Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Tought Prospects

So I was thinking about guys in college who might make it to the next level and there are certain guys that I can't really figure out, it's tough to place their potential.

I wanted to get your thoughts on these guys and maybe more that you guys can think of. I'll start with QB's cause as a fan of a team that may draft one I've been keeping an eye on them:

Cam Newton- The most interesting prospect to me in all of football. As an athlete he seems to be at a very high class. But what is he going to play at the next level? QB? RB? WR? Maybe even TE? CB? Great vision, very long strides, I think he most likely ends up a WR but still...

Also in the what will he end up playing category- Terrel Pryor. Now as I understand it he'll go back for his senior year. Which might mean he's looking to grow into a QB that can take the reigns of a team in the NFL but questions about his mentality seem to have arisen. Can't say I know much about it but from I hear he too is likely to end up a WR.

Jacory Harris- He also has time to grow but his consistency is firghtful. Makes a lot of bad plays, makes odd decisions. A very cool costumer, sometimes in the pocket way too long, and he seems to have some physical tools. He has this strange ability to hit a WR between the CB and Safety though. Would be a huge project at QB, his fundamentals are horrid at time.

Colin Kaepernick- Prototype QB look. A good amount of speed. And a good QB at Nevada. I think we all know he'll be drafted as a QB. The question is can he be a starter in the NFL? He has a bad release, and tends towards horrible mechanics at times but he is very athletic, and maybe with work could fix those.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:33 AM   #2
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Tought Prospects

Cam Newton appears to definetly have a future in the NFL. Not only is he a good runner, but a very efficient passer as well which will help. Pryor isn't quite as good but he would also have a good shot of getting a chance in the NFL.

Not really sold on Jacory Harris..He has thrown 14 TD's but 10 INTs...

Another guy that could fly under the radar is Mike Hartline at Kentucky. 17 TD's and just 4 INT's?! 150 QB Rating..
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:53 AM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Eric Barkley is the best college QB right now, as far as pro prospects are concerned.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:08 AM   #4
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Eric Barkley is the best college QB right now, as far as pro prospects are concerned.

Over Luck and Locker?

I'll have to give him a look.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:25 AM   #5
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Over Luck and Locker?

I'll have to give him a look.

Can someone tell me what exactly is so good abuot Locker?
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:01 AM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do you mean Matt Barkley? Beacause I've never heard of Eric Barkley.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:39 AM   #7
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tought Prospects ?

-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:47 AM   #8
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

QB:
1. Jake Locker, Washington
2. Andrew Luck, Stanford, So.
3. Ryan Mallett, Arkansas, Jr.
4. Christian Ponder, Florida St.
5. Blaine Gabbert, Missouri, Jr.
6. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada
7. Pat Devlin, Delaware
8. Andy Dalton, TCU
9. Jerrod Johnson, Texas AM
10. Tyrod Taylor, Virginia Tech

RB:
1. Mark Ingram, Alabama, Jr.
2. Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech, Jr.
3. Daniel Thomas, Kansas St.
4. Demarco Murray, Oklahoma
5. Allen Bradford, USC
6. LaMichael James, Oregon, Jr.
7. Noel Devine, West Virginia
8. John Clay, Wisconsin, Jr.
9. Jacquizz Rogers, Oregon St, Jr.
10. Shane Vereen, California, Jr.

WR:
1. AJ Green, Georgia, Jr.
2. Julio Jones, Alabama, Jr.
3. Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma, Jr.
4. Jonathan Baldwin, Pitt, Jr.
5. Michael Floyd, Notre Dame, Jr.
6. Ronald Johnson, USC
7. Niles Paul, Nebraska
8. Jerrel Jernigan, Troy
9. Greg Little, North Carolina
10. Leonard Hankerson, Miami

OVERALL:
1. Jake Locker, QB, Washington
2. Patrick Person, CB, LSU
3. Andrew Luck, Stanford
4. Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
5. Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
6. Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
7. Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
8. AJ Green, WR, Georgia
9. Cameron Heyward, DL, Ohio St.
10. Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
11. Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
12. Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
13. Allen Bailey, DL, Miami
14. Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida
15. Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
16. Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
17. Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
18. Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina
19. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
20. Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon St.
21. Rodney Hudson, OL, Florida St.
22. Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt
23. Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
24. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
25. Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
26. Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
27. Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
28. Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
29. Shareece Wright, CB, USC
30. Demarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
31. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
32. Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska
33. Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
34. Ryan Williams, RB,Virginia Tech
35. Greg Jones, LB, Michigan St.
36. Travis Lewis, LB, Oklahoma
37. Jeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma
38. Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina
39. Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
40. Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
41. Mark Barron, S, Alabama
42. Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
43. Mike Pouncey, OL, Florida
44. Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas St.
45. Ronald Johnson, WR, USC
46. Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St.
47. Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
48. Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama
49. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
50. Von Miller, LB, Texas AM

from FF
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:05 AM   #9
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

Ingram is a great RB prospect but he's clocked a lot of miles in college, would that be a worry for some teams?

I can't see Mallett doing very well in a pro style offense..

That's a great group of WR's coming out..I like Green & Broyles the best though.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Can someone tell me what exactly is so good abuot Locker?

He's got tons of natural skill and upside. He can do anything you want on the football field.

He's just really raw.

Really no different from Cam Newton, physically.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #11
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
Ingram is a great RB prospect but he's clocked a lot of miles in college, would that be a worry for some teams?

I can't see Mallett doing very well in a pro style offense..

That's a great group of WR's coming out..I like Green & Broyles the best though.

He's got a huge arm and can put passes in tight windows which NFL scouts love. He can make every throw imaginable. However, there are still concerns about his ability to remain poised under pressure and now some question marks about his durability.

I've watched every Arkansas game the last two years, and the has drives where he completes a couple of passes that not even starting QB's in the NFL can make.

Last edited by KG215 : 10-29-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Do you mean Matt Barkley? Beacause I've never heard of Eric Barkley.

He played basketball for St. John's.

Locker has size, can run, and has potential. Coaches think they could mold him into an ideal NFL QB, but he's pretty raw right now.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #13
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
He played basketball for St. John's.

Locker has size, can run, and has potential. Coaches think they could mold him into an ideal NFL QB, but he's pretty raw right now.

I've heard of that Eric Barkley. Still not sure what he has to do with this thread, though?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #14
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I've heard of that Eric Barkley. Still not sure what he has to do with this thread, though?
Lol...It clearly was a mistake. Sarcastic would of been talking about Matt Barkley (USC)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: