Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #301
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Maybe just because I'm a Lost fan, but I really enjoyed the flashback. Less about the kid, and more about the tension between her and Shane. There should be many more of them.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #302
DFish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensdevil
rick is an idiot, first he leaves the little girl by herself, and tells her to find the road by herself, and then he allows his son to approach a wild animal (dont give a **** if its a buck, deer or whatever), and THEN, he also suggests to leave his dying son just to tell his wife what happened, instead of ensuring the kid has enough blood. that episode pissed me off, and almost turned me off from this show completely. i'll give next week a chance...

Yeah, it's a very stupid thing to do. Even if he hadn't gotten shot, a buck/deer like that can seriously mess up an adult human, especially a kid no less.
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #303
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Maybe just because I'm a Lost fan, but I really enjoyed the flashback. Less about the kid, and more about the tension between her and Shane. There should be many more of them.

I completely agree. The flashback was a really nice touch, and I'd like to see more stuff like that. The webisodes they have on the site with the zombie stories, where they give you a background story on a zombie going through their change. And I'm a big Lost fan too.

I sort of liked last nights. I like the smaller atmosphere moments, like TDog seeing the blood spattered baby seat.

I thought the random walker attack on the blond chick was really well shot.

I do look forward to them continuing to flesh out those other characters rather than it just turning into Rick/Shane/Wife/Kid. But it's only the second episode.

I also like where it's heading, with that house being filled up with new people to learn about, new info to get, and the inevitable defending of the house against a swarm.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #304
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

The one thing that's starting to bother me is the speed of the zombies. There's always the one in front of the pack that seems to be jogging and the rest are on some serious power walk trip.

In the comic, characters would get surrounded by a few zombies and they could be fought off or killed cause they were all slow shamblers. That added alot of tension on page.

I can understand some of the less decomposed ones being able to walk faster, but on the show they all seem to be a little too fast.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #305
DFish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
The one thing that's starting to bother me is the speed of the zombies. There's always the one in front of the pack that seems to be jogging and the rest are on some serious power walk trip.

In the comic, characters would get surrounded by a few zombies and they could be fought off or killed cause they were all slow shamblers. That added alot of tension on page.

I can understand some of the less decomposed ones being able to walk faster, but on the show they all seem to be a little too fast.

Yeah, I noticed that they've become inordinately fast this season.

The gang used to be able to use clever flanking tactics to escape from being trapped by the walkers. Now it's just run for your life as fast as you can.
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #306
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I really hope they kill off the blonde girl soon. Brings nothing to story apart from to be a bitch to Dale, who along with Darrell, are interesting characters who need to be followed more.

Since Lost has been mentioned and I'm also a massive fan of Lost, I'll add that, maybe because Lost was so character driven and had many interesting characters, I'm feeling a bit distant from Walking Dead. If we got more Dale, Darrell, T-Dog and find out what happened to Merle, I'd be really happy.

Some characters are being forgotten about due to the massive amount of time spent on Rick, Lori, Shane and Karl. Which, isn't going anywhere fast.

I was watching the episode and thinking, they'll save Karl by the end of the episode only to check and realise that there was only about 10 minutes left. I couldn't believe how much time they wasted in this episode. It's just taking up too much time.

I'm kind of looking forward to the next, but at the same time I'm not. Especially with Shane and Otis now trapped. We're gonna get atleast half an episodes worth of Rick and Lori pacing back and forth in that house, saying oh no.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #307
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

I'm not seeing T-Dogg really contributing much to the story yet. Could he be infected? If not, I think he's gonna become zombie chow. Why doesn't he use his real name by the way?

It's gonna be interesting to see what'll happen if Merle comes back and puts Darrell in a tough situation....him or the group?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #308
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I'm not seeing T-Dogg really contributing much to the story yet. Could he be infected? If not, I think he's gonna become zombie chow. Why doesn't he use his real name by the way?

It's gonna be interesting to see what'll happen if Merle comes back and puts Darrell in a tough situation....him or the group?
there is a derrel-centric episode coming up that will show his background and some trauma in his past that shows why he is so loyal to his brother.

i'm going to take a stab at it and guess that darrel was molested or abused by his father and merle saved him.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #309
DaHeezy
College star

Did anybody notice that when the chick came in on the horse she automatically knew which one was Lori?

And with Darrell re-using his arrows to both kill zombies and catch dinner, I wonder how they don't get infected?
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #310
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Did anybody notice that when the chick came in on the horse she automatically knew which one was Lori?

And with Darrell re-using his arrows to both kill zombies and catch dinner, I wonder how they don't get infected?
Actually she didn't.

She was looking at Andrea and just shouting for Lori. It wasn't until Lori said, 'I'm Lori', that she knew.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #311
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy

I thought she just called out Lori's name a couple of times and then Lori answered. Either that or Rick described his wife....nobody else looks like her.

Maybe he has two sets of arrows. They need to be more careful with infection and also explaining it to the watching audience. How about when they were elbow deep in zombie guts?....one scratch on your hands and zombie fluids spells doom.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #312
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

She didn't know who Lori was. She asked the blonde first, then asked the rest of the group.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #313
DaHeezy
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Actually she didn't.

She was looking at Andrea and just shouting for Lori. It wasn't until Lori said, 'I'm Lori', that she knew.

Ok, I wasn't paying attention too closely during that part.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #314
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Honestly, my biggest gripe has to be the fact that they established the smell thing last season, and now it just doesn't seem to exist at all. I'm totally willing to suspend my sense of belief for any good story, so long as the author is consistent. Once they break their own established premises, I tend to lose grip.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #315
Phong
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Honestly, my biggest gripe has to be the fact that they established the smell thing last season, and now it just doesn't seem to exist at all. I'm totally willing to suspend my sense of belief for any good story, so long as the author is consistent. Once they break their own established premises, I tend to lose grip.
Their sense of smell is only secondary to their senses of sight and hearing. They don't grow extra olfactory receptors as zombies. Once the zombies have spotted something, then they can smell if the thing is dead or alive.
Phong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: