Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #1651
heyhey
stay mad golden state

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I've enjoyed this whole season, and enjoyed this episode too. I can understand most of the gripes. Michone especially has been a bust after hearing about her ahead of time. I'm hoping putting her in a group will drive the character a little.

And The Governor and his eutopia aren't quite what I expected. I was thinking something more along the lines of Mad Max, not the main street usa we've gotten. But it seems like they've decided to play this dark side up for suspense purposes.

Michone is an awful character. I'm struggling to understand why we are suppose to sympathize with her. she just comes off as a stereotypical angry black woman or a very controlling lesbian.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #1652
DaHeezy
College superstar

Let's put it to a vote

Can we all agree that any mention of the comic has ruined it for the viewers who don't follow the comic?
I know for myself my opinion of Michonne, the Govenor, and even Andrea have drastically changed because of all the hype built up when people start refering to the comic. It's ruinging it for just the TV watchers.

It's got to the point where i can't even scroll through the thread and discuss without having to quickly look away at the word "comic"

Either start a new thread for the strictly comic book followers or a new thread for the only TV follwers. Take your pick because clearly there needs to be seperation
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #1653
Godzuki
Banned

i had much higher expectations of Michonne too where there was so much hype here how bad ass she was going to be. that said i don't really have a problem with her either, just slightly disappointed, but she's still sort of tough. they probably should've kept her as some recluse in the wilderness just killing zombies using new tricks/tactics with a mystery about her than introducing her to the Governor in the town where she looked weak and marginalized without her sword. she also wouldn't have come across as a angry, helpless mute either if that were never shown.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #1654
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Either start a new thread for the strictly comic book followers or a new thread for the only TV follwers. Take your pick because clearly there needs to be seperation

Seconded. And I don't care if your post clearly states "spoiler" in big red letters, WE DON'T F*CKING WANT THEM IN HERE.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #1655
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Let's put it to a vote

Can we all agree that any mention of the comic has ruined it for the viewers who don't follow the comic?
I know for myself my opinion of Michonne, the Govenor, and even Andrea have drastically changed because of all the hype built up when people start refering to the comic. It's ruinging it for just the TV watchers.

It's got to the point where i can't even scroll through the thread and discuss without having to quickly look away at the word "comic"

You can put me firmly in the "don't care" camp. It's a pulpy TV show, I can't really care too much about maybe or maybe not knowing some details in advance.

That said, it should be common courtesy to post spoilers in white.

If you can post SPOILER: in the comics Carl becomes a gay prostitute,
you can also post SPOILER: in the comics Carl becomes a gay prostitute.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #1656
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Let's put it to a vote

- Honestly....how many people really care?

- If you are postingin a Thread about a TV show based on a popular comic....who is going to be upset with "spoilers" or comic book comparisons?

- If someone is really gonna get thier Jimmies Rustled about Finding out what happens before it shows up on TV....the why would they be on the internet in a Walking dead Thread???

- Same thing with Movie threads?.....If you don't want to know what Happens....don't go on the internet thread...people who really care won't click on the thread......might as well just talk about the Show/comics and be happy.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #1657
Pacers4ever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- Honestly....how many people really care?

- If you are postingin a Thread about a TV show based on a popular comic....who is going to be upset with "spoilers" or comic book comparisons?

- If someone is really gonna get thier Jimmies Rustled about Finding out what happens before it shows up on TV....the why would they be on the internet in a Walking dead Thread???

- Same thing with Movie threads?.....If you don't want to know what Happens....don't go on the internet thread...people who really care won't click on the thread......might as well just talk about the Show/comics and be happy.
Movie threads are discussing the movie and it's details after watching it. This particular thread is about a TV show that is not OVER. To answer bold they are here to discuss every episode after it's over not the comics. Most people just watch the show over the comics in case you didn't know, like most people have seen the move rather than reading the book. Since their are most TV watcher than comic readers, the comic readers should respect the TV watcher and post the spoilers in white and don't ruin the series for others.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #1658
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

I think it's simple. People are still going to be assholes and spoil things when you come to threads like these. I haven't even touched the Game of Thrones thread because I only watch the TV show. Visit these threads with your own discretion.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #1659
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
Movie threads are discussing the movie and it's details after watching it. This particular thread is about a TV show that is not OVER. To answer bold they are here to discuss every episode after it's over not the comics. Most people just watch the show over the comics in case you didn't know, like most people have seen the move rather than reading the book. Since their are most TV watcher than comic readers, the comic readers should respect the TV watcher and post the spoilers in white and don't ruin the series for others.

A) Title says Walking Dead....

B) Based on a very Popular Comic series that many people read...( hence why they created a TV series)

C) This is the internet.....so when asking questions about a popular TV show based on a Popular Comic will most likely lead to answers that have already been seen in the comics......

also..

Discussing The Show / Comics will lead to comparisons.....differences in Characters / story.

This is the wrong Forum/thread/site to whine about Comic book comparisons or Spoilers.

( and teh Movie reference was not about people who have watched or already seen the movie....many times spoilers come out months before the movie is released...and people get mad becuase they were reading about it in the movie thread......)
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #1660
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever

This is the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. Pick up a book, read it, it's a good exercise of your brain that just being fed images from a TV.

books provoke thought.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #1661
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
This is the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. Pick up a book, read it, it's a good exercise of your brain that just being fed images from a TV.

books provoke thought.

Stop acting like a damn fool.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #1662
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
Michone is an awful character. I'm struggling to understand why we are suppose to sympathize with her. she just comes off as a stereotypical angry black woman or a very controlling lesbian.

I'd say distrustful and mysterious. I didn't know we were supposed to sympathize with her so far. Where did you get that from? They're bringing her character along slowly. Doesn't bother me.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 11-21-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #1663
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
A) Title says Walking Dead....

B) Based on a very Popular Comic series that many people read...( hence why they created a TV series)

C) This is the internet.....so when asking questions about a popular TV show based on a Popular Comic will most likely lead to answers that have already been seen in the comics......

also..

Discussing The Show / Comics will lead to comparisons.....differences in Characters / story.

This is the wrong Forum/thread/site to whine about Comic book comparisons or Spoilers.

( and teh Movie reference was not about people who have watched or already seen the movie....many times spoilers come out months before the movie is released...and people get mad becuase they were reading about it in the movie thread......)

It's not hard to start a thread to discuss the comic. A little common courtesy would be nice, but I guess that's asking too much.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #1664
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Stop acting like a damn fool.

Only because you asked so nicely!
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:48 AM   #1665
bluechox2
#knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
Only because you asked so nicely!
you should just white out the spoiler texts like other do...
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: