Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #301
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Walking Dead

You are retarded if you expect anything other than gore, relentless killing and gritty suspense from a zombie show. So dont come here bitching about how mindless or not plausible this show is since its not supposed to be. I watch this for its extreme violence and suspense and I ****n love it.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:32 AM   #302
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
I'm thinking the church bells attracted random zombies in the area, once they got there there was nothing to eat so they just sorta stopped. the bells going off every hour probably keeps them from wandering off.

Episode stated that zombies sometimes fall into routine if they are not feeding. Hence the black women zombie kept on trying to go home. The zombies looked like church regulars. They most likely routinely visited
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #303
Mex-Laker
I hit open 5-footers

Mex-Laker has no real reputation yet.

Anyone watched today´s episode ?

Thought it was so boring...
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:54 AM   #304
Ben Jordan
Good High School Starter

Ben Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex-Laker
Anyone watched today´s episode ?

Thought it was so boring...
Yeah it was real slow. Let's have the kid die and move on
Ben Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:02 AM   #305
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jordan
Yeah it was real slow. Let's have the kid die and move on
For real. They need to thin the herd anyway. Shift the focus to Darrell.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:51 AM   #306
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I'm not one for gratuitous action on screen, but I wouldn't mind a little less melodrama/emotional displays and a little more situational action.

The first season had more suspense and tension.
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:55 AM   #307
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i hate all the crying, bla bla bla we have to go back, we have to find this that, grow some fcking balls its the freakin zombie apocalypse
it was the most boring episode of the show for sure, and while i like the show, i dont like the characters except darryl, like someone said the show should focus on him more, and lets see what happened to his brother, and to the black guy and his son
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #308
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Starting to not like a lot of the characters. Rick is OK, double crossing cheating wife, Shane is an attempted rapist, the blonde chick (need I say more), chinese guy has been invisible, you could go on about most of them.

I'm ready for the Darrell, T-Dog, and old guy show.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #309
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

rick is an idiot, first he leaves the little girl by herself, and tells her to find the road by herself, and then he allows his son to approach a wild animal (dont give a **** if its a buck, deer or whatever), and THEN, he also suggests to leave his dying son just to tell his wife what happened, instead of ensuring the kid has enough blood. that episode pissed me off, and almost turned me off from this show completely. i'll give next week a chance...
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #310
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

they need to spend a little more time on the other characters who are actually very interesting. make the show more character driven, which is what it was always about. add in a few gore moments here and there but stress on darryl, the black guy, the old guy and the chinese guy and darryl's brother. and also the black guy and his son in episode 1 of the show.

maybe have flashbacks so we get to know a little more about these characters.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #311
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maybe just because I'm a Lost fan, but I really enjoyed the flashback. Less about the kid, and more about the tension between her and Shane. There should be many more of them.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #312
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensdevil
rick is an idiot, first he leaves the little girl by herself, and tells her to find the road by herself, and then he allows his son to approach a wild animal (dont give a **** if its a buck, deer or whatever), and THEN, he also suggests to leave his dying son just to tell his wife what happened, instead of ensuring the kid has enough blood. that episode pissed me off, and almost turned me off from this show completely. i'll give next week a chance...

Yeah, it's a very stupid thing to do. Even if he hadn't gotten shot, a buck/deer like that can seriously mess up an adult human, especially a kid no less.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #313
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Maybe just because I'm a Lost fan, but I really enjoyed the flashback. Less about the kid, and more about the tension between her and Shane. There should be many more of them.

I completely agree. The flashback was a really nice touch, and I'd like to see more stuff like that. The webisodes they have on the site with the zombie stories, where they give you a background story on a zombie going through their change. And I'm a big Lost fan too.

I sort of liked last nights. I like the smaller atmosphere moments, like TDog seeing the blood spattered baby seat.

I thought the random walker attack on the blond chick was really well shot.

I do look forward to them continuing to flesh out those other characters rather than it just turning into Rick/Shane/Wife/Kid. But it's only the second episode.

I also like where it's heading, with that house being filled up with new people to learn about, new info to get, and the inevitable defending of the house against a swarm.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #314
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

The one thing that's starting to bother me is the speed of the zombies. There's always the one in front of the pack that seems to be jogging and the rest are on some serious power walk trip.

In the comic, characters would get surrounded by a few zombies and they could be fought off or killed cause they were all slow shamblers. That added alot of tension on page.

I can understand some of the less decomposed ones being able to walk faster, but on the show they all seem to be a little too fast.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #315
DFish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
The one thing that's starting to bother me is the speed of the zombies. There's always the one in front of the pack that seems to be jogging and the rest are on some serious power walk trip.

In the comic, characters would get surrounded by a few zombies and they could be fought off or killed cause they were all slow shamblers. That added alot of tension on page.

I can understand some of the less decomposed ones being able to walk faster, but on the show they all seem to be a little too fast.

Yeah, I noticed that they've become inordinately fast this season.

The gang used to be able to use clever flanking tactics to escape from being trapped by the walkers. Now it's just run for your life as fast as you can.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: