Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #616
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I thought that's what Lori's annoying rants were for.

lori is just acting like an irrational woman, lol. i don't even dislike it because it makes sense from that perspective. she's been acting rash and out of emotion. takes the pills before rick gets back in a quick decision, then makes herself puke in regret, therefore also wasting the pills for the 'final decision'. then she leaves all the damn pill boxes opened up in the tent for anyone to find and of course, rick see it. rick wants to be an optimist and please everybody. lori sees more of the reality of the situation and shane is even more bleak about it. if lori and rick decide to tell herschel, he'll probably help deliver the baby. i'm not sure i can handle another season of petty fights and arguments on the farm...

daryl is the most resourceful and the best suited at survival imo. he just doesn't get caught up in pointless bs. give everyone a rubber band, flashlight, parachute and 2x4 and i put my money on daryl surviving.

they just need to advance these storylines quicker and make these relationships a little less cliche and add more depth.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 11-23-2011 at 08:06 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #617
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

yea lori's the most annoying character on the show IMO

i bet that spoiler is the cliffhanger....i agree it would suck if they used it as that and didn't get into it before the break but it would be more shocking if it wasn't with how they're milking it...

i'd have to assume that was purposely leaked to counter a lot of the complaints about S2, otherwise its a pretty big spoiler to have leaked.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #618
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
lori sees more of the reality of the situation

She doesn't see the reality of the situation. She just has a short-sighted view of it. Humans would die off if everyone shared her view.

Quote:
daryl is the most resourceful and the best suited at survival imo.

I'd say Shane, but he'll probably get some sort of comeuppance along the way. Daryl is more likely to put himself in harm's way for others. Shane is the type that will do anything to survive even if it means ****ing other people over.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #619
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
She doesn't see the reality of the situation. She just has a short-sighted view of it. Humans would die off if everyone shared her view.

I'd say Shane, but he'll probably get some sort of comeuppance along the way. Daryl is more likely to put himself in harm's way for others. Shane is the type that will do anything to survive even if it means ****ing other people over.

shane also doesn't realize when it's smart to rely on others. in a post apocalyptic world, that's important. daryl is usually thinking one step ahead and is usually prepared even if he goes solo. in shane's world, he'd just withdraw rather than get emotionally attached to people. this is all mostly hypothetical though so i digress.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #620
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey

she got hotter
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #621
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER

stop reading if you don't want to know what happens in the next episode

seriously

it summarizes the entire mid-season finale

well all-righty then

Quote:
The Walking Dead
There's an extremely detailed summary of the midseason finale, "Pretty Much Dead Already", supposedly leaked by an employee of FX UK, which airs the show in Britain. You can read the whole thing at the link, but here's the second half, which features a major revelation about one of the season's big mysteries in the final paragraph:

Quote:
“Pretty Much Dead Already”

Episode opens with Glenn revealing the presence of the walkers to the rest of the group, who promptly proceed to freak out. Maggie becomes angry with Glenn for not keeping the secret and ruins his hat in retribution. Dale gives Glenn his trademark bucket hat as a replacement. Maggie later makes a plea to Hershel for the group to stay. She and Glenn also have an argument about the walkers, after which they eventually admit their feelings, kiss and make up.

Rick and Hershel argue, with Hershel demanding the group leave within a week. Rick uses the my-wife-is-pregnant card, but Hershel’s not persuaded. Shane also wants the group to get the hell out of there because of the walkers in the barn, but Rick uses the same excuse to cool him down. However, Shane then becomes convinced that Lori’s baby is his.

Dale takes off with Shane’s guns to hide them in the swamp. Shane tracks him down and demands he give the guns back. Dale points his rifle at him and threatens to shoot. However, he backs down at the last moment, since he has no wish to become like Shane: he reveals that he knows Shane shot Otis and lied about what really happened. Shane heads back to the farm with the guns.Hershel has Rick help him and Jimmy try to fish some walkers out of a nearby pit of quicksand and lead them into the barn with snare poles. He says the group can stay on the farm if they agree not to kill the walkers. They arrive at the farm about the same time Shane emerges from the swamp and hands out guns to other members of the group…

Shane sees the snared walkers and goes berserk. He yells at Rick and Hershel as they guide the walkers towards the barn, with the rest of the group and people in the farm looking on. He pulls his sidearm and unloads it in the chest of one of the walkers, demanding to know "Could someone who's alive just take that? Why is it still coming?" Hershel has no answer.

He finishes off the walker with a headshot, grabs a nearby pickaxe and breaks open the barn door. Walkers pour out, T-Dog, Daryl, Shane, Glenn, and Andrea form a line and open fire. Once the dust clears, one more walker emerges. Sophia. Rick finally steps up next to the others, pulls his six-shooter and kills Sophia with a shot to the head. End episode.

The link also includes a screencap, supposedly from episode seven, that seemingly bears out the big reveal. [Dancing Silhouettes]

Many members of the cast reportedly wanted to leave the show in the wake of showrunner Frank Darabont being fired, and one cast member reportedly got her wish and was released from her contract... except, so this rumors goes, the person then changed his her mind, and it's unclear whether he or she will stay or leave. So... not much to go on here, and nothing may ultimately come of it, but I suppose this increases the odds that a main character will die or otherwise leave the show before season's end. [TV Line]

this corroborates the screen grab posted earlier

Last edited by rezznor : 11-24-2011 at 11:24 AM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #622
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

why the f*ck did i read that
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #623
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
why the f*ck did i read that
can't say i didn't warn you
Old 11-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #624
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wow that was so dramatic. Damn, how did sophia end up in the barn? did they toss over inside? feel bad for the kid tho. and for the mother, oh god.. more screen time for her... SOPHIA!!! WHY???? WHY GOD?!?!?!

I still cant wait to watch it
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #625
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
wow that was so dramatic. Damn, how did sophia end up in the barn? did they toss over inside? feel bad for the kid tho. and for the mother, oh god.. more screen time for her... SOPHIA!!! WHY???? WHY GOD?!?!?!

I still cant wait to watch it
god ur fcking stupid.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #626
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

looks like the mother will get killed off or commit suicide in the 2nd half of the season
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #627
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
can't say i didn't warn you
thanks rezznor.. I dont mind readin spoilers..
Old 11-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #628
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
god ur fcking stupid.
how am I stupid?
Old 11-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #629
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i dont like spoilers but i always end up reading them
it was like that for every lost episode, but i still enjoyed them

and i like someone else said it sucks if finding sophia is the ending of the midseason... i expected much more... something like shane shooting dale, or some stuff with soldiers,helicopters or shit like that, or anything with merle, or the black guy and his son ( wtf happened to them btw? he never reply on the walkie)
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #630
rezznor
Nosetradamus

one thing that always bothered me...we always see zombies tearing their victims to pieces and eating them. in all the zombie movies people who get bitten and manage to escape slowly die and then they get turned...so how come there are so many full bodied zombies out there? did they all get bit and managed to escape and then turn later? unlikely. it seems to me like someone like sophia would be torn apart before she could even be turned.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: