Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool
Default Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope?

1. Greg Oden is going to become a defensive monster with a very efficient offense to anchor the Blazers defense into #1 in the league.

2. Nicolas Batum is going to be the next Scottie Pippen on defense and offense minus the playmaking and leadership.

3. LaMarcus Aldridge is going to break out and finally becoming equivalent to Pau Gasol.

4. Blazers will use Andre Miller and Marcus Camby's expiring contract to acquire another key addition.

5. Brandon Roy is the leader for years to come and the Portland Trailblazers finally become a contender for years to come.

Am I just an overly hopeful fan or is this what basically every Portland fan secretly believe/hope will happen?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope?

Big difference between believing and hoping..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
1. Greg Oden is going to become a defensive monster with a very efficient offense to anchor the Blazers defense into #1 in the league.

Definitely hope this will happen.. and it might somedy. Doesn't just depend on Oden though. Right now we have Camby in the middle now and as far as defensive bigs go, he's right there at the top (with Dwight). Better than Oden at this point and maybe better than Oden will eve become. It's up to the rest of the team to make this defense one of the best in the league.. Not just Oden.

Quote:
2. Nicolas Batum is going to be the next Scottie Pippen on defense and offense minus the playmaking and leadership.

yeah that would be awesome.. but it's not happening. He's great defensively, but not near Pip's level. Scoringwise he has really improved (from what I've seen so far), but Pippen's level? Come on now...
Batum is one of my favorite players in the league right now and he definitely reminds me of Pip (minus the playmaking), but he's more of a Pippen-lite and

Quote:
3. LaMarcus Aldridge is going to break out and finally becoming equivalent to Pau Gasol.

Might happen.. But it'll take years and confidence. He needs to work on his defensive and needs to get more physical. Don't know if it'll ever happen.. He's more of a Cliff Robinson type of player..

Quote:
4. Blazers will use Andre Miller and Marcus Camby's expiring contract to acquire another key addition.

I want Camby on this team till he retires. lol. he's a great team players, solid on both ends of the court (especially on D of course). All our bigs are injury prone. We need him.

We have Miller and a bunch of picks to trade. I hope the FO doesn't fck up and swing a desperation deal for a mediocre player though

Quote:
5. Brandon Roy is the leader for years to come and the Portland Trailblazers finally become a contender for years to come.

Will definitely happen.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope?

I'm with Toizumi that there is a big difference between believe and hope. I hope the Blazers win the championship this year and every year, but I don't believe it will happen.

Quote:

I believe this has a good chance of happening and I certainly hope it happens.

Quote:

I would like this to happen, but I don't believe it will and I'm not overly hopeful about it. Instead, I believe that Batum could be a more athletic Shane Battier that could be better off the dribble.

Quote:

I don't believe this will happen. I hope Aldridge can get more aggressive down low on offense and defense, but I don't think he will ever be as good as Pau or play like him (he is just too perimeter oriented)

Quote:

I think it is more possible that it will be Miller and Przybilla, and it is more likely that only 1 gets traded.

Quote:

The first half of the statement already seems true, and the second part I think depends on the first point quoted.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Three more points to make:

1. LaMarcus Aldridge has disappointed me year after year. He has not been anything special. He's not even top 15 forwards IMO. I hope he proved me wrong this year.

2. I really hope they add another superstar from Miller/Camby's expiring contract. It might not necessarily be the best move but it sure would be exciting. Perhaps troubled stars like Chris Paul or Carmelo Anthony. Yeah we all heard they might be taking shots away from Roy and the team might fall into disarray but heck, it'll be great to see how it all works out. It's always fascinating when you pile up talents and see how they work out.

3. Do you all think Nate McMillan need to be replaced? I'm on the fence with this. On one hand, I don't think he has the ability nor experience to coach a contender to a championship. On the other, I don't know who'll replace him that could do better.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

3. Do you all think Nate McMillan need to be replaced? I'm on the fence with this. On one hand, I don't think he has the ability nor experience to coach a contender to a championship. On the other, I don't know who'll replace him that could do better.

I'm on the fence too. I think Nate is a great motivator, but a terrible X's and O's coach (which is why we can beat up bad teams and unmotivated playoff teams in the regular season, but can't do anything in the playoffs against motivated playoff teams). However, with a new crop of assistant coaches, the Blazers look way better in this department. There is way more off ball movement, which leads to more ball movement and easier baskets. So for now, I am content having Nate with his new support group, but I was totally ready for him to leave with how the team played the past 2 years in the playoffs.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'm on the fence too. I think Nate is a great motivator, but a terrible X's and O's coach (which is why we can beat up bad teams and unmotivated playoff teams in the regular season, but can't do anything in the playoffs against motivated playoff teams). However, with a new crop of assistant coaches, the Blazers look way better in this department. There is way more off ball movement, which leads to more ball movement and easier baskets. So for now, I am content having Nate with his new support group, but I was totally ready for him to leave with how the team played the past 2 years in the playoffs.

this, for sure.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: