Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #31
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Worst QB Situation In the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I'm going to nominate Minnie for discussion inclusion.
I don't think Favre is the worst QB, but if your coach can't sit a guy that doesn't practice with two fractures in his ankle, is 41 years old and was already playing poorly there is something extremely wrong with your QB situation.
I think it is an appropriate nomination. Favre has been downright awful this year. If it were any other QB in the league, he would have been benched by now.

I'm surprised that no one has brought up my Brownies.... We started the year with Jake Delhomme as the starter and he was promptly injured after some atrocious play. Then, we brought in Senaca Wallace, who wasn't too bad, but he was promptly injured.

Thankfully, it appears as though Colt McCoy has brought us some stability, but he is still a rookie who has started just two games and both of his backups are hurt. Not the best situation in the world, to say the least.

Thankfully, we're on a bye week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
troy smith is starting at qb for the niners this week. which is a laugher.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. On the few occasions where Troy was given some playing time in Baltimore, I was always impressed with the way his game translated on an NFL level. Watching him in college, I would have never thought that he would make it in the NFL, just based on his style and size, but he can play.

Watch him before you write him off. I think you will like some of what you see.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 10-28-2010 at 03:31 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #32
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
please people have been trying to make excuses for this bum for years. does he really need more weapons??? he has a top 5 running back in frank gore, top 5 TE in vernon davis and a damn good receiver in Crabtree. Alex Smith is good, yes, but not all the time. He plays good the first drive of the game and in the last 2 minutes. he is unconsistent. dude is a clown, one step lower than jawalrus on the bust scale. 9ers need to take Andrew Luck in the next years draft

I'm tired of people bashing smith for everything. Defense gives up a TD, Smith's fault, Frank Gore drops a pass results in interception, Smith's fault, Anthony Davis getting constantly beat at RT, Smith's fault... He's basically a scapegoat for the niners.

Dude for the first couple of years in his career he had an awful team.. His WR's were the likes of a 50 year old Johnie Morton, Bryan Gilmore, Arnaz Battle, Brandon Lloyd, Bryan Gilmore, etc.. His O-line would get him killed every single play and caused his injury a couple of years ago and the genius coach Mike Nolan decided to play him hurt.

A.Smith has been playing pretty good recently.. Lets see what he can do when he comes back from injury and then the FO can make an assumption.

Last edited by knickballer : 10-28-2010 at 07:17 PM.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #33
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I think it is an appropriate nomination. Favre has been downright awful this year. If it were any other QB in the league, he would have been benched by now.

I'm surprised that no one has brought up my Brownies.... We started the year with Jake Delhomme as the starter and he was promptly injured after some atrocious play. Then, we brought in Senaca Wallace, who wasn't too bad, but he was promptly injured.

Thankfully, it appears as though Colt McCoy has brought us some stability, but he is still a rookie who has started just two games and both of his backups are hurt. Not the best situation in the world, to say the least.

Thankfully, we're on a bye week.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. On the few occasions where Troy was given some playing time in Baltimore, I was always impressed with the way his game translated on an NFL level. Watching him in college, I would have never thought that he would make it in the NFL, just based on his style and size, but he can play.

Watch him before you write him off. I think you will like some of what you see.

Browns QB situation isn't that bad tho, just in shuffle due to injuries. everyone but Delhomme has played better than expected, and even Delhomme hasn't really had much of an opportunity yet. definnitely better off than Quinn/Anderson years...

i don't know why they signed Delhomme for that much tho. so dumb. they should try and trade him to Minny.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #34
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No one's thrown out Oakland's shittastic duo of Campbell/Gradkowski? They aren't in THE worst situation, but they could obviously use an upgrade.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:40 PM   #35
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
No one's thrown out Oakland's shittastic duo of Campbell/Gradkowski? They aren't in THE worst situation, but they could obviously use an upgrade.

The fact that Jamarcus used to be there makes the duo look more attractive than they otherwise would.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #36
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

id take bruce/campbell over alex smith anyday. Raiders have the 3rd rush offense in the league as long as they can hand the ball off to mcfadden and not turn the ball over they are doing their job
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #37
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
You think Az is finishing with the league's worst record?

Not THE worst record, but it's not like those 3 QBs will go 1, 2, 3 at the top of the draft. The Cardinals are a crazy team. 3-3 with a scoring margin of like -70 something. That's insane. They're not that good. They beat the freakin Saints with NO offense....literally, they didn't score an offensive TD.

But, my point was the top 3 picks aren't gonna be all QBs.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: