Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #46
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Don't quote his post.^

Yes, I completely agree on that. It's small, almost insignificant, though.
Oh agreed, not like it ruined it for me or anything, but in such an almost perfect premiere it just stuck out to me It can easily be explained away, we still don't really know how long this has been going on other than some passing references. Obviously been long enough for her to do that thing with that guy Rick knows, so I guess it could "just have been so long I didn't..."
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #47
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Oh agreed, not like it ruined it for me or anything, but in such an almost perfect premiere it just stuck out to me It can easily be explained away, we still don't really know how long this has been going on other than some passing references. Obviously been long enough for her to do that thing with that guy Rick knows, so I guess it could "just have been so long I didn't..."

True. I don't think It's been very long, definitely not years, maybe not even a year. A few weeks or months sounds about right. Remember the attitude of the son, he still obviously has his father fresh in his mind and isn't OK with seeing his mother with another man.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #48
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Plus we've got to take into account (because zombie flicks are grounded in reality) how long a guy in a coma could survive with no one there. The guy with the son said it'd been a month since the gas ran out when they showered, I'm no civil engineer but I'd say gas'd last a couple weeks? I'm thinking it's been maybe 8-10 weeks since D-Day.

PS: I think I'm gonna dump Dexter for this. That show's clearly run its' course.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #49
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Plus we've got to take into account (because zombie flicks are grounded in reality) how long a guy in a coma could survive with no one there. The guy with the son said it'd been a month since the gas ran out when they showered, I'm no civil engineer but I'd say gas'd last a couple weeks? I'm thinking it's been maybe 8-10 weeks since D-Day.

PS: I think I'm gonna dump Dexter for this. That show's clearly run its' course.

Yup, I thought of that too. How did he survive without water/fluids so long? The human body can only go like 5 days without water.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #50
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Yup, I thought of that too. How did he survive without water/fluids so long? The human body can only go like 5 days without water.
Well the hospital looked like they used it as a makeshift shelter for awhile. All the disposed of walkers out in the parking lot, the marked barricaded door with all of them behind it. For at least a little while I'm assuming there were people there to tend to him after it all started.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #51
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Another thing that bothered me, in white, is: his wife is already hooking up with his partner after just 8 weeks or so? Or was that supposedly happening before the zombie's started? That was just strange to me.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #52
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Response in white.

Weren't they talking about it in the police car? about his marriage problems. Something like she told him she didn't even care right infront of his kid? My guess was his friend and her hooked up after but there marriage was on the rocks before that.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #53
sayitaintso
Serious playground baller

sayitaintso has no real reputation yet.

I can't wait till Rick Grimes meets up with his sheriff buddy, his wife and kid because someone's going to get their *** kicked.
sayitaintso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #54
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gonna start it in the next hour or so; kinda excited.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #55
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Response in white.

I guess. I don't know. Just thought that was strange. We'll find out more as we go along about the relationships.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #56
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I guess. I don't know. Just thought that was strange. We'll find out more as we go along about the relationships.

Ya I'm guessing that's a main plot point. I'd also guess it takes awhile for it to actually come into play too.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #57
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
. One thing that bugged me though...[Spoiler Deleted] ....but c'mon.

That part is the only one that made me go 'waaait wouldnt that person know...'. It was a minor point tho and im not sure if thats what happened in the comic book. But im thinking, this show is pretty great if thats the only thing that felt off.. it would basically ruined the most important portion of that episode.. its meh...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #58
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Another thing that bothered me, in white, is:

Response in white: From the comic book and what I remember. She thinks her husband is dead and Shane takes advantage of her loneliness/weakness and goes in for some pipe laying. Next to her son, Shane is probably the next closest person she knows that's still around.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #59
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I enjoyed it. I like the fact that it doesn't stray too far from the source material. It will only get better...just like the comic did.

I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with them introducing characters that aren't in the comic. From previews I know of one. Hopefully it's only one or a couple at most.

Here's a good interview with Robert Kirkman, the creator of the comic, and what he feels about the tv show:

http://comics.ign.com/articles/113/1131506p1.html

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 11-02-2010 at 07:38 PM.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #60
bagelred
Weird

On a related topic, where can I find the first season of Breaking Bad without having to buy the DVD? Didn't see it on Hulu....full episodes I mean.....ideas?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: