Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-14-2010, 05:34 AM   #181
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Yeah, spawn system is pissing me off a little now. Basically after almost every kill I get, I turn my back for just a split second to see if they'll come running back round the corner.

I don't think any spawn system in any game should encourage 'instant' revenge killing.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #182
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Yeah, spawn system is pissing me off a little now. Basically after almost every kill I get, I turn my back for just a split second to see if they'll come running back round the corner.

I don't think any spawn system in any game should encourage 'instant' revenge killing.

Curious , Do You play with Tactical button layout?
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #183
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
Curious , Do You play with Tactical button layout?

I can probably safely say no, as I have no idea what that even is.

I haven't messed around with the controls at all, other than trying out some different sensitivities, and just stuck with the default one.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #184
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I sure get nuketown a lot. The map is ok, but has bad respawns..
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #185
UK-NJ
High School Starter

UK-NJ is a pretty well-respected posterUK-NJ is a pretty well-respected posterUK-NJ is a pretty well-respected poster

Jesus, I'm bad at this game. What do you guys reckon is the best default class this year? I can't get it going with anything at the mo. It's nowhere near as forgiving as MW2 was!
UK-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #186
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I can probably safely say no, as I have no idea what that even is.

I haven't messed around with the controls at all, other than trying out some different sensitivities, and just stuck with the default one.

Well Im Not even sure if they have tactical Button Layout on BO ,..

Its uhhhh , Tactical Layout : R3 = Prone , B or O = Knife.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #187
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
Well Im Not even sure if they have tactical Button Layout on BO ,..

Its uhhhh , Tactical Layout : R3 = Prone , B or O = Knife.

They still have tactical, however dropshooting isn't quite as effective anymore. I still like haveing crouch set to R3 though. They did add a dive which is kinda neat. If you run and go into prone you do a running dive. Can't shoot while you do it, but it looks cool.

Last edited by Kungfro : 11-14-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #188
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

Just played a couple of TDM games with GOBB, played horribly in all 3.

Each one I got off to a decent start, then just got gradually worse and worse. Ah well!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #189
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Just played a couple of TDM games with GOBB, played horribly in all 3.

Each one I got off to a decent start, then just got gradually worse and worse. Ah well!

Those matches were nothing but a lag fest. Not sure if you were experiencing the same. But that jumping around the game was doin pissed me off. Then to play on the same map twice (Summitt)? I didnt even vote for that. Also wanted to smack that goth kid singing. Instant mute.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #190
UK-NJ
High School Starter

UK-NJ is a pretty well-respected posterUK-NJ is a pretty well-respected posterUK-NJ is a pretty well-respected poster

I was in that game too. Played horribly first time on Summit (hadn't played that map before) with something like 5 kills 15 deaths, then had an average game following it with 12 kills 10 deaths. Laggy as **** though, as you say.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #191
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Those matches were nothing but a lag fest. Not sure if you were experiencing the same. But that jumping around the game was doin pissed me off. Then to play on the same map twice (Summitt)? I didnt even vote for that. Also wanted to smack that goth kid singing. Instant mute.

Yeah it was pretty bad to be honest. It was my teammates lagging like hell that was bothering me more than anything, real offputting seeing dudes almost disappearing off your screen and re-appearing in a different place. No excuse though, I stunk it up in the 2nd half of every game, simple as. Think I muted everyone but you. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to dumbass kids or general idiots who have mics. If they make stupid noises or start constantly talking in the lobby, no doubt they are getting muted before the game starts. I bought a mic, but haven't gotten in the habit of using it yet. I played MW2 all the time without a mic, so it will probably take a bit of getting used to.

Been desperately trying to get my K/D above 1.0 last day or so, pretty tough when you're playing like crap, getting games like 14-15. Started off horribly when I first got the game, then had a couple of days of beasting, now I'm about 50 kills below breaking even, and my play has deteriorated to very average again for some reason. Need to step it up!

Catch you on again soon man, and hopefully I won't be so average next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-NJ
I was in that game too. Played horribly first time on Summit (hadn't played that map before) with something like 5 kills 15 deaths, then had an average game following it with 12 kills 10 deaths. Laggy as **** though, as you say.

Yeah I thought I recognised your GT, just couldn't remember your ISH username, my bad!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #192
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ukballer I watched the video of one match on Summitt. Most of you getting killed was a result of you not checking your area. You were getting shot from the side alot and if you just make sure to check left to right before running in the direction you want (to cover yourself) you wouldnt die as much. Some guys you ran right past, locked onto one area and they shot you from the side. You got a pretty sweet gun (is that the Galil?). You can easily get your K/D up if cut back people killing you from the side. You gave up a good 5-6 kills maybe more this way. And sometimes if you just checked your sides you would have killed them first especially with that gun.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #193
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
ukballer I watched the video of one match on Summitt. Most of you getting killed was a result of you not checking your area. You were getting shot from the side alot and if you just make sure to check left to right before running in the direction you want (to cover yourself) you wouldnt die as much. Some guys you ran right past, locked onto one area and they shot you from the side. You got a pretty sweet gun (is that the Galil?). You can easily get your K/D up if cut back people killing you from the side. You gave up a good 5-6 kills maybe more this way. And sometimes if you just checked your sides you would have killed them first especially with that gun.

Yeah that sounds good, I get a little headstrong sometimes, start rushing when I should be more careful. Think I was like that when I began on MW2, then just learning the maps somewhat covered up my weaknesses a bit. But it's being exposed again with a new game on maps I haven't had much experience on. Need to be more knowledgable of where the enemies are likely to come from, and just generally be more aware. I can't see myself changing to the softly softly approach, that ain't me. But still, not so much charging into one area. Thanks for looking man! And yeah, it's the Galil. Been switching between that and the AUG. Not enjoying the AUG as much as I did on MW2, but it's still a great gun.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #194
UK-NJ
High School Starter

So far I seem to be getting the most production out of my stealth MP5 class. It isn't my usual style of play, but until I get some better guns unlocked I think it's my best bet.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #195
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Yeah uk, once you get the maps down and players tendancies you'll be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-NJ
So far I seem to be getting the most production out of my stealth MP5 class. It isn't my usual style of play, but until I get some better guns unlocked I think it's my best bet.

What as your gamertag in the game we all played?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: