Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-25-2011, 02:38 AM   #331
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Hey asshole, this is a thread for the TV Show; leave all future or possible content not already in TV show out of this thread.

Hey Michael Berryman, they are clearly deviating from the comics. You should be prepared for plots and events being spoiled when even entering these kinds of threads. Comparisons will inevitably be made. Stop crying.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #332
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Hey Michael Berryman, they are clearly deviating from the comics. You should be prepared for plots and events being spoiled when even entering these kinds of threads. Comparisons will inevitably be made. Stop crying.

No, that's not how these threads go, and I highly doubt they will deviate from a major plot line in the comics. They haven't yet.

Stop being an idiot.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #333
bluechox2
#knickstape

i like it cause its a zombie show but they really need to pick up the pace,
the last episode was mostly 40 mins of getting 1 bullet out of carl and rick pacing about the house whining to get lori to see carl and pacing about some more with lori, and a couple transfusions
and then finally something new in the last few mins where they get equipment only to get stuck in the building.
when i started it i thought carl would have been saved halfway through.

but i guess theres not much of a story going forward so their trying to milk it badly
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #334
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

WTF only one zombie was killed during the entire episode? I'm getting sick of crying moms and dads and in trouble little kids. The non-white characters serve no purpose and they are there just to be there it seems. When was the last time Glenn contributed? let me see he brought a challenger to be ripped apart for spares? T-Dog has been a liability this season, he tore some major veins in his forearm like a clumsy little scared kid and had to be rescued by the good Samaritan red-neck who is so misunderstood...
The show should lose some of the characters and boost up the amount of action and gore by a great extend. People watch zombie shows for relentless killing and gore and suspense.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #335
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
WTF only one zombie was killed during the entire episode? I'm getting sick of crying moms and dads and in trouble little kids. The non-white characters serve no purpose and they are there just to be there it seems. When was the last time Glenn contributed? let me see he brought a challenger to be ripped apart for spares? T-Dog has been a liability this season, he tore some major veins in his forearm like a clumsy little scared kid and had to be rescued by the good Samaritan red-neck who is so misunderstood...
The show should lose some of the characters and boost up the amount of action and gore by a great extend. People watch zombie shows for relentless killing and gore and suspense.
Then they shouldn't be watching the Walking Dead, because that's not what it's about it.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #336
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

I don't get the Lost comparison. Lost was a great mystery for the first few seasons and then turned into a terrible sci-fi show.

The Walking Dead (while having been boring so far this season) is a SciFi/horror show. Until this show introduces time travel, i'll continue giving it a chance.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #337
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Then they shouldn't be watching the Walking Dead, because that's not what it's about it.
Then What it's about it?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #338
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Then What it's about it?
The survival of this group of people. I think there has been a lot of suspense in this show as well. That entire highway sequence in the season 2 opener was really tense, IMO.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #339
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Then What it's about it?
Like Qwyjibo said, it's about the survival of the group. The growing tensions and relationships in the group.

See T-Dogg and Darrell or Dale and Andrea or the Rick/Shane/Lori triangle.

It's character driven. Hence the Lost comparison (for Loneshot).

The characters just aren't as rich and fulfilling as the characters from Lost. I wish the writers of the WD would just build the characters more, rather than doing what they did this previous episode and just have an hour devoted to that stupid kid.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #340
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
The Walking Dead
AMC has announced that the show will be back for a third season. There's no word yet on how many episodes are in the third season order, but thirteen seems like the most reasonable guess until we hear otherwise.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #341
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Like Qwyjibo said, it's about the survival of the group. The growing tensions and relationships in the group.

The characters just aren't as rich and fulfilling as the characters from Lost. I wish the writers of the WD would just build the characters more, rather than doing what they did this previous episode and just have an hour devoted to that stupid kid.
also, the original writer is off the show now. the first episode of season 2 was his last one
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #342
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
also, the original writer is off the show now. the first episode of season 2 was his last one
Well then, that explains it.

The first episode, whilst a bit slow, had some really good moments. That entire highway scene, was brilliant.

The second episode, completely pointless.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #343
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Well then, that explains it.

The first episode, whilst a bit slow, had some really good moments. That entire highway scene, was brilliant.

The second episode, completely pointless.

kinda agree. we did see a big dip from episode 1 to episode 2. hopefully the show picks up
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #344
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The survival of this group of people. I think there has been a lot of suspense in this show as well. That entire highway sequence in the season 2 opener was really tense, IMO.
yup it shows how we would deal in a scenario humans cant control, its not the generic zombie flick, which is why Im psyched for Z wars Next yr.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #345
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:

So you think characters from Lost were fulfilling and rich? Just because they shoved background stories the size of war and peace for each character down the viewer's throat it does not make them round and dynamic. But then again you are among the retards who still cling to the delusion that Lost actually went somewhere even after that awful final season and conclusion. I dont blame you since you probably have not picked up a book more challenging than a zombie comic or some detective story.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: