Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #1501
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Walking Dead

The Governor's not gonna be the same as the comics, doubt it anyway, they've already toned down just his general personality quite a bit.

Which is a good thing. In this universe they've created he'd be way too over the top. Michonne hasn't done much yet, and that's another good thing. Her and the Governor work fine in the comics, but not on this TV show.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #1502
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I cant believe so many people have issues with National Guard Reservist getting ambushed. I guess its not an ideal situation to be in an open area like that but if a zombie swarm came that would be kinda a good way to see them coming where you can decide to fight or flight.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #1503
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I cant believe so many people have issues with National Guard Reservist getting ambushed. I guess its not an ideal situation to be in an open area like that but if a zombie swarm came that would be kinda a good way to see them coming where you can decide to fight or flight.
It's pretty convenient, but they mentioned that a number of the Governor's forces were ex-military. That's all it takes. BECAUSE THERE ARE ZOMBIES. "Raise from the dead? OK, cool. BUT ATTACK A RAG TAG MILITARY GROUP!? REALITY SHATTERED!" C'mon people. Understand what you're watching.

Either way, if one of the biggest complaints of the season so far is a National Guard Company getting ambushed from higher ground then well...SHIT IS DRASTICALLY IMPROVED. This is TV drama zombie logic. I don't get how anyone can get all the way through season 2's just complete awfulness and NOW complain.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #1504
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

This season has been phenomenal so far. I almost quit watching walking dead last season. So glad I didn't.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #1505
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

That town has that too good to be true vibe.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #1506
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
It's pretty convenient, but they mentioned that a number of the Governor's forces were ex-military. That's all it takes. BECAUSE THERE ARE ZOMBIES. "Raise from the dead? OK, cool. BUT ATTACK A RAG TAG MILITARY GROUP!? REALITY SHATTERED!" C'mon people. Understand what you're watching.

Either way, if one of the biggest complaints of the season so far is a National Guard Company getting ambushed from higher ground then well...SHIT IS DRASTICALLY IMPROVED. This is TV drama zombie logic. I don't get how anyone can get all the way through season 2's just complete awfulness and NOW complain.

I don't think it's that these people weren't complaining before, but that their complaining still.

The ambush was just a weird scene. This was a organized military outfit, who are still supplied and such so they have been doing rather well, they've already lived through the zombie apocalypse for about two years. (??, don't know exactly, it's been a while)

They've undoubtedly already seen how desperate people have become. They've been through some shit. So not only do a whole pack of people sneak up on them, they also are clean taken out with no resistance at all? It's just very silly. The entire show is silly of course, but let's not act like that scene was thought through.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #1507
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I don't think it's that these people weren't complaining before, but that their complaining still.

The ambush was just a weird scene. This was a organized military outfit, who are still supplied and such so they have been doing rather well, they've already lived through the zombie apocalypse for about two years. (??, don't know exactly, it's been a while)

They've undoubtedly already seen how desperate people have become. They've been through some shit. So not only do a whole pack of people sneak up on them, they also are clean taken out with no resistance at all? It's just very silly. The entire show is silly of course, but let's not act like that scene was thought through.

Yep exactly.

This is the reason why I felt like it lessened the effectiveness of the Governor in my eyes which is why I called him a Boss Bandit character which is exactly what he came across as.

I mean really, dude is gon' drive a station wagon or whatever the hell the hoopty was he was drivng, waving a ****in' Bounty the quicker picker upper paper towel like "Don't shoot! I'm a friendly!" and the unit falls for that shit, THEN commences to get bucked by the Gov's hidden group that snuck all the way up there in some long grass w/ out being seen at all and not even get off a single shot?!? Meanwhile Rick's got enough sense to shoot dude right thru the head in that bar when he sensed a lick of trouble from those bandits when they went to get Herscel, and Rick's a sheriff but these dudes trained to use heavy artillery ain't do shit?!?

Scene was terrible straight outta a SyFy channel original movie terrible.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #1508
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJakk
Yep exactly.

This is the reason why I felt like it lessened the effectiveness of the Governor in my eyes which is why I called him a Boss Bandit character which is exactly what he came across as.

I mean really, dude is gon' drive a station wagon or whatever the hell the hoopty was he was drivng, waving a ****in' Bounty the quicker picker upper paper towel like "Don't shoot! I'm a friendly!" and the unit falls for that shit, THEN commences to get bucked by the Gov's hidden group that snuck all the way up there in some long grass w/ out being seen at all and not even get off a single shot?!? Meanwhile Rick's got enough sense to shoot dude right thru the head in that bar when he sensed a lick of trouble from those bandits when they went to get Herscel, and Rick's a sheriff but these dudes trained to use heavy artillery ain't do shit?!?

Scene was terrible straight outta a SyFy channel original movie terrible.
It was pretty bad. They could have done a "The Governor is a dick" scene way better. We get it, he's a dick. Let's get back to the story.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #1509
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
This was a organized military outfit, who are still supplied and such so they have been doing rather well, they've already lived through the zombie apocalypse for about two years. (??, don't know exactly, it's been a while)

Rather well? The pilot said their base got quickly overran by zombies and only like 10 escaped. Also, it's a group of reservist military personnel. It's not like they were some sort of badass full-time unit.

Quote:
So not only do a whole pack of people sneak up on them, they also are clean taken out with no resistance at all? It's just very silly. The entire show is silly of course, but let's not act like that scene was thought through.

They were hidden while the Governor drew their attention by driving up to them waving a white flag. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't really that far out of line compared to many other things that have happened. The Governor got them to lower their guards and then they got ambushed. The helicopter was sent out as recon, so I could see them being lazy to their surroundings. The only silly part was that they all just stood there while they were getting shot at.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #1510
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That whole scene was ludicrous. I don't really care, because it's a great show about zombies, but a bunch of even moderately trained troops would not get snuck up on in a grassy field.

When he pulled up several were up high on the trucks taking watch. It's not a big deal, but to defend it is even sillier.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #1511
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i guess taking into account the time frame of the episode ending, they didnt want a long out firefight..so they writer put them down quick and quiet...end result, governor was taking those supplies and nothing would stop that, and a quick way to show his badassness without taking away from future plot
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #1512
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
That whole scene was ludicrous. I don't really care, because it's a great show about zombies, but a bunch of even moderately trained troops would not get snuck up on in a grassy field.

When he pulled up several were up high on the trucks taking watch. It's not a big deal, but to defend it is even sillier.
Is reservist, they only do drill like once a month and all they do is **** around and drink beer anyways .
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #1513
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
I'm disappointed. lol

Def. felt wrong to entirely omit Rick + other group from the episode. Oh well, looks like things pick up next week.

I didn't have any issues with The Governor until they showed the heads in the fish tanks. Some serious psychological issues there. Even though killing that entire military squad was a bitch move, it's kill or be killed in this world. He knew there would be valuable supplies and weapons at their outpost so he did what was best for his group and their community.

Who's to say Rick wouldn't have done the same at this point giving all they've been through?
he didn't kill the two prisoners from before? He only killed the one that was about to kill him and let the other two alive so I don't think he would've killed the NG soldiers to be honest.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #1514
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i guess taking into account the time frame of the episode ending, they didnt want a long out firefight..so they writer put them down quick and quiet...end result, governor was taking those supplies and nothing would stop that, and a quick way to show his badassness without taking away from future plot

Yeah it definitely got the point across and moved the story forward as needed, but to sit here and say it's plausible is silly.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #1515
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Exclamation Re: The Walking Dead

Yall need to start watching the webisodes!!! Hot damn those were good episodes.

*SPOILER DOWN BELOW*

Kelly and Chase might be in Season 3 or 4. JUST WATCH THE WEBISODES!
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: