Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #1486
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Well, I guess the Governor got them to lower their guards and then they got taken by surprised and panicked. I think the pilot was saying that their group got overrun and it turned into chaos quickly, so they were likely on edge already. I don't know, it didn't look like those guys had much training, but then they probably wouldn't expect to get ambushed. They live in a world where slow moving zombies is the threat.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #1487
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good episode, but I thought it was funny I'm to believe a military unit was snuck up on so easily. Just a TV show but it made me laugh.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #1488
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

They are not real military per se its the national guard weekend warriors.

The pilot that was saved head was in the bowl as well.

I wonder if they only have designs to save women and kill most new men?

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #1489
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
From the preview of next week's episode, it looks like the main focus will be on Andrea and Michonne meeting up with The Governor's crew.

Should be a good one but I'll be disappointed if the jail doesn't get any screen time.

I'm disappointed. lol

Def. felt wrong to entirely omit Rick + other group from the episode. Oh well, looks like things pick up next week.

I didn't have any issues with The Governor until they showed the heads in the fish tanks. Some serious psychological issues there. Even though killing that entire military squad was a bitch move, it's kill or be killed in this world. He knew there would be valuable supplies and weapons at their outpost so he did what was best for his group and their community.

Who's to say Rick wouldn't have done the same at this point giving all they've been through?
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #1490
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

slow episode compared to the first 2.... i guess andrea is what makes this show slow...when she wasnt in it, there was just non stop action.

now we have 2 groups, who are probably heavily armed now (rick needs to find the armory)and locked down in their respective fortresses...cant wait for the showdown

we all knew the governor was badass from the foreshadowing from last season... they should have just started it off with him as a badass to begin with...and i think they want to find rick cus of some deal the govorner made with dales brother (whats his name)

some shitty ass military they were...they cant protect their previous location, got overrun, cant even fly a copter...gets ambushed like sitting ducks without securing the perimeter...one runs like apussy, as if someones there to save him...

Last edited by bluechox2 : 10-29-2012 at 11:28 AM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #1491
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
what the hell was up w/ all those decapitated zombie heads in the fish tank?

I'm going out on a limb and predict that's the tea the Gov is so hyped about
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #1492
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's an interesting turn of events from the comics to the TV show.

They haven't shown the 'games' yet so maybe this is a substitute, nor have they shown his daughter. That being said, I'm confused as to how graphic they are going to get with the events that the comic lovers know about considering they just hacked off herschel's leg and they clearly have no problem killing people that clearly represent the country, nevermind a community that is clearly 80% women(28 days later anyone?)

Next week, 2 things will happen for sure. Rick will meet the Gov as a result of Andrea like 'OHAI PARTY CITY' and Rick will become injured
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #1493
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is popular on this boardSCREWstonRockets is popular on this boardSCREWstonRockets is popular on this boardSCREWstonRockets is popular on this board

Man y'all don't even want to know just how crazy the governor is. I read the comics and man, if they make him half the comic version, we are all in for a treat.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #1494
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Man y'all don't even want to know just how crazy the governor is. I read the comics and man, if they make him half the comic version, we are all in for a treat.
I highly doubt they'll show even half of what the comic governor was, he was the sickest character in the walking dead. At best, they have the "games" which would be awesome
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #1495
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
I highly doubt they'll show even half of what the comic governor was, he was the sickest character in the walking dead. At best, they have the "games" which would be awesome

Let's not forget there is a group of cannibals in the comics, so the Governor(while sick) is more evil. Negan on the other hand is a straight killer, and is more of a match for Rick in the books.

But damn if i dont want to see rick and gov(aka Brian Blake OOPS NEVER!) go at it hand to hand in the streets!
Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #1496
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How about some motherf*cking spoiler tags if you're going to discuss the comics. Not everybody has read them.

Pricks.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #1497
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
How about some motherf*cking spoiler tags if you're going to discuss the comics. Not everybody has read them.

Pricks.

I tried, really I did. But the board wasn't coloring my highlighted text. IMDB is worse, just a heads up
Old 10-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #1498
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Watched it twice and I didn't particularly care for this episode too much.

I guess the way guys were jocking the Governor (from last season saying "Oh, the Gov's BADASS, I bet he's running that prison! Can't wait to see him!") I had high expectations but he just comes across as the Boss Bandit character and a typical psychopath.

The way of the Walking Dead World has brought out maybe some repressed feelings this dude has always had whereas w/ Rick, he's a good honest dude who has very high ethics and morals and they've all but gone to sh*t due to how people changed in the world and I think that's a parallel their trying to convey in the story, basically that the 2 are so alike but yet so different.

I also think the storyline is the Governor schmoozing Andrea and she becomes conflicted by his New World vision, her loyalty to Rick & co, and her own ethics/ emotions.

Anyway looking forward to the return of the prison storyline, show seemed kinda stale w/ out it.

Also think Mischonne would whoop the Governors ass and he will def keep her on a short leash.

She's VERY ANGRY at this World and at people in general...
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #1499
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
Like they could fool a 12-years old teenager with that.. And how bad of a company were those soldiers, being ambushed by a bunch of amateurs. Every single episode, they include some plothole, logical fallacy or idiotic bullsh*t.

I was thinking this exact same shit. I thought the Governor was psychotic from the jump. Then these professional soldiers get snuck up on in a wide open grassy (albeit long grass ) field? Ya right! Other than that, I loved the episode, but that really bugged me. Not only are they professional soldiers, the field the badmen snuck up on them in was just tall grass, but they should also be on edge and extremely aware of their surroundings given the circumstances.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #1500
BGriffin's Dad
Future GOAT PF

BGriffin's Dad has not been impressing people

they were all getting shot in slow motion.. lame dramatic effect ...
BGriffin's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: