this is a little unfair but figure if they din't think he was worth a draft pick and are only going to him now they can't think he's that good at all. Although the fact that they are at least going to him while Carolina doesn't want Clausen out there (yet) after seeing him play makes this close.

Dallas is out because Romo will be back eventually so if JJ doesn't neuter his next coach they could even be a playoff team.

Alex Smith stinks but the team is somewhat sticking with him and once a season he'll have a game, which is a little better than Carolina and AZ's situation.

And now for a minor attempt at threadjacking: I'd love to see NE send off a first for Larry Fitzgerald, who is going to waste at least one season with AZ's QB quandry and a few more if they try to draft a solution. With Fitz Brady and the offense could be awesome again, and Fitz himself deserves more shots at the SB, when the QB can play Fitz can show that he's arguably the best WR in the league. I wouldn't even be shocked to see him challenge Moss's TD record.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Definitely Arizona. Sorry Fitz.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Bills are starting Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

fitzpatrick is actually pretty good. he's getting a lot of criticism like last week was some fluke but if you look at his numbers so far this year he's been very efficient. he looked great last week fitting balls in between small spaces and hitting receivers all over the place. he doesn't have a gun arm but he's mobiile and seems to be able to get it there. i remember watching him in Cinci and i thought he was terrible with no future, but he looks like a completely different QB now. i think he's going to be their QB of the future, and be a quality QB sooner or later in the league....

i'd say its Carolina. Moore and Klausen are terrible. Max Hall at least has games where he's looked good and is mobile even if he stunk last week. Kitna was pretty good a few years ago and is starter material. Fitzpatrick is a sleeper given how poorly he's perceived, and the thing is the Bills D sux so he's going to be airing it this year so grab him if you need a QB in fantasy.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
11 TDs vs. 4 INTs. 102 QB rating. He's actually playing well for them, even though they're still a lousy team. Doesn't belong in this discussion.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
11 TDs vs. 4 INTs. 102 QB rating. He's actually playing well for them, even though they're still a lousy team. Doesn't belong in this discussion.
I expect him and Steven Johnson to come back to Earth. The guy could not beat out Trent Edwards for a reason.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #8
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
I expect him and Steven Johnson to come back to Earth. The guy could not beat out Trent Edwards for a reason.

blame the previous coaching staff thinking captain checkdown go nowhere offense w/o turning the ball over conservative running game approach was a good idea. you have to be able to take chances downfield to be a good Qb in the league, and coaches staffs that think they can still get away with conservative offenses in today's league deserve not to have jobs.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #9
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
He's probably not as good as his numbers show but the situation in Arizona is dreadful. I'm not saying he's elite, but he's not in the "worst QB in the league" discussion.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

And now for a minor attempt at threadjacking: I'd love to see NE send off a first for Larry Fitzgerald, who is going to waste at least one season with AZ's QB quandry and a few more if they try to draft a solution. With Fitz Brady and the offense could be awesome again, and Fitz himself deserves more shots at the SB, when the QB can play Fitz can show that he's arguably the best WR in the league. I wouldn't even be shocked to see him challenge Moss's TD record.

NOOOOOOOO.

Fitz is my favorite NFL player and I'd love to see him chase Moss's record or do other amazing things but I do not want him in NE. I'm sorry RMWG because you're a NE fan but I hate them to death, just hate them. (Same with the Celtics). Any place would be better for Fitz right now tho. He's still only 27 years old and like you said can be the best WR in the League, he just has one of the worst QB's passing to him. It would be a great trade for both New England and Fitzgerald tho.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Arizona.

They cut loose Leinart because the players reacted better to Anderson...who got benched because the players reacted better to Hall.

Hall's a good kid and a gamer. So's my 7 year old nephew. Neither is an NFL QB.

Only other QB on the roster is Skelton, a rookie out of Fordham who looks like a QB and throws like a QB, but is WAY behind in his development on the field. At 6'5, 225 at Fordham he was as big as many D-linemen.

There's nobody to go forward with and nobody to go back to. The coaching staff has done a horrible job in this situation.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Arizona is the worst situation. Neither of those guys has any future.

SF is probably next. They have two guys who came into the league with a lot of hope, but are complete busts.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

No matter how you feel about Fitzpatrick, he'd still be a better backup option than Kitna.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #14
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Arizona is the worst situation. Neither of those guys has any future.

SF is probably next. They have two guys who came into the league with a lot of hope, but are complete busts.

Followed by a Heisman Trophy winner who's starting this week. Yikes.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Lets put it this way.....

Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallett and Jake Locker will be playing for Arizona, Buffalo and SF next season.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: