Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Default Landry Fields to Start for Knicks....

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...ter/?src=twrhp

Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Default Re: Landry Fields to Start for Knicks....

What the fuck. We got two rookies in our starting line-up now. A second rounder and a FA.

This had me cracking up:
"The Knicks opened the preseason with Wilson Chandler as the starting shooting guard. He played well, but his best position is power forward. The Knicks also need more bench scoring, and Chandler – who averaged 15.3 points last season – is an ideal sixth man, with his ability to play three positions."

His best position is power forward what games did he watch? Last time I checked his natural position was the 3 and that's where he is at his best.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Im really stunned.

They don't start the obvious choice in Wilson Chandler. They don't want to use Bill Walker, who played very well for us near the end of last season or the veteran Roger Mason Jr as our starting 2. I mean, it's a great opportunity for Landry and I like the guy. I didn't watch every preseason game but Wilson looked impressive in some of the games.

I really don't get it.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Can't you see what's happening? If we lose, D' Antoni can blame it on the rookies, not himself.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Chandler isn't a 2. He is a 3, but is strong enough and has the skill set to present matchup issues as a 4 on offense only.

D'antoni wants Chandler to be his "Shawn Marion".
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures! Welcome to the starting line up and another vacuum position on the court. I hope he works out and Amare doesnt demand a trade soon from no help!

Chandler is a 4 dont see what skills he possess to be a 3. Maybe he will take the time to improve now. I dont see how a guy that has no confidence in his ability as a starter going to find confidence leading the offense on the 2nd unit.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I guess desperate times call for desperate measures! Welcome to the starting line up and another vacuum position on the court. I hope he works out and Amare doesnt demand a trade soon from no help!

Chandler is a 4 dont see what skills he possess to be a 3. Maybe he will take the time to improve now. I dont see how a guy that has no confidence in his ability as a starter going to find confidence leading the offense on the 2nd unit.

Chandler is a 3, although D'antoni wants him to be like Marion.
Normally a small forward is your most versatile player.

That fits Chandler to a T.

Also from a defensive standpoint small forwards are often counted on using their athleticism and size as defensive advantages.

That also fits Chandler.

Chandler isn't strong enough to be a fulltime 4, and isn't a post player, plus that's Amar'es spot so this shouldn't even be an issue at all.

Chandler is really a wing player who can't consistently hit shots from the wings.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Chandler is a 3, although D'antoni wants him to be like Marion.
Normally a small forward is your most versatile player.

That fits Chandler to a T.

Also from a defensive standpoint small forwards are often counted on using their athleticism and size as defensive advantages.

That also fits Chandler.

Chandler isn't strong enough to be a fulltime 4, and isn't a post player, plus that's Amar'es spot so this shouldn't even be an issue at all.

Chandler is really a wing player who can't consistently hit shots from the wings.
Ok I dont care where Amare plays that has nothing to do with it. The guy is a 4 bottom line. He cant shoot, dribble that well and he had his best games last year at the 4. I dont care how athletic or versatile people keep yappn about his game isnt versatile I wish people would put that crap to bed. He cant start at the 2 or 3 because he just isnt good enough. You put him at the 4 the guy can go. That strength stuff is bogus IMHO. I never seen any evidence of him not being strong enough.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:27 AM   #9
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

i dont know what the talk about wilson being a 4 is about.. but it seems like hes been in the doghouse lately. hes been one of the knicks better/best players the last couple of years and can do a lot of things but everything ive heard about him in the offseason has been either him gettin traded (for not much) or him comin off the bench. i guess theyll play it off as a spark off the bench, but i wonder if him gettin arrested really got them thinking twice about him
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #10
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Well, I didn't see this coming at all.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:59 AM   #11
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Chandler is not a 4. And making him the Shawn Marion, that means D'Antoni must not remember how spectacular Marion was for him a couple of years ago. Wilson is one of my favorite player but he doesn't have the talent. Marion was an elite defender and one of the best rebounders.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Chandler played the 4 all throughout college.That being said,he's not a power forward.I hate to keep beating on this drum but what's holding us back is the fact that we keep holding on to Gallo's *******.So much to where we won't even dare move him to the 2.I don't get why Gallo can't play the 2 and Chandler play the 3.Gallo is a way better shooter and Chandler is way stronger and @ the 3 will be a way better rebounder.The ONLY argument one could make is that Gallo can't guard 2s but #1 theres no rule saying because you play the 2 on offense you have to on defense and #2 It isnt like Gallo is going to be shutting down anybody anyway. Look,the one thing positive that came from Randolph not playing up to his potential is that you dont have 3 guys who should be playing the wing and starting.Just as much as ppl wanna throw Chandler on the bench and say he can be a great 6th man,so can Randolph until he proves he deserves to be a permanent starter.I think Gallo and Chandler have done so thu far and it's unfair that either of them ride the pine when they are the only team who's suffered through most of the nicks woes.This would be my lineup

Mozgov
Amare
Chandler
Gallo
Felton

Randolph as 6th man
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #13
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Ok I dont care where Amare plays that has nothing to do with it. The guy is a 4 bottom line. He cant shoot, dribble that well and he had his best games last year at the 4. I dont care how athletic or versatile people keep yappn about his game isnt versatile I wish people would put that crap to bed. He cant start at the 2 or 3 because he just isnt good enough. You put him at the 4 the guy can go. That strength stuff is bogus IMHO. I never seen any evidence of him not being strong enough.

This.
D'Antoni doesn't want a SF that can't shoot.
And because at the 4 we already have Amar'e and Randolph, I think Chandler is trade bait.

2: Kaz/Douglas/Mason
3: Gallo/Fields/Walker
4: Amare/Randolph

I'm sorry for Wilson, I like him, but he isn't better than any other starter, and as a back-up he is limited by his characteristics.

He could start at 2 but you guys keep telling that Kaz is better...
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #14
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Chandler played the 4 all throughout college.That being said,he's not a power forward.I hate to keep beating on this drum but what's holding us back is the fact that we keep holding on to Gallo's *******.So much to where we won't even dare move him to the 2.I don't get why Gallo can't play the 2 and Chandler play the 3.Gallo is a way better shooter and Chandler is way stronger and @ the 3 will be a way better rebounder.The ONLY argument one could make is that Gallo can't guard 2s but #1 theres no rule saying because you play the 2 on offense you have to on defense and #2 It isnt like Gallo is going to be shutting down anybody anyway. Look,the one thing positive that came from Randolph not playing up to his potential is that you dont have 3 guys who should be playing the wing and starting.Just as much as ppl wanna throw Chandler on the bench and say he can be a great 6th man,so can Randolph until he proves he deserves to be a permanent starter.I think Gallo and Chandler have done so thu far and it's unfair that either of them ride the pine when they are the only team who's suffered through most of the nicks woes.This would be my lineup

Mozgov
Amare
Chandler
Gallo
Felton

Randolph as 6th man

I agree. Wilson is better than any wingman on the active roster right now besides possibly Gallinari. I like Gallo at the 2 and Wilson at the 3 but to switch positions on D.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #15
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
This.
D'Antoni doesn't want a SF that can't shoot.
And because at the 4 we already have Amar'e and Randolph, I think Chandler is trade bait.

2: Kaz/Douglas/Mason
3: Gallo/Fields/Walker
4: Amare/Randolph

I'm sorry for Wilson, I like him, but he isn't better than any other starter, and as a back-up he is limited by his characteristics.

He could start at 2 but you guys keep telling that Kaz is better...

So you bench trade bait?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: