Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #226
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Here's an interview with Andrew Lincolng(Rick Grimes) about the series:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1138253p1.html

Too bad they haven't even started filming the 2nd season.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #227
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Hey! We can't get outta this building, good thing I've been carrying around this grenade in my bag and just remembered I had it!

I like this show as a bit of escapism, but it sorta takes itself too seriously to have such mediocre (at times) writing.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #228
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

Yeah, how the hell do you forget about a gernade. Especially in the type of world they live in. If I was Rick and came into possesion of a gernade at some point then didn't have it anymore I'd be asking "Hey, What the hell happened to that gernade!?!" at least a few times...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #229
bagelred
Stare

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

I like this show as a bit of escapism, but it sorta takes itself too seriously to have such mediocre (at times) writing.

The writing is a little mediocre. Maybe that's why he fired his writers.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #230
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

definitely decided this show is not for me. the writing is one culprit, but the acting is another. maybe i was just in a mood to criticize last night, but i watched 5 (to catch up) and 6, and it wasn't even passable to me. and that goes for pretty much everyone on the show. it completely took me out of it after having a couple of nice moments in the first couple episodes.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #231
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Night_Elf
Yeah, how the hell do you forget about a gernade. Especially in the type of world they live in. If I was Rick and came into possesion of a gernade at some point then didn't have it anymore I'd be asking "Hey, What the hell happened to that gernade!?!" at least a few times...

I can see how he forgot. He obtained that grenade in Ep 1 or early in 2. He got it from the tank I believe but then had to ditch that place when the pizza kid contacted him. Then a lot of stuff happen between that time. The whole escaping the building, finding out his family is still alive, going back for the weapons then dueling it out with Felipe's group, and then returning home to find the camp crawling with walkers and half their people dead. Not to mention we learn that sound draws them in, so that rules out using the grenade due to not wanting anymore crawlers in their area than there already are.

So I can sort of see how it may slip one's mind.

Last edited by Captain Kirk : 12-06-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #232
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
yes. i also thought about that. i'm almost sure of it now.
Same. The blood test probably showed it. If there was any to estimate a date of conception or anything like that through the test, the scientist probably told him it wasn't his.

The entire scene in the control room once the timer hit 30 was as intense of a scene as I've seen. The musical score, the panic among the survivors, the kids crying and the scientist's calm rationalizing of their situation. Amazingly tense atmosphere.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #233
Patrick Chewing
Banned

Finale was a bit of a bummer, but maybe they weren't expecting such success early on.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #234
vapid
Paranoid Android

That whisper was a fcking cop out. I'm really glad Andrea survived hopefully she can turn out to be at least half the bad ass she is in the comic.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #235
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
That whisper was a fcking cop out. I'm really glad Andrea survived hopefully she can turn out to be at least half the bad ass she is in the comic.

I was leary of the finale going in because I didn't like the idea of them being sealed up. I had high hopes when they were on the road getting there, and that turned out a little dissapointing. But it worked pretty well. I like Noah Emerich, he's usually pretty good.

I sort of agree that it's a little surprising he forgot the grenade. I mean, he went back into Atlanta for a bag of guns. He's been keeping tabs on his weapons since then, doling them out to the nursing home gang, and willing to play hardball over them in negotiating over the asian kid he felt so indebted to. Arguing over just how many he gave up once learning the truth of their situation. The point is he's kept track of the weapons, so I'm a little surprised he would forget the grenade. But all that said, I didn't even think of it until I read this, and it didn't bother me much.

I look forward to more of the group dynamic next year. And I like the idea of them on the road. It allows them to explore more landscape. More encounters.

I agree that the countdown scene was tense.

Brooks I'm surprised you find that much fault in the characters. They're by no means brilliant, but it is more plot driven than character. Some of the side group is a little one note for sure. I find Shane to be a little hokey personally. But Rick and his wife have been pretty good for my money. And the blond girl has been pretty convincingly devastated. Even the hillbilly is pretty well handled. The old hippy guy is rounding out, even though it's a character I'm not crazy about, he's been pretty consistent to his character so far.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #236
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

Brooks I'm surprised you find that much fault in the characters. They're by no means brilliant, but it is more plot driven than character. Some of the side group is a little one note for sure. I find Shane to be a little hokey personally. But Rick and his wife have been pretty good for my money. And the blond girl has been pretty convincingly devastated. Even the hillbilly is pretty well handled. The old hippy guy is rounding out, even though it's a character I'm not crazy about, he's been pretty consistent to his character so far.

It's not so much the characters, but the acting that bothered me last night. Even Grimes' actor got on my nerves. It just didn't click with me when all was said and done, and I don't watch a lot of TV shows, so this isn't something that I'll pick back up with next year.

I do think they should cram some work in and do another season in 6 months if it's going to be another 6-episode series. If it's going to be a full 12-episode season, then I understand the wait.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #237
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

I found the first season to be a massive disappointment. The pilot was the most solid episode and it still felt lacking, like I've seen all these characters and scenarios before, only now they're less interesting. Total snore-fest for me. I'll keep watching next season only because zombies have so much potential to be kick ass.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #238
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I found the first season to be a massive disappointment. The pilot was the most solid episode and it still felt lacking, like I've seen all these characters and scenarios before, only now they're less interesting. Total snore-fest for me. I'll keep watching next season only because zombies have so much potential to be kick ass.
I actually fell the same way, dont know if its because the story is to slow paced for me, or as you said Ive seen this before, so its nothing new. But Ive always been interested in Zombies so hopefully the long wait next year doesnt disappoint.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #239
alenleomessi
W

Am i the only one that find Andrea attractive?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #240
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Am i the only one that find Andrea attractive?

I'd take her for a walk around the block.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: