Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #31
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Landry Fields to Start for Knicks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I am not completely oblivious to the reasons for him coming off the bench, but at the same time I have a problem with putting one of my best players on the bench, just for the sheer sake of his ego. The guy has the potential to be a 20 ppg scorer this year, and he gets put behind a second round pick who has never played 1 minute in the NBA?

Why is everyone getting bent out of shape on this?

Chandler is a 3. The majority of his minutes may have been at the 2, but he isn't one.

He has the capability to guard several spots though.

Even in his own interview, he doesn't give any impression that being the sixth man is a problem.

Plus just like yesterday, when foul trouble hits and it will, who did he replace.........Mozgov.

Chandler will get his 30 minutes of action a night.

It's not that big of a deal.

Plus Fields pretty a good game, shot 50%, and played decent defense.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:42 AM   #32
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

I believe if you weigh ego against what's best for the team right now, what's best for the team takes precedent. Will is going to eat and in an interview on Tuesday, he didn't seem to have a problem with it. In his own words, he stated that it is a big responsibility and it looks like he is relishing it.....
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #33
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It is obvious that Wilson can be a scoring spark, as opposed to Landry being "one that always makes the right thing".
Thus, Landry starting and Wilson coming off the bench = optimal solution.
Imo.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #34
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jasi are you serious? How many times did anyone win us a game last year. Not much obviously.We didn't make the playoffs.

Sarcastic hit the nail on the head.I don't see how my last comment got turned around into me hating on Gallinari.I think everyone who is a regular here knows how I feel about him.If you read my post,I clearly said I want HIM AND CHANDLER to start but Gallo play the 2 and Chandler play the 3.My point simply echoes that of Sarcastic's.It is disrespectful to play Chandler off the bench behind a rookie when Chandler has produced.Just like it was disrespectful to play Marbury behind Duhon.Nothing these guys have done warrants them playing behind their replacement.

btw who was our leading scorer last night?

Last edited by franchize : 10-28-2010 at 08:59 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #35
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know you would start both, but everyone here knows also that you think Wilson is better (or, produces more) than Gallo, no? (or did I get it wrong? )

I just say that if we look beyond statistics, Gallo has had more incisive plays and generally displays the capability to be more decisive than him.

But this is not a Chandler vs Gallo thread, so back to the OP, I think that Chandler can score (being athletic and having a nice mid-range jumper) and can defend, and of course he is better than Fields, but I think he's a better fit when coming off the bench.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #36
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Franchize I hear you but I don't agree.

Chandler is gonna be used MORE AS THE SIXTH MAN.

When Mozgov got 2 quick fouls, Chandler came in during the free throws.

Chandler has even said he relishes this chance to perform.

Comparing this Marbury-Duhon is bad.

D'antoni is gonna play Chandler unlike Marbury.

Plus Marbury was an all star, Chandler is talented ROLE PLAYER.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #37
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont have a problem with Chandler coming off the bench just as long as hes able to play and be productive. Im a firm believer that he will & should be a part of our core in the future after we get Melo, and if we get Paul.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #38
Qu33nz Knick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Qu33nz Knick has an OK reputation so far

I give props to D'Antoni for making that move Fields had a splendid game in the first start of his young career, Wil provided great play off the bench with timely shots and good defense on Bargnani in the second half. It all worked into play the way coach intended it to I believe. We walked away with a W and that's what counts.

IMO it doesn't matter that Chandler is coming off the bench he finishes out the game and he still gets you what you expect from him. I'm not comparing Wil to Manu Ginobili but Manu has come off the bench for pretty much his entire career(even led the team in scoring)for the likes of 37 yr old Mike Finley and even Roger Mason, does that make either one of them better? NO, just makes the Spurs a tougher team to stop once the starters come out of the game for both teams.
Qu33nz Knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #39
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea I do like Chandler better than Gallo...whats your point?And to praise Gallinari becuz he hits bigger shots or plays well in significant portions of a game seems ridiculous to me.We stunk last year so the few game winners are pretty insignificant.Besides,will D'Antoni ever give the ball to Wilson or even run plays for him when the game is on the line EVER...NO!Furthermore, It's liek the criticism of LeBitch back in the day that he couldnt hit game winning shots.Well guess what,his team,who was far less deep than other teams in their class,achieved the best record on multiple occassions.If you put in work to win games in the 1st 47 minutes of a game to take control of a game then you dont always have to rely on a guy being tremendously clutch.N we also has to ask ourselves is Gallinari good in those situations or great?

As for my last post,i wasnt tryna compare marbury n chandler's game.I was just saying that both have proven significantly more than their replacements.I can see if Fields was a 1st rounder and we felt obligated to play him to prove we made the right choice but just a few weeks ago,we were talking about sending him and Rautins to the D-League.I don't think anyone woulda been appalled if we did so either.Not saying he deserves that

Last edited by franchize : 10-28-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #40
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I'm just wondering, what would everybody be saying if the Knicks had LOST the game.

Damn guys, come on.

Fields played well in his start.

And Chandler played very well in his role.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #41
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

It would be worse.PPL would have been saying Chandler did his damn thing and we lost because we didnt start him.You know everyone is a hindsight genious.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #42
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Anybody watching the game.

Fields have a nice game again, and Chandler is still doing this thing off the bench.

We getting killed on the boards though.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #43
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Anybody watching the game.

Fields have a nice game again, and Chandler is still doing this thing off the bench.

We getting killed on the boards though.

I am watching. Gallinari is killing us. He needs to step up and be a good second option, not just a guy looking to take 3s all game. If he is not hitting from outside, he needs to start driving and getting points inside.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #44
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

Is Gallo hurt? He keeps playing like shit, when Randolph comes back, he may be seeing more bench time than game time.....
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #45
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I am watching. Gallinari is killing us. He needs to step up and be a good second option, not just a guy looking to take 3s all game. If he is not hitting from outside, he needs to start driving and getting points inside.
Pretty much, so right now he gets to sit on the bench.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: