Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 10-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #16
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ISH Top 25

1.Duke
2.Michigan State
3.Ohio State
4. Kansas
5. Syracuse
6. Kansas State
7.PITT
8.North Carolina
9.Florida
10.Villanova
11.Kentucky
12.Illinois
13.Missouri
14.Purdue
15.Gonzaga
16.Baylor
17.Butler
18.Washington
19.Georgetown
20. VA Tech
21.Temple
22.Tennessee
23.Memphis
24.BYU
25. Vanderbilt
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:09 AM   #17
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why did Austin Rivers have to go to Duke?
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:50 AM   #18
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This year i'll follow NCAA more often .. if i could i would help you guys.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #19
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Game, are we going to be compiling a consensus ISH ranking? Anyways, here is my top 25:

1. Duke
2. Michigan State
3. Syracuse
4. Kansas
5. Villanova
6. Kansas State
7. Pittsburgh
8. North Carolina
9. Illinois
10. Kentucky
11. Butler
12. Purdue
13. Florida
14. Baylor
15. Georgetown
16. Memphis
17. Tennessee
18. Missouri
19. Virginia Tech
20. Washington
21. Wisconsin
22. Temple
23. Texas
24. West Virginia
25. Georgia

Last edited by UConnCeltics : 11-03-2010 at 05:37 PM.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #20
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Game, are we going to be compiling a consensus ISH ranking?
Yeah, that's the goal.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #21
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, as of right now this is the consensus ISH ranking:

1.Duke
2.Michigan State
3.Kansas
4.Pitt
5.Kansas State
6.Syracuse
7.Villanova
8.Ohio State
9.Florida
10.Illinois
11.North Carolina
12.Baylor
13.Kentucky
14.Mizzou
15.Gonzaga
16.Purdue
17.Butler
18.Washington
19.Tennessee
20.Georgetown
21.Temple
22.Memphis
23.Virginia Tech
24.BYU
25.Wisconsin

Georgia, Minnesota, Texas, West Virginia, and Vanderbilt were left off.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #22
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have Memphis ranked higher than you guys but maybe it's homer-ism anyways here's mine
1 Duke
2 Michigan State
3 Pittsburgh
4 Kansas
5 Ohio State
6 Syracuse
7 Florida
8 Villanueva
9 Baylor
10 North Carolina
11 Gonzaga
12. Illinois-I feel like this one deserved some explanation. I'm just not quite sold on them yet. Lots of talent. And I'm pretty sure they'll play better than this
13 Tennessee
14. Memphis-I just see there's a talent, but they're all young and they have to put it together. Personally I expect them to jump up and down the poll all season long
15 Missouri
16. Purdue-losing Hummel hurts alot, but they're still good enough to get a lot of big ten wins
17 Butler
18. Kentucky
19. Washington. They'll miss poindexter, but Isiah can play.
20 Georgetown
21 Virginia Tech-got their core returning, plus it's about time for the Tourney, I thought they'd make it last year
22 Temple
23 BYU
24 Wisconsin-Can never doubt the Badgers
25 I'll go with Texas

Just missed Georgia, Vandy, and Minnesota.

Last edited by Rose : 11-06-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #23
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know I said I'd hold off, but what the hell. Outside of the top 10-15 or so, though, it's just me basically typing schools down for now. I'm not big on preseason polls in any college sport, but especially basketball. It's a long season, and most teams are just a shell right now of what they'll be by February and March.

No blurb or thoughts this time. Not until I actually get to watch some of these teams play some games.

1. Duke
2. Michigan State
3. Ohio State
4. Pitt
5. Kansas State
6. Kansas
7. Baylor
8. Villanova
9. Florida
10. Syracuse
11. Missouri
12. Illinois
13. Kentucky
14. Gonzaga
15. Purdue
16. Washington
17. North Caroilna
18. Tennessee
19. Baylor
20. Georgetown
21. Butler
22. Georgia
23. Virginia Tech
24. Temple
25. Wisconsin
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #24
Roy Munson
The Rubberman

Roy Munson has decent reputationRoy Munson has decent reputation

1. Duke- I went back and forth between them and my number 2, but they're the champs.
2. Michigan St.
3. Kansas St.
4. Pittsburgh
5. Ohio St.
6. Syracuse
7. Villanova
8. Florida
9. Gonzaga
10. North Carolina
11. Memphis- I may be overrating them a bit, but I just really like their team this year.
12. Butler
13. Mizzou
14. Kansas- I'm not that high on them this year. Morris is a good player but he got a lot of help from Aldrich and Collins that won't be there this year.
15. Kentucky
16. Tennessee
17. Purdue
18. Baylor- Cautiously putting them here without knowing the Dunn situation.
19. Illinois
20. Washington
21. Temple
22. Georgia
23. San Diego St.
24. Minnesota
25. Wisconsin

Last five: BYU, West Virginia, Geogetown, Virginia Tech, Murray St.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #25
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I have Memphis ranked higher than you guys but maybe it's homer-ism anyways here's mine
1 Duke
2 Michigan State
3 Pittsburgh
4 Kansas
5 Ohio State
6 Syracuse
7 Illinois
8 Florida
9 Villanueva
10 Baylor
11 North Carolina
12 Gonzaga
13. Illinois-I feel like this one deserved some explanation. I'm just not quite sold on them yet. Lots of talent. And I'm pretty sure they'll play better than this
14 Tennessee
15. Memphis-I just see there's a talent, but they're all young and they have to put it together. Personally I expect them to jump up and down the poll all season long
16 Missouri
17. Purdue-losing Hummel hurts alot, but they're still good enough to get a lot of big ten wins
18. Kentucky
19. Washington. They'll miss poindexter, but Isiah can play.
20 Georgetown
21 Virginia Tech-got their core returning, plus it's about time for the Tourney, I thought they'd make it last year
22 Temple
23 BYU
24 Wisconsin-Can never doubt the Badgers
25 I'll go with Texas

Just missed Georgia, Vandy, and Minnesota.
You ranked Illinois twice.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #26
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
You ranked Illinois twice.
Lmao woops. Good catch.

and fixed.

Last edited by Rose : 11-06-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #27
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Geezus, Ohio State has shooters for days.

Doing my preview now btw.

Up now.

Last edited by HisJoeness : 11-09-2010 at 01:20 AM.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #28
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

1. Duke - Defending Nat'l champs. Return Singler and Smith. Add Kyrie Irving (the top Freshman in the class) and Curry (a high scoring transfer) and you have possibly the best and deepest back court in the nation, looks like they will be able to match any style you can throw at them. The prohibitive favorite to win the title.

2. Michigan State - They could be even better than last year's Final 4 team if Kalin Lucas can stay healthy and Draymon Green develops.

Editor's Note: Fuck Korie Lucious

3. Pittsburgh - Pitt has always been always a rugged, well-coached outfit under Dixon and that won't change this year. They look to the best of a somewhat unknown Big East this year.

4. Kansas State - Jacob Pullen is the heart of this team but they have some pretty good complementary parts in DC natives Wally Judge and Jamar Samuels. Curtis Kelly is a glue guy in the mold of former UCONN F Jeff Adrien. The front court is athletic and deep. The only question is who will play the point.

5. Ohio State - I'm not sure about them in this spot but I'm less sold on teams like Kansas, Villanova, Baylor who have more unknowns than them. Thad returns three lights out shooters in Buford, Lighty, and Diebler. With Lighty most likely stepping into Evan Turner's role as main ball handler/distributor. Add in Dallas Lauderdale a big who understands his role and top freshman Jared Sullinger, Ohio State and you have the makings of a team that can do damage come March.

6. Kansas - This team will be pretty interesting to watch. Even without freshman guard Josh Selby. If Selby isn't able to play early, this team will rely on the Morris twins and Tyshawn Taylor.

7. Villanova - Corey Fisher is the new guard that Villanova will lean on to do a little bit of everything for them on the court. Will he be up to the task? The guards will always be the story at Villanova but their bigs (Yarou, Pena, and Fr. Pinkston) will make the Wildcats a deep team and a legit Nat'l title contender.

8. Missouri - This is my one of my picks for the Final 4. Kim English can be explosive when he wants it and he leads an interesting mix of players experienced or otherwise.

9. Illinois - The Illini return all their starters and add the 3 best HS players in the state. Dmitri McCamey is as solid as they come at the point. Jereme Richmond will be fun to watch.

10. Baylor - Not really sure about them w/o Lace Dunn. This is probably still to high of a ranking.

11. Florida - A solid squad last year and add newcomer F Patric Young and you have the makings of an interesting squad. My pick to win a crowded SEC East.

12. Syracuse - A lot of people are talking about Fab Melo but I think Dion Waiters will make more of an impact. He can do it all offensively and I think he will find his into the rotation if the not the starting line up.

13. Gonzaga - Elias Harris is truly a do-it-all player. Stephen Gray can shoot the lights out. The only question is PG. A dark horse in the NCAA's as always.

14. Washington - G Isaiah Thomas leads a deep, explosive back court group. Another dark horse Final 4 contender.

Editor's Note: Fuck Terrence Ross.

15. Kentucky - Enes Kanter really swings the pendulum for the Cats. If he can play he'll help make them a Top 10 team, if not they'll be solid but may not make much noise come March.

16. Purdue - The loss of Hummel stings. They're an otherwise solid squad but no other team may have meant his as much to his team's fortunes.

17. BYU - They have Jimmer Fredette. That'll be good enough in the MWC.

18. Wisconsin - You can never count out Bo Ryan, so I won't. Jon Leuer and Keaton Nankovil form a solid front court and expect G-F Ryan Evans to take a step forward.

19. Tennessee - Scotty Hopson and Tobias Harris are really explosive, multi-faceted players. Too bad their coach the scummiest of scum.

20. Temple - This is a really good team. They can lock down anyone's offense. They're tough, they bruise you. Lavoy Allen is banger with a little skill. Juan Fernandez will key the offense.

21. Butler - Shelvin Mack and Matt Howard are players but Gordon Hayward would've taken this team to another dimension. Still good enough to take the the Horizon though. Who knows if they can do damage come March?

22. Georgia - Trey Thompkins and Travis Leslie makes this team a must watch whenever they're on TV. They happen to lead a really solid squad though. They have legit chance to win the SEC.

23. Vanderbilt - The best players, G John Jenkins and F Jeffrey Taylor, are young. Really good but young. I'm not completely sold on how good they'll be yet. They the potential to do some good things in the future.

24. Richmond - G Justin Anderson makes the team go. Justin Harper is a solid big. Losing Gonzalvez will hurt.

25. San Diego State - Overall a young team that returns all five of their starters led by Kawhi Leonard. Will fight with BYU for the conference title.

Last edited by HisJoeness : 11-08-2010 at 05:40 PM.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #29
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
Yes. Can't say that I'll have Tennessee at 23 though. A returning Elite 8 team with most of their starters has to be in the Top 15 imho.

Lol, they should also beat a DII team.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:38 AM   #30
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Lol, they should also beat a DII team.
D'oh! and the season is off with a bang
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: