Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #16
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Worst QB Situation In the NFL

troy smith is starting at qb for the niners this week. which is a laugher.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #17
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Alex Smith is actually a decent QB.. He's just terrible unlucky.

He'll go 10/12 in the first half then the next play the ball will be tipped/dropped by the WR and into the hands of the defense. Many times this season he has responded positively to pressure(he got booed and fans chanted for david ****ing carr) he went on to almost beat Philly. He's a nice QB with pretty good tools, Arm, vision, athleticism, poise, etc. He just has mental lapses in the game, he'll start and finish the game greatly but the mid 2nd quarter he'll just bomb it.

He also had a bad O-line for the duration of his career. Dude has to run out of the pocket every damn play because the FO thought it was a smart idea to start 2 rookie 1st round picks. Anthony Davis is also playing like the worst tackle in the league and is responsible for injuring Smith. Smith has been playing alot better recently.

I like Smith as the future QB of the niners.
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #18
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alex Smith has been not good. But not terrible. And if Mike Singletary would just give up trying to play a style we don't have the personnel for and open it up he could be good. I think he's a slinger.

David Carr in his limited action threw at least 3 passes about 4 yards short. Idk even know why we picked him up.

And with Smith hurt we're going to Troy Smith.

Well I hope maybe this team will get some energy. But we need to not get too conservative because that's been killing us all year.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #19
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Alex Smith is actually a decent QB.. He's just terrible unlucky.

He'll go 10/12 in the first half then the next play the ball will be tipped/dropped by the WR and into the hands of the defense. Many times this season he has responded positively to pressure(he got booed and fans chanted for david ****ing carr) he went on to almost beat Philly. He's a nice QB with pretty good tools, Arm, vision, athleticism, poise, etc. He just has mental lapses in the game, he'll start and finish the game greatly but the mid 2nd quarter he'll just bomb it.

He also had a bad O-line for the duration of his career. Dude has to run out of the pocket every damn play because the FO thought it was a smart idea to start 2 rookie 1st round picks. Anthony Davis is also playing like the worst tackle in the league and is responsible for injuring Smith. Smith has been playing alot better recently.

I like Smith as the future QB of the niners.

He has a mental block I think. He doesn't let it go, he over thinks everything and wants to be perfect. I don't think he's still the QB of the future for us. But I don't think he's so bad that we need to use a number one pick on anyone AND if we do get a QB to groom into a future starter I think he needs to play behind Alex for a year or two.

SF fans are just spoiled at that position. And with this team underachieving I think it's easy to point the finger at an old and familiar scapegoat. But given his tools, Smith has been good.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #20
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Lets put it this way.....

Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallett and Jake Locker will be playing for Arizona, Buffalo and SF next season.

Wait so SF would get Locker!? I would take that in a heartbeat.

Unless you mean with a top pick.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #21
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I also like Alex Smith. He's had what, something like 4 or 5 different OC's since he was drafted? If they could offer him some damn protection up front, another weapon at WR, and some GD consistency from his coaches I think he'd succeed. But now it looks like Singletary will be gone and Smith will be forced to start over AGAIN, whether in SF or elsewhere.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #22
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird is a pretty well-respected posterBird is a pretty well-respected posterBird is a pretty well-respected posterBird is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallett and Jake Locker will be playing for Arizona, Buffalo and SF next season.

I really don't see Buffalo drafting a QB with a high pick next year.

Fitzgerald is the perfect fit for a Chan Gailey offense, they have CJ filling in the back field and Johnson/Evans is a decent start in the receiving crew.

Where they need to shore up is in the linemen department, on both sides of the ball. I think they will be aiming for either a dominant defensive player or a line altering offensive lineman.
Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #23
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I also like Alex Smith. He's had what, something like 4 or 5 different OC's since he was drafted? If they could offer him some damn protection up front, another weapon at WR, and some GD consistency from his coaches I think he'd succeed. But now it looks like Singletary will be gone and Smith will be forced to start over AGAIN, whether in SF or elsewhere.

please people have been trying to make excuses for this bum for years. does he really need more weapons??? he has a top 5 running back in frank gore, top 5 TE in vernon davis and a damn good receiver in Crabtree. Alex Smith is good, yes, but not all the time. He plays good the first drive of the game and in the last 2 minutes. he is unconsistent. dude is a clown, one step lower than jawalrus on the bust scale. 9ers need to take Andrew Luck in the next years draft
Old 10-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #24
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
please people have been trying to make excuses for this bum for years. does he really need more weapons??? he has a top 5 running back in frank gore, top 5 TE in vernon davis and a damn good receiver in Crabtree. Alex Smith is good, yes, but not all the time. He plays good the first drive of the game and in the last 2 minutes. he is unconsistent. dude is a clown, one step lower than jawalrus on the bust scale. 9ers need to take Andrew Luck in the next years draft

Yeah he didn't have those his whole career. He played behind a couple of the worst O-Lines. Got hurt, came back and won his spot again, and then finished last season well. And is doing well this season when they give him the reigns. Mike wants to run it down everyone's throat when to be honest our O-Line isn't ready for that. He is inconsistent which is fixable.

Ask those guys who they want as their QB. In fact they all seemed to have sided with Alex AGAINST the coaching staff. Which is a huge sign.

And Jamarcus is a bust on a level never seen before. I mean maaaaaybe Ryan Leaf. But Jamarcus never even tried to be good.

Plus Andrew Luck is going to be the first QB taken I think. And we won't have a pick up that high, nor would we take a QB there I don't think. Especially with some of these beast D-linemen coming out.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:22 AM   #25
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

You think Az is finishing with the league's worst record?
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:29 AM   #26
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
troy smith is starting at qb for the niners this week. which is a laugher.

I don't think much of Singeltary as a coach, but I congratulate him on this decision. No Smith fan; thought he may have been the most pedestrian Heisman winner ever, and there's been a few. But what else does San Fran do? Play Carr, who is a proven nothing?

Word out of Baltimore was the staff and players preferred to keep Smith as backup to Flacco once camp got under way. Problem is they had already paid guaranteed money to Bulger to fill that slot.

Smith's a poor man's McNabb. Not the most accurate...he'll bounce a few in there...but decent intangibles and can make plays with his feet. Carr can't make plays with any part of his body.

The team's adrift. I think it's the kind of move that should be made when you're desperate to find anything that can generate a win.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:53 AM   #27
1manfastbreak
just win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Yeah he didn't have those his whole career. He played behind a couple of the worst O-Lines. Got hurt, came back and won his spot again, and then finished last season well. And is doing well this season when they give him the reigns. Mike wants to run it down everyone's throat when to be honest our O-Line isn't ready for that. He is inconsistent which is fixable.

Ask those guys who they want as their QB. In fact they all seemed to have sided with Alex AGAINST the coaching staff. Which is a huge sign.

And Jamarcus is a bust on a level never seen before. I mean maaaaaybe Ryan Leaf. But Jamarcus never even tried to be good.

Plus Andrew Luck is going to be the first QB taken I think. And we won't have a pick up that high, nor would we take a QB there I don't think. Especially with some of these beast D-linemen coming out.

i really dont understand how the niners are so bad this year? imo alex smith had his best season of his terrible career last year, and i really thought he was devloping a Rivers-Gates type relationship with Vernon Davis last year, but its really no where to be seen this year.

lol you dont think the niners are going to have a top 10 pick this year? they just lost to the panthers ( ) and are what 1-6 now? niners have a knack for finding ways to lose games this year if i were u i would be hopin for luck dude is raw
Old 10-28-2010, 03:48 AM   #28
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
i really dont understand how the niners are so bad this year? imo alex smith had his best season of his terrible career last year, and i really thought he was devloping a Rivers-Gates type relationship with Vernon Davis last year, but its really no where to be seen this year.

lol you dont think the niners are going to have a top 10 pick this year? they just lost to the panthers ( ) and are what 1-6 now? niners have a knack for finding ways to lose games this year if i were u i would be hopin for luck dude is raw

Turnovers. We started the season playing good teams and gave the ball to them. Seattle was a clunker but the other games we became a charity. Frank Gore has a knack for tipping the ball up in the air and then it goes bad from there. Also our defense has been exposed. Everyone's making suer they put a hat on P Will and then they will run outside which for some reason we have a tough time defending.

The final thing, and I say this constantly, Mike's gotta stop living in the past, and we need a new offensive personality. Gore is our best offensive player for sure, but we can't be the pounding ground offense he wants because we simply don't have the blocking ready for it. Now another injury...

They could be top ten but Luck is a top 3 looking QB. I'm not sold on Locker, or Mallet yet but I do think Mallet has mad tools that could be molded into something pretty special. But he'd be a work in progress. The most interesting player for me in the whole draft is Cam Newton though... wtf is he gonna play?

The other bananas thing is our division is so piss poor that we could still make the playoffs. And if I'm correct they get draft picks based on when they wen't out in the playoffs(?).
Old 10-28-2010, 03:54 AM   #29
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I don't think much of Singeltary as a coach, but I congratulate him on this decision. No Smith fan; thought he may have been the most pedestrian Heisman winner ever, and there's been a few. But what else does San Fran do? Play Carr, who is a proven nothing?

Word out of Baltimore was the staff and players preferred to keep Smith as backup to Flacco once camp got under way. Problem is they had already paid guaranteed money to Bulger to fill that slot.

Smith's a poor man's McNabb. Not the most accurate...he'll bounce a few in there...but decent intangibles and can make plays with his feet. Carr can't make plays with any part of his body.

The team's adrift. I think it's the kind of move that should be made when you're desperate to find anything that can generate a win.

Well no doubt about that. But clearly Alex is the head and shoulder starter. I think they went to Troy because David is just not fit to run this offense in any manner. Especially if they try to open it up. I wanted Troy to get in that game last week myself, I think he can make a play, and David would just be managing and since we cough up the ball like we've got the plague I can easily see a play being needed.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:42 AM   #30
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm going to nominate Minnie for discussion inclusion.
I don't think Favre is the worst QB, but if your coach can't sit a guy that doesn't practice with two fractures in his ankle, is 41 years old and was already playing poorly there is something extremely wrong with your QB situation.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: