Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-07-2011, 02:40 AM   #1306
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops discussion

Um why would PS3 be better for COD? Lmfao. Stupidest shit I've heard. You can't party up, the players are inexperienced and aren't as competitive. People who play PS3 purchased it because they wouldn't pay for XBOX Live due to not having the time and having the quantity they paid for. People on PS3 aren't as dedicated to gaming as XBOX gamers, because they suck every penny out of their dimes worth when making the payment into XBOX Live.

I played COD for PS3, it is horrible. There's so many random kids, with blue tooth mics, it's just not an argument seriously. Also, Black Ops is a horrible game, MW2 is so much more fun and more addicting, especially when partying up with friends. You PS3 users wouldn't know about partying up, because you cant.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:58 AM   #1307
thatoneblackguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Um why would PS3 be better for COD? Lmfao. Stupidest shit I've heard. You can't party up, the players are inexperienced and aren't as competitive. People who play PS3 purchased it because they wouldn't pay for XBOX Live due to not having the time and having the quantity they paid for. People on PS3 aren't as dedicated to gaming as XBOX gamers, because they suck every penny out of their dimes worth when making the payment into XBOX Live.

I played COD for PS3, it is horrible. There's so many random kids, with blue tooth mics, it's just not an argument seriously. Also, Black Ops is a horrible game, MW2 is so much more fun and more addicting, especially when partying up with friends. You PS3 users wouldn't know about partying up, because you cant.
If COD on the PS3 is as bad as you're saying it is, then why would MLG only host for PS3 players? It seems as if the PS3 was extremely terrible, MLG pros wouldn't be playing on the PS3.

Last edited by thatoneblackguy : 08-07-2011 at 03:00 AM.
thatoneblackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #1308
N0Skillz
Master

ps3 has better controllers =(

Hate the sticks on the xbox 360 controller.

but 360 has much better live.
N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #1309
Maniak
TJ Warren

I'm just going to build on what thatoneblackguy said.

Quote:
Um why would PS3 be better for COD? Lmfao. Stupidest shit I've heard. You can't party up, the players are inexperienced and aren't as competitive.

You don't need to be in a chat to party up. Inexperienced and aren't competitive? The best players in the world have been playing on the ps3 for years because its been what has used at MLG events.

Quote:
People who play PS3 purchased it because they wouldn't pay for XBOX Live due to not having the time and having the quantity they paid for. People on PS3 aren't as dedicated to gaming as XBOX gamers, because they suck every penny out of their dimes worth when making the payment into XBOX Live.

I bought a ps3 because I've been using the controller almost all my life. I also bought one because I consider myself a sony fanboy. Almost all my friends had a 360 but I didn't like the controller. Aren't as dedicated? There is no statistical proof to that. Thats just a long winded statement from a fanboy.

Quote:
I played COD for PS3, it is horrible. There's so many random kids, with blue tooth mics, it's just not an argument seriously.

the bluetooth mics are bad, but the sound quality on xbox with the regular mic you get with your 360 is pretty much just as bad. Not to mention both systems are too lazy to put money into their sound quality. Theres a reason I prefer to just use skype if I'm playing a game.

Quote:
Also, Black Ops is a horrible game, MW2 is so much more fun and more addicting, especially when partying up with friends. You PS3 users wouldn't know about partying up, because you cant.

I'm sorry to say this, but I'll just be frank, you're a ****ing dumbass. There isn't a party system that has like party chat, but you can still invite to party and run a party. Don't say stupid shit like that without looking into it.

Party chat on 360 is pretty overrated to me. Its only nice for people who are like a youtuber and have full friendslist so they can just invite to game(thats a feature I wish ps3 had), but otherwise the sound quality still blows, and you can't use it on like any playlists in mw2, which I find annoying.

You're a cancer on the gaming community. Anyone who argues ps3 vs 360 is killing the community. Who gives a ****? They both serve their purpose, and are both inferior to PC gaming. If you need to bash the console you don't own just based off of things you've heard or experienced once at a friends house, then you need to stop talking. Just stick to what you like, and leave it like that.

I don't constantly bash xbox for one of the most horrible communities, or for their bad controller. I praise it for having features ps3 doesn't, making it worthwile to pay for. Speaking of which, my gold runs out tomorrow. Damnit.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #1310
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz

Dumbass, don't talk shit if you don't know what your talking about.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #1311
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

I haven't played this game in at least a month! IDK if I should try it again or not.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #1312
TSFP
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yeah I haven't played this game in awhile either.

Last edited by TSFP : 08-07-2011 at 11:34 PM.
TSFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #1313
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Put in some good games today. Pissed off a party too, I forgot how satisfying that is. Team lost, pretty hard to win dom with a bunch of randoms, but I still did a lot better then anyone on their team. Always great to hear smack talk before the game, and excuses after.

Clip from my last game, finished with 3 blackbirds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weojr...el_video_title
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:36 AM   #1314
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

As much as I've been dogging this game lately, I still find myself playing it a hell of a lot.

About a week or so ago I was getting extremely pissed off at Ghost users, and all this time I'd refused to use it myself, and I'd been strictly a Hardline user. But I finally thought 'screw it' and have been using Ghost the last few days, as dirty as it makes me feel using it, but I don't see anything wrong with fighting fire with fire. It's ridiculous how overpowered this perk is. Was just strange seeing people literally running right past you, having no idea you're there. I must have at least doubled my total knife kills in the last few days, crazy...

It was only in the last few days I realised how important a good connection is on this game too. The hit detection difference between having a 4 bar connection and a 3, or 2 bar one is huge! I was lucky enough to get host in a bunch of games 2 days ago, and literally tore through teams, needing just a couple of bullets to finish people off. But at times my connection can go slightly unstable, so yesterday I was only getting 2 bars at times, and it just seemed to take forever to take people down, felt like I had to empty a whole clip before anyone would die.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #1315
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Put in some good games today. Pissed off a party too, I forgot how satisfying that is. Team lost, pretty hard to win dom with a bunch of randoms, but I still did a lot better then anyone on their team. Always great to hear smack talk before the game, and excuses after.

Clip from my last game, finished with 3 blackbirds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weojr...el_video_title

Tripled capped.

Agreed with bold. Some party accused me of having a second account at the end of the match. I guess after they stopped talkin and checked my combat record they notice how stupid of an excuse that was.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #1316
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Looks like I got another reason to get back into BO.

http://www.sohood.com/crib/2011/08/2...ress-playlist/

Quote:
There’s a new update to download on Call Of Duty: Black Ops. It seems to only focus on the playlist. Titled Express playlist, It basically has the ghost perk and second chance perk removed.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #1317
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Looks like I got another reason to get back into BO.

http://www.sohood.com/crib/2011/08/2...ress-playlist/

The problem for me with that is its random game modes. Its funny seeing people using their Ghost class still. Epic fail

Last edited by GOBB : 08-23-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #1318
Maniak
TJ Warren

Jeez Draz, weeks later and you still don't have a response?

I've been playing combat training, because its the only thing I really enjoy on this game anymore, and its been mildly enjoyable. I'm trading in bo, mw2, and 2k11 soon cause I gots to get skyrim, mw3, and 2k12. Yes, I know 3 used games wont pay for 3 new games. Not even 1 new game. Maybe 1 new game.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #1319
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Best Buy offering $23 for Black Ops. I spent $105 (3 map packs purchased).

Its tempting.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #1320
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

I can't believe people buy those extremely overpriced map packs.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: