Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
Darkbright2
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Darkbright2 has an OK reputation so far
Default How to make trades in points only league?

Hey guys a lot of posts I see here are about category/rotisserie leagues and I don't really see ones that are about leagues that are just based on the culmination of all the categories like the ESPN default league.

Anyway, how can I propose trades that actually are beneficial to both teams? I mean at this point if you're trying to trade player A for player B, you can just compare who gets the most points overall and decide what to do from there.. I'm just failing to see the strategy that can go into this post-draft (1st year fantasy player here)
Darkbright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: How to make trades in points only league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbright2
Hey guys a lot of posts I see here are about category/rotisserie leagues and I don't really see ones that are about leagues that are just based on the culmination of all the categories like the ESPN default league.

Anyway, how can I propose trades that actually are beneficial to both teams? I mean at this point if you're trying to trade player A for player B, you can just compare who gets the most points overall and decide what to do from there.. I'm just failing to see the strategy that can go into this post-draft (1st year fantasy player here)

It's all about need. While in these formats it is much easier to compare a players worth, it still comes down to team needs. Now a lot depends on the amount of teams, amount of players per team, and amount of people you start per day. If it is a league where you start 12 people every night and 3 positions are Utility than you're probably not going to make any good trades. If the leage only has say 5 starters per night and one has to be at each position than you have to trade based on what the other team needs for positions.

Example: On my team last year (league where you start 5 players each night) in my frontcourt I had Antwain Jamison, Kevin Love, David Lee, Marcus Camby, and Brendan Haywood. Best case scenerio I could only start 3 of these 5 guys a night. My team was kind of week at backup pg and starting sg so I traded David Lee who averaged 50 fantasy points per game for Tyreke Evans who only averaged 45 fantast points per game. I took a small hit in points but it was a position I needed so it helped me overall.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: