Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #16
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Landry Fields to Start for Knicks....

Oh and yes, Wilson is the newest member of the "exclusive" Mike D'Antoni Doghouse Club.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #17
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's not like the latest years when we had no contention whatsoever so we could display stinky players, I guess Mike D wants to win as many games as possible, and while Chandler imo can start at the 2, I can also perfectly see the point in starting Fields instead.

Last edited by Jasi : 10-27-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Let me clarify this. Wilson is a 4. Its not he cant be a 4 because they have Randolph and Amare. Wilson is a 4 not only because of his lack of ability and talent at the 2 and 3 but he has the size and strength to be like a Millsap. Wilson has shown nothing that warrants him to play the 2 or 3. If you google his games last year when he had that great stretch toward the end of the season before the injury was at the 4. He isnt a starter at the moment because he hasnt shown enough confidence or ability to start at any position. Again I reiterate Wilson is a 4 and he would probably be a really good one even though he would be too short.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #19
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

I think playing Fields is a good idea. His game compliments Amare because he creates space for Amare. Also, we're going against Toronto, Field's skills will allow better ball movement and better decision making on the court. Its a good decision. I think AR is not ready yet and his abilities will be better served coming off the bench. I think that Knicks fans will not be disappointed in Fields game at all. Fields game reminds me of Paul Pierce, he doesn't blow you away with his athleticism, but he's highly effective....And lets be honest, most Knicks fans who have followed Mozgov's play knows he deserves the starting spot at least at this time. Finally, remember this is D'antoni, he will go through 5 or 6 different rotations throughout the next 3 months, so don't get caught up on who's starting. He focuses on mismatches from game to game and tries to expose weaknesses from team to team based on the team's line-ups. Not saying I agree with this strategy, but this is the coach that we have.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #20
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

I also like the line up because we have people who are able to rebound the ball better. Gallo, Amare, and Mozgov are 6'10 or taller, Fields is a willing rebounder and defender, so is Felton. We need to rebound better as a team. The bench, with Bill Walker, Randolph, Chandler, Douglas, Toriaf, Rautins, Mason Jr. can create havoc defensively and get into the open court a lot better. With the shooters we have, we can hopefully create bigger leads or sustain the leads we have established...I expect Amare to become an unleashed beast this season. My only concern with Fields is whether he can defend starting shooting guards, but at least he's a willing defender.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #21
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Haha didn't even look at it that way.

Our bench is better defensively than our starting 5.
Toney Douglas
Bill Walker
Wilson Chandler
Anthony Randolph
Ronny Turiaf
Old 10-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #22
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Let me clarify this. Wilson is a 4. Its not he cant be a 4 because they have Randolph and Amare. Wilson is a 4 not only because of his lack of ability and talent at the 2 and 3 but he has the size and strength to be like a Millsap. Wilson has shown nothing that warrants him to play the 2 or 3. If you google his games last year when he had that great stretch toward the end of the season before the injury was at the 4. He isnt a starter at the moment because he hasnt shown enough confidence or ability to start at any position. Again I reiterate Wilson is a 4 and he would probably be a really good one even though he would be too short.

So basically you are saying he should be a four because he can't play shooting guard or small forward. That's BS. Even though Wilson has bad handles his best asset besides defense is his ability to get to the rim. He needs to improve his left hand in order to become more effective in driving, he is limited to his right hand right now. He should also improve his jumper to get better driving lanes or to pull-up while driving, which he has worked on. You can see the improvement in those aspects. He can easily defend shooting guards and small forwards.

But when we are talking about physical power forwards, he's going to be in trouble. He's 6'8, 225 lbs. That's not big enough for a power forward. He has a couple of good looking post moves but is way more effective attacking the paint from the outside instead of posting up near the painted area.

His body is just made for the small forward position. Tall, strong and has great leaping ability. He runs the floor well, too. But all those aspects go away when playing the 4.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Ok I dont care where Amare plays that has nothing to do with it. The guy is a 4 bottom line. He cant shoot, dribble that well and he had his best games last year at the 4. I dont care how athletic or versatile people keep yappn about his game isnt versatile I wish people would put that crap to bed. He cant start at the 2 or 3 because he just isnt good enough. You put him at the 4 the guy can go. That strength stuff is bogus IMHO. I never seen any evidence of him not being strong enough.
I'm guessing you really aren't watching the team. Chandler is not a 4. Watch him just a little bit.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm gonna have to disagree wholeheartedly with you on this one Rameek. Chandler CAN play 4 but his natural position is a 3.1st off,when did he garner this rep for ot being able to handle the ball.He is a pretty good ball handler for a forward.N exactly how does someone who avg 15 ppg out of position not have skills?That is essentially saying that neither does Gallo because according to NBA.com Chandler avg more in ppg apg and rpg.So are we saying we need new wing players altogether?As for his confidence,don't you think that part of it has to do with the coach,GM,fans and media overlooking him and not giving him the respect he deserves despite having slightly better numbers than the kid everyone is in love with all while playing out of position. I agree that I wouldnt play him @ the 2 because he doesnt shoot well enough buthe is a perfect fit for a 3.He's the right height,right mass and everything.He's like a taller Corey Maggette
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #25
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You always come up with dry stats to imply that Chandler is better than the rooster... How many times did Chandler actually win us a game? I can't remember one.

Anyways it's no use debating so much about Wilson being a 2, a 3 or a 4 when we have a coach that doesn't play a "classical" basketball. He wants complete players at the wings, and if they lack something it shouldn't be shooting. That's why I think that Chandler, despite being a good player, isn't that great of a fit for the knicks.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rameek, Google isn't a source. Its a search engine.

Nba.com, espn, draftexpress.com are more reliable.

For most part he is listed g/f.

But more importantly, watch him play.

He is not of PF.

Last edited by knickscity : 10-27-2010 at 04:01 PM.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:40 AM   #27
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

D'Antoni is using Wilson as his sixth man to give him some sort of reliable scoring off the bench. He can create his own shot which we have otherwise lacked in our second unit. Bringing him off the bench as either a 2, 3 or 4 is what you can see D'Antoni envisions until Randolph and Kaz allow him more options when they are available. You will at some point see a lineup during the season of Randolph, STAT, Gallo, Will and Felton. Take out Will and insert Kaz and you might actually see that lineup starting a couple of games against some teams. Initially this makes sense based on how he used him in the first game tonight. If Fields gives you 8-10 points a night at 25 minutes per game for now, it's gravy. STAT, Gallo and Felton need to pick up the scoring in the first unit. Douglas, Mason and Walker will pick up the scoring at the two in the second unit. Wilson will get starters minutes; he just won't be in the actual starting lineup. It really allows him more scoring opportunities because at times he will be going against the other team's second unit.
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #28
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't like Chandler coming off the bench. I think it is disrespectful to him to play behind a rookie. Chandler is one of the Knicks' top 3 players, and deserves a starting spot. I don't believe in this "we need a spark" bullshit.

If the Knicks' season is coming down to us needing a "spark", then we have some big problems, and we might as well wait for next year.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #29
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

Let me pose this question:
Without Randolph and Kaz now, if Will starts and say he gets into foul trouble at the two while starting, what do we have on the bench that we can count on for points? For that matter, and again I am talking about right now since we are a bit short handed, what firepower do we have coming off the bench other than Toney Douglas? Right now, this may be what the coach deems necessary until we get to full strength. With the knee injury that Kaz had, he may not even regain full strength this year because it typically takes almost two years to fully recover from a knee injury like he suffered. As Kaz works his way back in basketball shape, Will may still come off the bench and Fields still start. Then even with Kaz ready to start, a decision will have to be made on if either Kaz or Will starts. Shit, the way Gallo has been playing, maybe Will needs to take his starting spot....
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:18 AM   #30
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am not completely oblivious to the reasons for him coming off the bench, but at the same time I have a problem with putting one of my best players on the bench, just for the sheer sake of his ego. The guy has the potential to be a 20 ppg scorer this year, and he gets put behind a second round pick who has never played 1 minute in the NBA?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: