Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default the sounds of nature

I encourage everyone to take a little bit of time each week, and escape the constant madness that is everyday life and go out and enjoy nature. Seriously, there are few things better in life than walking in complete silence, and listening to the birds singing, the brooks babbling, the beez buzzing, etc.

After walking for awhile, I sat down on a rock by the lake and just closed my eyes. Forgot about future career stuff, girls, basketball, etc and thought about absolutely nothing at all. Seriously, there is so much NOISE in our everyday lives, and while we all here love basketball (for example) sometimes, we need to get away from it all. To anyone who attends a university, what do 90 percent of students do the MOMENT they leave a class? pop open their cell phones, power up their laptops, or turn on their ipods. Its like people are AFRAID of silence, afraid of not being connected. There is a time and place for all these things, but they shouldn't consume our every waking second.

Sometimes, we just need to feel what it's like to be ALIVE, and mother nature can do that. I was in a bit of a funk today, and going to the local hiking trail cured all that ailed me. Didn't even bring my phone. No music, no noise, no nothing. Try it out sometime
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: the sounds of nature

i go boating a few times a month.

the sea air off the Long island sound... the waves the surf....
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I encourage everyone to take a little bit of time each week, and escape the constant madness that is everyday life and go out and enjoy nature. Seriously, there are few things better in life than walking in complete silence, and listening to the birds singing, the brooks babbling, the beez buzzing, etc.

After walking for awhile, I sat down on a rock by the lake and just closed my eyes. Forgot about future career stuff, girls, basketball, etc and thought about absolutely nothing at all. Seriously, there is so much NOISE in our everyday lives, and while we all here love basketball (for example) sometimes, we need to get away from it all. To anyone who attends a university, what do 90 percent of students do the MOMENT they leave a class? pop open their cell phones, power up their laptops, or turn on their ipods. Its like people are AFRAID of silence, afraid of not being connected. There is a time and place for all these things, but they shouldn't consume our every waking second.

Sometimes, we just need to feel what it's like to be ALIVE, and mother nature can do that. I was in a bit of a funk today, and going to the local hiking trail cured all that ailed me. Didn't even bring my phone. No music, no noise, no nothing. Try it out sometime

Dood. You are so right and i have done that a couple times and i just soak it in. Some people think its just completely stupid but its because they lack maturity.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

I'm listening to them right now as I type
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #5
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man, if you lived where I lived and somebody walked up on you while you were cuddled on a rock, you'd probally get robbed. Sounds nice though.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #6
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

btw is it possible to think about absolutely nothing?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #7
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
btw is it possible to think about absolutely nothing?

No because then you would be thinking about nothing :
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: