Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #16
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?u

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay_24
I had the honor of staying in East Saint Louis a couple of times
I remember walking to the liquor store and saw a group(about 7-8) of hookers (all around 14-17) walking threw alleys and looking for cusomers. When I finally got to the store it was about 4 drunks of the corner, a crackhead In the middle of the stree and another group of people across the street. Around the corner is a block of old dirty houses that had people sitting on the porch and barking at anything that walks by. smh
Where you lost? What were you doing in the hood? Every city has parts of town just like that. If you have no business in the hood then dont go.
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #17
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
Where you lost? What were you doing in the hood? Every city in the USA has parts of town just like that. If you have no business in the hood then dont go.

Fixed.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #18
zay_24
Local High School Star

zay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
Where you lost? What were you doing in the hood? Every city has parts of town just like that. If you have no business in the hood then dont go.
Nope I wasn't. The city is just terrible.
To give you an idea their murder rate was 101.7, While detroits was in the 40s. Terrible city
zay_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #19
golddigger31
Decent playground baller

golddigger31 has decent reputationgolddigger31 has decent reputation
Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?

Budapest, Hungary

It hasn't been re-built very much from the war time damage, there is still a bunch of industrial companies and mines that are abandoned.
golddigger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #20
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The worst city I've ever been to is Allegan, Michigan. I used to date someone who lived in Holland, MI (along the coast of Lake Michigan) and Allegan just happened to be the halfway point between my home and Holland. As such, I was driving past Allegan all the time, and the city itself sits on a beautiful riverfront. There's a boardwalk, fountain, classy looking, small-time buildings. It appeared to have a certain charm about it.

So, one day, my girl and I decided to meet in Allegan for once. It was mid-afternoon on a weekday. The city was nearly vacant. Every other store was an antique shop and absolutely nothing was open. A tumbleweed truly and carefully whisped its way across the street. Two eateries remained open: a saloon and Pizza Hut, so we tried the saloon. We took two steps in, saw one man at the bar in a cowboy had and boots, then took two reverse steps right back out.

Out of options, we settled on Pizza Hut and spent the rest of the night selecting our favorite LFO and Billy Joel songs from their jukebox. Allegan is the most dissapointing city of all-time. Also, it's the meth capital of Michigan. So I guess a city can only dissapoint you so much with a moniker like that.

Nice, quaint little town? Nope.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 10-28-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #21
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well considering i'm from the city that has consistently been in the bottom 10 for fattest, poorest, most dangerous, most polluted, dumbest and most miserable, most places I've been have impressed me
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #22
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

One Word "Baltimore"
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #23
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ankara .. cause european people smells bad

(ohh sorry i thought i was Danny Granger for moments)
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #24
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Krotz Springs, LA. If you ain't into huntin' and farmin', then ya just don't belong there.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #25
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not sure about worst city... but the worst areas I've ever found myself in were East Oakland and Puerta Vallarta.

I had a friend who went to a music school in Oakland, and the area he lived in was straight up scary. When I wanted to go to the store, I actually drove about 15 minutes to another area, because I didn't want to get out of my car at the local spots.

In Puerta Vallarta I took a cab with a one-armed Mexican to the ghettos to hook up some coke (talk about drunk and stupid). We drove about 10 minutes into the city, and I would simply describe the area as 3rd world. People living in concrete holes in the wall, and streets that looked like a warzone.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #26
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Omaha Nebraska is as boring as hell...
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #27
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't really have a definitive worst city that I've been to. My favorite city outside of Pittsburgh that I've been to is probably Chicago or Pheonix. I really loved the whole state of Arizona.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #28
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Live in Beaumont Texas, then get back to me...
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #29
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Probably Buffalo.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #30
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Ankara .. cause european people smells bad

(ohh sorry i thought i was Danny Granger for moments)
Funniest part about that to me is Turkey technically isn't really Europe. At least excluding Istanbul.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: