Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #331
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I don't really agree. Where are they gonna tell them to stay? Are you just gonna lock the kid in the motor home. I wouldn't be a big fan of letting my kids run around far away from base camp, but they'd have to be able to get some kind of running around within view of the adults. On the road like they are now in season 2, where can they put the kids? There is no safer place than the other. The whole reason they're in the woods is because they were attacked by a pack of zombies on the road. I probably wouldn't have let the son go on with dad and deputy. That said, if I were to choose which group is the strongest, sheriff and deputy or everyone else. I'm sticking with sheriff and deputy 100% of the time.

YES you lock them up in the motor home. And NO they don't need to 'run around', this aint a playground nor is it regular walk in the park.

Now... i understand that they took them down, fine. But they let the f*ckers wander around, and for the adults to just tell them "stay within my eye sight" and that's it? knowing full well the dangers around them? c'mon plain stupid and lazy writing. A sane grown up would tell them "you are NOT going anywhere you are staying right here with me." I saw the kids wander around on their own way out of their parent's eye sight and their parents just carried on.

And to let the boy go into the woods was also idiotic, cops or no cops. They KNEW it could be a dangerous mission. The boy would've been better off with the 'group'.

I'm glad the boy got shot, unfortunately the lil f*cker is gonna survive.

Writers better step it up, instead of focusing too much on the father crying. Yeah... yeah... I understand, but did they have to focus 80% of the time on his crying? We get it, it's been established a billion times that you love your family and your boy, we knew this since the pilot.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:38 AM   #332
DuMa
Canned

s1 was good. s2 is getting shitty. ****ing way too slow storylines and im cringing everytime one of the chicks starts sobbing and shit. also cringing everytime they make a prayer to god. religion does not need a major part in this show...

needs more daryl and t-dog. and im really ****ing sick of all the women characters except for rick's wife.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:45 AM   #333
bluechox2
#knickstape

bullet 1 carl 0
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #334
bada bing
College star

so it seems this show has had a lot of writer/show runner changes after season 1. that could be the main reason why this show has gone down a little so far. its never a good thing when a show has soo many dramatic changes in a row after only a season.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #335
Jackass18
The Iron Price

I knew that dude was going to do something shady. It makes the story all the more interesting. I hope they stop focusing so much on the kids now.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:21 AM   #336
DuMa
Canned

goood episode. at least they are making some freaking progress. shane just moved up to be my favorite character. he knows what it takes for survival.

spoilers

otis was dead weight anyway. too fat to move. tried too hard to make up for shooting carl and failed by being too slow and fat. shane pushed it as far as he could go with the team of him and otis, but it became more and more obvious if one of them wanted to survive and get carl the help he needed, otis was gonna have to go down and give shane time to get away.

redhead is cute as hell too.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:35 AM   #337
DaHeezy
College superstar

The show is back on course!

Spoiler

I actually was thinking that all week. Use the fatty as bait, herd could eat for days. Small price to get the show going. I thought the zombie hanging in the forrest was a cool scene. And yes, I agree with Darrell, that was a waste of an arrow.
If the chinese guy hooks up with the hottie it will make every character interesting
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 AM   #338
DuMa
Canned

team shane
Old 10-31-2011, 09:08 AM   #339
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

*SPOILERS*

As soon as Shane came back on his own, I knew he was responsible for Otis' death and not the fact that Otis got caught.

I do think the last 2 episodes could have been rolled into one or atleast one and a half episodes. There's still too much just standing around and doing nothing. Hopefully now that the kid is alright, things start to pick to pick up.

They just need to forget about the girl (and Karl), because, as Lori mentioned in the episode, this is no world for kids (actually the only useful thing she's said all series). Get rid of them or atleast stop focusing on them so much and get this shit rolling.

Also, fuck Andrea!
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 AM   #340
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

anyone know of a free site to watch season 2? they seem to go out of their way taking down whatever free links are out there :P

pisses me off since they have S2 premiere but everything after that is blacked out due to copyright
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #341
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Sidereel
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #342
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
anyone know of a free site to watch season 2? they seem to go out of their way taking down whatever free links are out there :P

pisses me off since they have S2 premiere but everything after that is blacked out due to copyright

http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.im/inde...ing-dead-2010/

Download Divx player if you don't have it already and you're golden.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #343
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

I wasn't as horrifically disappointed with that second episode as most people. Not that it didn't feel like a bit of stall, it did. But it also felt like it was a big set up. They needed another maguffin. Another reason to do something. Carl being shot was that driving force. It maybe wasn't the best causal occurence, but it served it's purpose. It opened Rick up as a character. Led to the flashbacks. And gave a legitimate purpose in going to get supplies, which led to the defining character change of the season in Shane. That scene was supurbly handled too. When he was looking at the marks on him, particularly the one on his head, it seemed as if he may have been bit or scratched and was possibly turning. Handling the escape through flashback like that was great. And the hanging zombie was some really well done meta-psych stuff, allowing for some more background on the guy too.

I still see that house coming under seige as a very real possibility. It's just too good a set piece.

I can totally envision Shane using this act of bravery/insanity to try and prove that he's better for Carl than Rick is to Lori. In fact, if Rick's blood type didn't match Carl's, I'd be seriously thinking that Carl is in fact secretly Shane's son and seeing that story play out in flashbacks.

Also, it seems inevitable that the two groups of survivors wind up turning on each other at some point, perhaps over some suspicion of what happened with Shane and Otis, and you get a small parable on our nature for survival as we turn on each other.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #344
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.im/inde...ing-dead-2010/

Download Divx player if you don't have it already and you're golden.

thx
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #345
alenleomessi
W

Except for the ending the episode was pretty empty
More screen time for Daryl god dammit !
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: