Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 11-28-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
cyco127
Local High School Star

Arrow Gm#16 11/29 vs. Spurs

Wednesday, Nov. 29, 7:00pm
vs. Spurs
TV: KJZZ, NBALP
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #2
Heretik32
Myrrh

This'll be more than a handful. Let's see whether the boys can recover from their last two games...
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
cyco127
Local High School Star

I hope Jerry doen't work 'em too hard in practice today, these guys look like they need a day off...
Old 11-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

That's what Sloan was afraid of going into this 11 game stretch over 18 days or whatever it is.

I hope they get that energy back and shut up all the fools who are now saying they have been lucky to get wins because the other teams have been throwing the games away......
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
statman32
NBA Legend

please beat the spurs
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
jen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

amen to all of the posts here. and I'm brand new to this so how do I figure it so I quit telling people I slap board on layups? I never do that.
jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
jen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ok, so I don't slap board on layups, I just hit open layups. but I don't even do that. more of a jump shot kind of person.
jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:39 PM   #8
lowblok

Just keep posting Jen.......
Old 11-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #9
cyco127
Local High School Star

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen
amen to all of the posts here. and I'm brand new to this so how do I figure it so I quit telling people I slap board on layups? I never do that.

Post, post, post, post, post, post, POST!
That's how.

Wecome to InsideHoops jen. I hope it's an enjoyable experience for ya.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:00 AM   #10
lowblok

Nice Win, way to REBOUND from those two losses......D Will is the definition of CLUTCH....

Boozer just keeps doing what he's been doing.....Hope they're fired up for the next one!!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:59 AM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

AK47 and Boozer are so crazy together.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #12
cyco127
Local High School Star

http://www.nba.com/games/20061129/SASUTA/recap.html

Quote:
Utah 83, San Antonio 75

SALT LAKE CITY, Nov. 29 (AP) -- The Utah Jazz kept their losing streak brief by getting back to what got them off to the best start in the NBA.

The score was close and the shooting wasn't good for either team, but the Jazz dominated San Antonio in rebounding and beat the Spurs 83-75 Wednesday.

The Jazz seemed to corral almost every missed shot - and there were plenty of them - and outrebounded San Antonio 50-34 while beating the Spurs for the first time since April 2005.

``I repeat it every time: We've got to get our boards because that was they key to tonight's game,'' said Andrei Kirilenko, who had nine rebounds for Utah. ``They missed lots of shots. We didn't let them get the second chances.''

Carlos Boozer led the Jazz with 23 points and 16 rebounds and Matt Harpring added 13 points and 12 boards. Deron Williams finished with 15 points and nine assists.

After starting the season 12-1, the Jazz were coming off consecutive losses to Golden State and Orlando, getting outrebounded in both games. It was the one area they controlled all night Wednesday and it helped make up for a sluggish start,

when the Spurs pulled ahead by 10 in the second quarter.

The Jazz had 16 offensive rebounds to seven for the Spurs.

``We got ourselves into a hole tonight and fortunately we were able to fight back out of it,'' Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said.

Tim Duncan had 21 points and 10 rebounds for San Antonio, which lost for the third time in four games and shot 39.7 percent (29-for-73) from the field.

``We're just kind of in a bad stretch right now. Not too much you can do,'' Duncan said. ``You've just kind of got to take a step back and that's what practice will do for us.''

Bruce Bowen scored 17 and Tony Parker had 14 points for the Spurs.

San Antonio had won 22 of its last 24 games against the Jazz. The Spurs led by 10 in the second quarter and were up 39-37 at halftime before Utah woke up in the third quarter and won the showdown of the teams with the top records in the Western Conference.

Duncan had just seven points and four rebounds in the second half and was covered much of the time by Boozer. Duncan thought Boozer helped his defense a little with some contact to Duncan's arm.

``He played the right way. He made the plays and they didn't blow the whistle. So in that respect, he did a great job,'' Duncan said.

The Jazz were 8-for-16 in third and got a spark from Andrei Kirilenko's three blocks. Kirilenko also stole a pass from Duncan on the baseline and saved it from going out of bounds by getting it to Williams, who started a fast break that Boozer finished to put Utah ahead 57-53.

Robert Horry tied it at 61 on a 3-pointer for the Spurs as the shot clock expired with 10 minutes left in the game and it stayed close until the final few minutes.

Boozer put Utah ahead 68-67, starting an 11-3 run that put Utah in control. Harpring followed with a layup and a jumper in the lane. Williams finished off the run with a spinning, reverse layup, then a 3-pointer that gave Utah a 78-71 lead with 2:34 left.

Beno Udrih scored 11 to lead the Spurs' reserves, who scored a combined 20 points.

Mehmet Okur scored 10 for the Jazz.

Notes: San Antonio G Manu Ginobili missed his third straight game with a bruised lower back. ... Utah's last win over San Antonio was 93-91 on April 13, 2005. ... The Jazz had four straight layups bounce out of the rim early in the second quarter as they missed eight of their first 11 shots. ... The win was Sloan's 997th as an NBA coach.

Copyright 2006 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

http://www.nba.com/games/20061129/SASUTA/boxscore.html

Man, what a game! Great confidence building win for the Jazz. And how about Boozer's Defense(I never thought I'd be saying that)!

Let's go get the Lakers!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: