Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #616
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Anybody thinking this season has been lame is dead wrong (though it is all opinion).

I think the lead up to Sophie being in the barn was warranted considering they have a long season and they had to really drag out Herschel's p.o.v. that him seeing "walkers" as people/ his family was justified considering the point of the story was to draw viewers in to the search for Sophie who was actually alive last we'd seen.

She had a personality/ etc. so her being turned into a walker gave another aspect of the plight which is walkers are people (Herschel's philosophy) which was hard to do considering we'd never seen that aspect (except for Andrea' sister but her story was so quick it was hard to connect to her).

I felt bad fo' real, and I really felt bad for Rick cause he was the one who probably feels the most responsible for her.

Damn that was a great episode I was SUPER SAD when Sophie walked outta the barn.

I really like this season...appears I'm in the minority though.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #617
DuMa
Canned

well damn 2 month break. i hate this shit already.

but at least they wrapped up the dragging sophia storyline. now the 2nd half of the season can start fresh with something better i hope. the previews looked like they were all still on the barn or looking for different housing in those suburbs.

and i was really expecting shane to kill dale. the man pointed a gun at you shane and you walk away? at least shane was the man that instigated all the shootings at the walkers in the barn. proving by now what we already knew, shane is the most interesting character on the show.

Last edited by DuMa : 11-27-2011 at 11:33 PM.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #618
DaHeezy
College superstar

Great show today.

WTF did Dale think he was doing? Hiding Shane's guns was a pretty douchey move. He's an idiot with his dogooder buttinski act.

Did Carl somehow hit puberty out of his operation?

The Sophia set-up was well executed. Did I predict that?
DaHeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #619
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

What sucks for the mom is this:

"What exactly does she have to live for now?"

Her a-hole husband is dead and now her sweet little girl got offed.

She's really got nothin' to look forward to.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:07 AM   #620
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Well done episode. Obviously the best of the season, but you kind of expected they would try to put together a good one for the mid season finale. I really liked the tension build up and full development of Shane. We have known his true personality for some time, but it has come out and I love it. He is really making this show.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #621
Turkododo
I rule the local playground

am i the only one that finds maggie extremely sexable with that country accent and those big eyes? i would hit that during a zombie apocalypse.
Turkododo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #622
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
well damn 2 month break. i hate this shit already.

but at least they wrapped up the dragging sophia storyline. now the 2nd half of the season can start fresh with something better i hope. the previews looked like they were all still on the barn or looking for different housing in those suburbs.

and i was really expecting shane to kill dale. the man pointed a gun at you shane and you walk away? at least shane was the man that instigated all the shootings at the walkers in the barn. proving by now what we already knew, shane is the most interesting character on the show.

I didn't think it would happen because Dale is a main character in this show and his personality conflict with Shane is very engaging. Maybe it happens later on, but they will continue to milk their relationship.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #623
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

That was very satisfying. There was more character and story development in this one episode than in the past four combined.

- Rick's mind has to be destroyed right now. He left Sophia and now he finished her off.

- I'm glad the show still isn't pulling any punches. Killing kids can be a taboo thing for TV. This is a scary and messed up world this show is portraying and this was a good way to hammer that fact in.

- Shane going Rambo is interesting because it'll be a nice contrast to the more rational members of the group (Dale, Glen, Rick... sorta).

- This entire "they are people" thing with Herschel should be a bigger issue. What if you're just bitten and not torn apart and you turn? Is there absolutely no hope for being cured? How is the brain affected? I'd honestly be hesitant to kill everyone I once knew if I had a temporary solution like the barn.

- I'm not sure what angle the writers are going for with Dale. He should be the calm rational one in the group but his behaviour has been off, IMO.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:07 AM   #624
Mex-Laker
Decent playground baller

Wow... what a great episode that was... finally we get to see some freaking action on this series.... that drama was great...
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:15 AM   #625
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

poor Sophia.

BTW am I the only one who would have no problems taking out a zombie no matter who it was?

I know there's a sentimental/family connection if it was your mom, dad, bro, sis, son, daughter etc but c'mon lets get real...if they were freakin' undead flesh-eaters, would any of you hesitate/refuse to kill them? BTW no cure so dont give me that I'll lock them up until a cure was found.

If you would then good luck if this actually ever happens...lol.

Anyhow, pretty good episode considering how long the Sophia storyline dragged out...I didnt expect her to come out the barn...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:31 AM   #626
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
poor Sophia.

BTW am I the only one who would have no problems taking out a zombie no matter who it was?

I know there's a sentimental/family connection if it was your mom, dad, bro, sis, son, daughter etc but c'mon lets get real...if they were freakin' undead flesh-eaters, would any of you hesitate/refuse to kill them? BTW no cure so dont give me that I'll lock them up until a cure was found.

If you would then good luck if this actually ever happens...lol.

Anyhow, pretty good episode considering how long the Sophia storyline dragged out...I didnt expect her to come out the barn...

Well, I think if this situation was real, and we were living in a world with zombies roaming around, you would have a lot different perspective and it probably would be harder to cap your mom in the face.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:44 AM   #627
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Well, I think if this situation was real, and we were living in a world with zombies roaming around, you would have a lot different perspective and it probably would be harder to cap your mom in the face.

I think just the opposite. I'm sure most ppl would be hardened to losing friends and family if this were true, desensitized.

Sure it'd suck big-time, tears would be shed, but I wouldn't do how they do in the movies/shows which is usually; shock, followed up by idle standing in disbelief, shaky hands with the finger on the trigger, and then either pulling it at the very last second or getting infected.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #628
$LakerGold

Damn, that was such an epic episode... Shane's a bad ass character! To be honest I think I cried a lil bit when Rick shot Sophia :)
--They'll air the next episode on February 12.... 2 month break for season 2.
Gotta love 'The Walking Dead'.

THE DEF ACED THIS EPISODE. The last episode made up for the last 6..

And Damn, I got the chills when Shane finally stepped up to the plate and confronted herschel about the zombies..... When he shot the zombie - I WAS LIKE YEAHHHHH!! TELL HIM!!!!

SO LETS JUST SAY THAT IM STARTIN TO DIG HIS CHARACTER... SO BAD ASS!
---------
For the people that missed last night's episode. ep7
http://www.putlocker.com/file/1B27C5F799337253#

* Click Free User *

Last edited by $LakerGold : 11-28-2011 at 06:39 AM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #629
$LakerGold

Lightbulb Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJakk
Anybody thinking this season has been lame is dead wrong (though it is all opinion).

I think the lead up to Sophie being in the barn was warranted considering they have a long season and they had to really drag out Herschel's p.o.v. that him seeing "walkers" as people/ his family was justified considering the point of the story was to draw viewers in to the search for Sophie who was actually alive last we'd seen.

She had a personality/ etc. so her being turned into a walker gave another aspect of the plight which is walkers are people (Herschel's philosophy) which was hard to do considering we'd never seen that aspect (except for Andrea' sister but her story was so quick it was hard to connect to her).

I felt bad fo' real, and I really felt bad for Rick cause he was the one who probably feels the most responsible for her.

Damn that was a great episode I was SUPER SAD when Sophie walked outta the barn.

I really like this season...appears I'm in the minority though.

THAT IS SO TRUE BRO... I TOTALLY AGREE 100%.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:48 AM   #630
$LakerGold

So, Ima watch the whole Season 1 again for now.

There are some parts that I couldnt remember.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: