Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-31-2010, 09:03 AM   #31
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Default Re: A Carmelo Anthony trade thought

I've come up with a few reasons for Gallos bad play. Some of them are probably just excuses because I'm a Gallo fan but what ever...here it goes.

1. Simply put: He's just playing bad? Maybey he's hitting his true "sophmore slump" because his first season hardly counted.

2. His sprained wrist is seriously hurting him everytime he puts up a shot which leads to a high number of misses. He's missing wide open shots lately which is uncharacteristic of him. Could be the pain.

3. Gallinari heard his name in trade rumors for Melo and stated how much he loves NY and doesn't want to play anywhere else. Maybey he's purposley playing bad so Denver doesn't want him? This is my most unlikely scenario.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:20 AM   #32
Rameek
Krust Kingz

There isnt anyway this trade happens unless the Knicks get help (meaning a 3rd team). This is difficult because the Knicks dont have many desired pieces. Also, I dont think teams like the Knicks and dont want to help.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:06 PM   #33
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I've come up with a few reasons for Gallos bad play. Some of them are probably just excuses because I'm a Gallo fan but what ever...here it goes.

1. Simply put: He's just playing bad? Maybey he's hitting his true "sophmore slump" because his first season hardly counted.

2. His sprained wrist is seriously hurting him everytime he puts up a shot which leads to a high number of misses. He's missing wide open shots lately which is uncharacteristic of him. Could be the pain.

3. Gallinari heard his name in trade rumors for Melo and stated how much he loves NY and doesn't want to play anywhere else. Maybey he's purposley playing bad so Denver doesn't want him? This is my most unlikely scenario.

If his wrist hurts so much why is he shooting nearly every time he gets the ball.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #34
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
If his wrist hurts so much why is he shooting nearly every time he gets the ball.
Because that is all he can do.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #35
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

I know. Coach needs to make a decision, I think he needs to be benched now.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #36
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Bano why can't the reason be that he's just not as good as you want him to be lol

Back to Melo though,we've gotta land him....seriously.By any means (not including Amare) necessary.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #37
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

Sophmore Slump?(technically this basically is his 2nd season)

Im not really worried about it. Seems like hes trying to match the way he ended the season, and instead is just struggling. Not to mention his role has changed with the addition of Amare & Felton. He has to adjust his game around Amare, and change the mindset he had last season where anybody could take shots whenever they wanted.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:52 PM   #38
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Sophmore Slump?(technically this basically is his 2nd season)

Im not really worried about it. Seems like hes trying to match the way he ended the season, and instead is just struggling. Not to mention his role has changed with the addition of Amare & Felton. He has to adjust his game around Amare, and change the mindset he had last season where anybody could take shots whenever they wanted.

Well, I am concerned since he isn't hitting his shots at all.

I don't think his role has changed.

He still has to hit the OPEN shot, no different than last year.

Watching Amar'e try to bust through double and triple teams is making me sick.

Gallo has to be that guy who makes the defense got off Amar'e.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:10 PM   #39
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Gallinari should be thriving from Amare's presence.Supposed knock down shooter with every1 in the paint focused on the big man.Your supposed to be eating that alive but like I said I'll wait and see
Old 10-31-2010, 08:20 PM   #40
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Gallinari should be thriving from Amare's presence.Supposed knock down shooter with every1 in the paint focused on the big man.Your supposed to be eating that alive but like I said I'll wait and see

Well he is getting "wide open" shots. He just isn't draining them.

I really don't think he would be starting if Randolph was healthy.

The kid has shot confidence. The coach need to tell him work from the easy spots.

Drive in for fouls and layups.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #41
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Bano why can't the reason be that he's just not as good as you want him to be lol

Back to Melo though,we've gotta land him....seriously.By any means (not including Amare) necessary.

Re-read the opening statement and reason #1 .
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #42
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Anyway,back to Melo.I just read Rowe's "comeback" and seriously dude...you expect me to take you serious when you arguement begins with "all the signs from Spike Lee to Fat Joe".I see you were apparently under a rock last summer and didnt realize that celebrity talk is far from valid.Besides,if I'd trust a rapper for trade news it would @ least be one with ownership of a team a la Jay Z or Nelly (if he still has his share).Not Fat Joe who's barely clinging on to his own career.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #43
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Anyway,back to Melo.I just read Rowe's "comeback" and seriously dude...you expect me to take you serious when you arguement begins with "all the signs from Spike Lee to Fat Joe".I see you were apparently under a rock last summer and didnt realize that celebrity talk is far from valid.Besides,if I'd trust a rapper for trade news it would @ least be one with ownership of a team a la Jay Z or Nelly (if he still has his share).Not Fat Joe who's barely clinging on to his own career.

So Spike Lee's comments are irrelevant?

Hes the only celebrity who has been reppin hard for the Knicks this past decade. Fat Joe isn't the gospel but he is good friends with Amare & Melo.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #44
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Yea pretty much...he's a fan.I didnt go to Jay Z to find out if Melo would be a Net.Now becuz your a fan or good friends with a guy your supposed to hold the key to his free agent decision?Any1 on here knows I love goin back and forth when necessary n proving my point but with all due respect...this is kinda ridiculous.Melo is friends with alot of people...he's a celebrity and so is his wife.I used to go to school with one of his best friends but I wouldnt even ask him for an "inside scoop".Basing a GM decision on whether to get one of the best players in the league on what a movie producer who is ridiculously biased and a rapper is hilarious.If Walsh did this he should be fired immediately.BTW Jim Jones,Jada Kiss and Fabolous all said LeBron was coming to NY.We see how accurate that was.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #45
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Yea pretty much...he's a fan.I didnt go to Jay Z to find out if Melo would be a Net.Now becuz your a fan or good friends with a guy your supposed to hold the key to his free agent decision?Any1 on here knows I love goin back and forth when necessary n proving my point but with all due respect...this is kinda ridiculous.Melo is friends with alot of people...he's a celebrity and so is his wife.I used to go to school with one of his best friends but I wouldnt even ask him for an "inside scoop".Basing a GM decision on whether to get one of the best players in the league on what a movie producer who is ridiculously biased and a rapper is hilarious.If Walsh did this he should be fired immediately.BTW Jim Jones,Jada Kiss and Fabolous all said LeBron was coming to NY.We see how accurate that was.

In Baltimore?

You're pointing out all the reasons to not believe it, but where is your examples of any talk saying Melo wants to go to New Jersey? Chicago? The Clippers? Im sorry but I dont have my head in the sand over this. I would rather believe the talk then sit around finding excuses why not to believe when there isn't anything out there to suggest it as wrong.

You've mentioned each as being as valid of an option as the Knicks.

This isn't like the LeBron situation, nobody ver mentioned anything about him wanting to come here after 2007/2008.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: