Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default What kind of injury is this?

last Thursday I was playing ball against this big fat oaf who got fed up with my quick speed and decided to knee me in the thigh.

I faked him right then went left and as I lifted my left leg, and I was about to take off my right leg for the left handed layup, he jams his knee into my right thigh full on in the middle of my quadriceps.

i fell to the ground shaken up and felt a weird stirring in my leg. my friends got in the guy's face.

the pain was substantial at first... but since I could still walk, I played on it but the first thing I noticed was I could not run full court at my usual top speed and I had a slight limp.

but since last week, the pain has been substantial. there is no visible sign of a bruise, and walking lightly is fine (strenuously leads to tremendous pain in the injured area and sends strange tingling sensations down my knee) and I cannot extend my legs out 180 degrees while sitting down without experience pain in that area.

any idea what this is?

a severe strain of some kind?

btw I've not seen a doctor yet because though the pain is quite bad, I can still walk and it has not been debilitating so far.

Last edited by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork : 05-02-2007 at 03:21 PM.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What kind of injury is this?

Sounds exactly like what Jermaine Oneal did to shaq before the 05 playoffs. They just called it a deep thigh bruise or something like that.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

yeah sounds like the same injury joe johnson had.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i had that EXACT injury about 2 months ago and got it the same way lol... i also kept playing on it but once i sat down it froze up and i couldnt even walk. i couldnt walk the net day either, and it bothered me for almost an whole month. my advice would be to stretch it and put a heating pad on it, thats what i did.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Charlie horse?
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Charlie horse?

my hamstring is fine, it's the quadriceps.

im reading up on it and since there is no bruising in that area, I think its just a muscle tear.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #7
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you should kick that guys ass
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this board

What rez said.

Maybe you tore a muscle ?
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #9
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

nah it didnt tore

just a bad bruise.. it'll be fine
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #10
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Wont be a tear from a knock. Sounds like a deep thigh bruise and maybe tissue brusing. Any kind of knock again like this you should never play on, try and walk around to keep it warm and get ice on it as soon as posible. I would have a week from intense play and ice it every night and make sure you warm up good before next game
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #11
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
my hamstring is fine, it's the quadriceps.

im reading up on it and since there is no bruising in that area, I think its just a muscle tear.
i dont think its a tear, i have had these numerous times, its a muscle contusion it will be 100% in 5-7 days.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 AM   #12
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

now you learned your lesson... don't ever take it in on a big fat oaf, he will only try to hack you because of his inability to block or lock you down. Just shoot jumpers like me.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:22 AM   #13
Ri3tN
I brick open layups

Ri3tN has an OK reputation so far

got a dead leg? i got one of those by the same thing you just described. took me a week till it felt better.
Ri3tN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: