Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-29-2010, 07:12 AM   #1
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default A Carmelo Anthony trade thought

Mock trade between Knicks, New Orleans, and Denver

I honestly believe that for Carmelo Anthony to leave Denver and end up in New York a third team seeking low financial risk with high to moderate potential reward players back will have to be included. I've used New Orleans as an example of what I think an Anthony trade to the Knicks will look like.

Now keep in mind that I have intentionally not included draft picks. I think everyone can agree that if and when Anthony is traded picks will be included. That said, contracts matching and getting reasonable talent returns are more important right now.

In this mock transaction, the Knicks give up Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, and Eddy Curry to get Anthony. Their post trade depth chart:

Raymond Felton - Toney Douglas
Landry Fields - Roger Mason Jr. - Andy Rautins - Kelenna Azubuike (IR)
Anthony - Bill Walker - Shawne Williams
Amar'e Stoudemire
Timofey Mozgov - Ronny Turiaf

Not a championship contender but certainly a step in the right direction. Should leave just enough salary cap room for the Knicks to make a run at Tony Parker or Marc Gasol if they see fit.

Denver says goodbye to Carmelo Anthony and welcomes Randoplh and Gallinari from New York plus Peja Stojakovic from New Orleans. The post trade Nuggets:

Chauncey Billups - Ty Lawson - Anthony Carter
Arron Afflalo - J.R. Smith - Gary Forbes
Gallinari - Stojakovic - Renaldo Balkman
Kenyon Martin - Al Harrington - Randolph - Shelden Williams
Nenê - Chris Andersen - Melvin Ely

Not as impressive but still a playoff team more than likely. Denver should also like that Gallinari and Randolph (to some people) both have mega potential but have a moderate deals that pay them each less $5 million per season for three seasons; while Stojakovic is an expiring contract which opens the team to be a major player in free agency when figured in with the expiring deals and player/team options already on the team.

New Orleans uses Stojakovic expiring deal to get the expring deal of Curry, and a young quality but relatively cheap player in Chandler. The new look Hornets:

Chris Paul - Jerryd Bayless
Marcus Thornton - Marco Belinelli - Willie Green - Quincy Pondexter
Trevor Ariza - Chandler - Joe Alexander
David West - Jason Smith - Pops Mensah-Bonsu
Emeka Okafor - Curry - Aaron Gray - Didier Ilunga-Mbenga

Not spectacular but nice additions for Hornets. Deal could be a great one for Hornets if they can get Curry to resemble his 2006-2007 form. If Curry doesn't then they let his deal expire, if he does they look for a sign and trade partner. Chandler gives them a quality backup at both SG and SF that can be re-signed to a reasonable deal in the summer of 2012.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A Carmelo Anthony trade thought

I really want Carmelo, don't get me wrong. And I'm not against trading our young players for him. But that bench looks awefully thin after the trade.

Douglas, Mason, Walker, Rautins, Turiaf, Azubuike and Williams. That's only one true big man on the bench. If Azubuike is healthy this would improve. If Landry plays well as a starter we'd have a legit 6th man.

I'd rather keep either Chandler or Gallinari, since they are more ready to play for a winning team. And give up someone else, I have no idea who tho.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

But still, Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire on the same court. They would be punishing people, two bullies in the paint. And a capable starting point guard who will only improve as he will learn the system.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And even better,with Melo AND Amare on the same team,Chris Paul will almost surely come following after!!! If not him than DWill or Tony Parker. Some bigtime player will want to be here!!! Guaranteed!!!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You want us to give up Gallinari AND Chandler AND Randolph for Carmelo only? I wouldn't give up all 3 unless we getting something else as well. You have 3 guys there who can be 20 point scorers in the league. I would give up 2 at most, but not all 3. It just depletes us too much, and defeats the purpose of getting Melo. We can't compete if we give up that much.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
You want us to give up Gallinari AND Chandler AND Randolph for Carmelo only? I wouldn't give up all 3 unless we getting something else as well. You have 3 guys there who can be 20 point scorers in the league. I would give up 2 at most, but not all 3. It just depletes us too much, and defeats the purpose of getting Melo. We can't compete if we give up that much.

You are being sarcastic i hope (no pun, yeah it is).

Melo is worth more than anyone on this team not named Amar'e.

Gallo is streaky, Randolph is an unknown and probably won't be in a Knicks uniform by the time he becomes a decent player.

Chandler is not Melo offensively, nice player though.

I wouldn't hesitate at all if that's what it would take.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

I personally think we got a helluva chance to get melo, first of all melo really wants to play for us, he has a 3yr 65million dollar deal on the table, when the nuggets approach melo to tell him the team he is getting traded to, and its not the knicks, he threatens to not sign the extension, so the team says im not giving up everything for a year and melo signs with us when he becomes a free agent. Or denver cuts their losses and take what they can, before the year ends and they get nada.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You are being sarcastic i hope (no pun, yeah it is).

Melo is worth more than anyone on this team not named Amar'e.

Gallo is streaky, Randolph is an unknown and probably won't be in a Knicks uniform by the time he becomes a decent player.

Chandler is not Melo offensively, nice player though.

I wouldn't hesitate at all if that's what it would take.

No I am not. All 3 of those guys are 23 or younger. You can't trade that much youth for 1 player, when there is a chance he can just walk at the end of the year and we can sign him for free.

Again, I will trade 2 of them but not all 3.

The Knicks have the leverage in this situation. The Nuggets do not. We don't have to give into their demands.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No I am not. All 3 of those guys are 23 or younger. You can't trade that much youth for 1 player, when there is a chance he can just walk at the end of the year and we can sign him for free.

Again, I will trade 2 of them but not all 3.

The Knicks have the leverage in this situation. The Nuggets do not. We don't have to give into their demands.

But none of those players are worthy of being kept away at the expense of Melo.

The Knicks only have leverage because that's where Melo wants to go.

If Melo had another year on his contract, Denver would have done that Nets deal in a heartbeat.

Which is why the Hornets didn't move Paul.

Because they didn't have to.

Melo can walk at the end, but the Knicks have to keep calling to see if Denver will bite.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #10
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

**** that im tired of people mentioning gallo this gallo that i cant stand him on the floor neither in our uniform let him go. man gut the roster for mello to lour another 3rd star like paul or parker. with melo anf amare here will makeup for the lost and an oppertunity for our future. lets get this shit done with already. gallo sucks if i want someone chucking 3's this season i rather it be bill walker or allen houston.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
**** that im tired of people mentioning gallo this gallo that i cant stand him on the floor neither in our uniform let him go. man gut the roster for mello to lour another 3rd star like paul or parker. with melo anf amare here will makeup for the lost and an oppertunity for our future. lets get this shit done with already. gallo sucks if i want someone chucking 3's this season i rather it be bill walker or allen houston.
^^^ All I can say.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #12
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz

We're not going to be able to acquire CP3 unless something unforseen right now happens. He has to force a trade here, and New Orleans has to cave in like Toronto did sending Carter to New Jersey for basically nothing. I as hoping it was close this summer until they patched things up and traded Collison.

So lets gut the team right now for Melo & either Parker/Arenas.(I personally think Arenas is a much better player than Parker)

No matter what we'd end up having to give up Felton, Chandler, Curry, Randolph, Azabuike & Gallo to make the contracts work.

So now we have our core of:

Who do we have left?
Toney Douglas-PG
Roger Mason-SG
Andy Rautins-SG
Bill Walker-SG/SF
Landry Fields-SG/SF
Shawne Williams-SF/PF
Ronny Turiaf-C
Timofey Mozgov-C

We bring back Ewing Jr to make 12, and go sign someone like Magnum Rolle to make 13.

Is this what you want?

Or we can just wait until the summer and sign Melo, and keep everyone.

Last edited by Rowe : 10-29-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #13
Sarcastic

I'd rather wait till the summer and sign Melo and trade for CP3.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:32 AM   #14
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'd rather wait till the summer and sign Melo and trade for CP3.

Same.

S&T for Melo from Denver for a large TE just like what we did with Amare.

Trade for Chris Paul giving up Felton's expirer, Gallo, & Randolph.

Maintain the MLE due to the trades like Miami did last year acquiring Bosh/LeBron.

Use the MLE on Jason Richardson.

Sign 1-2 veteran big men looking to come join the fun.

Wait until Wilson Chandler outprices himself in the FA market and returns by accepting his QO.

I wake up from my dream.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:17 AM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sarcastic just stop...you had all offseason to hype up our young players and say how promising they are and how Melo isnt worth all three.The season is here now and reality and common sense has taken center stage.Other than Chandler,they havent done jack $h!t to warrant passing up a guy who is a perrenial allstar and one of if not the purest scorer in the league (I go back and forth between him and Durant).Dude is like Bernard King with 3 point range and a handle.

As for Arenas,trust me on this one...BAD BAD IDEA!!!I live in the DC area and dude is a basket case.He's a locker room cancer and a coaches nightmare. He's like a milder TO in that he just cannot n will not ever learn to shut up.I mean you have a huge gun charge and suspension,they remove your banner from the Verizon center and the 1st thing you do when you come back is have an interview and tell everyone you lied to the coach about being injured because Nick Young needed more PT than you.Cmon...dude is psycho.

N as for just waiting...have u not learned from LeBrick?You dont think trading for Melo is more of a guarantee than if we sit back and wait while every team gets a crack @ him?Luol Deng's contract and Joakim Noah kept Chicago from gettin him.You dont think theyll find someone to take Deng especially now that they dont have to get rid of Noah? You dont think the Nets will try to make a push @ Melo?You dont think the Rockets will either?The Clippers may even get in the race.Melo has a crib in LA.

Bottom line is,if we get Melo via trade,the chances of him signing elsewhere even if he doesnt sign a deal right away are significantly less than if every team has a an qual crack @ him.You know this and I know this so let's quit w/ the song and dance.N yea our depth doesnt look good given the proposed roster you made but guess what....neither doesnt our current team.So you cant sit around and wait for ppl to become superstars "hopefully".I'd rather be proactive and take the guy who already is becuz last time i checked the guy who is producing the most on our team is the guy we respect the least!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: