Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #61
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
On a related topic, where can I find the first season of Breaking Bad without having to buy the DVD? Didn't see it on Hulu....full episodes I mean.....ideas?

Torrents?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #62
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Torrents?

Ah....yes.....ok
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #63
liverandonions
HERD is the WORD

liverandonions has decent reputation

Quote:
Ah....yes.....ok
liverandonions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #64
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I think you said you didn't love Rubicon, but wanted to give it a chance. It's definitely slow but I think it really payed off in the end.

However, if there is a single show on TV right now that is absolute must-see-TV, It's Breaking Bad. It's got to be one of the greatest dramatic TV shows I've ever seen.

I feel the complete opposite, I enjoyed the building of Rubicon but felt so letdown with the ending. The scene with Katherine in the park though... Now that was an incredible few minutes of television.

But I do agree on Breaking Bad, it's the best show I've ever seen. I really enjoy Mad Men, which many consider to be the best on TV (it's not), but there were several episodes of Breaking Bad where I would just stare at the screen, literally unable speak a word other than "Wow" for several moments. The show is that good.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #65
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well that was really good; tense and emotional.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #66
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I enjoyed it as well. Thought the beginning was a bit cheesy, but overall it was very good, especially for a first episode. Awesome looking zombies too; way better than most zombie movies I've seen.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #67
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So I recorded last night and watched this morning. It was fantastic. The pacing was superb. It didn't feel like they were dieing to show a ton of zombies just for the sake of getting them on screen. They did a great job with the setting. That's the way CG seems to work best for me. To build setpieces that put together a mood. It reminded me a lot of The Road, which I really liked, in how desolate it felt, which also used a ton of CG in those wide set piece type shots. And the make up was excellent too. They actually gave you a chance to see some of the stuff, rather than hiding it with constant cuts and movement and handycam type stuff. I know they say that stuff is supposed to create a sense of panic, but I always feel like it mostly just makes things messy. The Zombie in the park with the legs missing for example, was a great little one off story. And that was a great example of using showing me something.

I do agree with Shannon, that the beginning was a little cheesey. I felt the same way with 28 Days. How'd the hospital wind up in that state and yet somehow he was left completely alone in an unlocked room? But I do appreciate the backward search element of it. How'd it get started? Where's my wife and kid? And the wake up from a coma is an effective mechanism for it.

Great ending, building up to a swarm rather than having them all over all the time. And it was tense enough that I was actually beginning to feel a little pissed that I had been strung along for that episode. There was no way out, I had been introduced to this character now for 90 minutes, and now your going to kill him and jump back to the black guy and his kid (that guy was the pimp in this season's Hung). And then the light at the end of the tunnell that cuts off just when I wanted to know what was next.

Really great. I'm actually glad this is the last week of Eastbound so I can open up that time on my DVR for this. Sunday night TV is great. The only bad thing about it is that as I'm watching it's just counting down to my having to go back to work.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #68
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

*SPOILER*

I didn't read throught the whole thread but I had a few questions. I was watching it on low volume and didn't catch some of it. I also fell asleep when the guy found the horse and rode into the city.

Here are the questions:

Was the half zombie his wife? He didn't seem to get too emotional when he first bumped into her

Did the Black dude end up shooting his wife?

Give me a quick run dwon of what happened when he rode into the city with his horse
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #69
DGARAS

Quote:
Another thing that bothered me, in white, is

For all the people that haven't read the comic, it's even more disturbing there.

Either way, they had their problems. The show mentions it as well.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #70
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
*SPOILER*

I didn't read throught the whole thread but I had a few questions. I was watching it on low volume and didn't catch some of it. I also fell asleep when the guy found the horse and rode into the city.

Here are the questions:

Was the half zombie his wife? He didn't seem to get too emotional when he first bumped into her

Give me a quick run dwon of what happened when he rode into the city with his horse
Putting it in white: It wasn't his wife. I think he was just emotional after learning what people were going through to turn into the zombies. The black guy tried, but couldn't shoot his wife. And when he went into the city, he ended up being stuck and then overrun by zombies. They knocked him off the horse and almost had him. They ended up killing/eating the horse and he fled under this big tank that the army left behind in the city. He was shooting zombies off to protect himself and was surrounded as they started to crawl under the tank. Just as he went to kill himself he looked up at this light and found the hatch open to enter the tank. He went inside, killed a zombie soldier and then closed the top hatch while the zombies crowded around the tank. At the very end someone started talking over the radio in tank.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #71
Patrick Chewing
Liberalism = Insanity

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Nah the half zombie was just that, a half zombie. The first zombie he encounters, and he goes back to kill her to apparently get his mind straight on what he has to do.

The black dude doesn't kill his wife. But she freaked me the hell out so I say they should keep her around.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #72
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Am I crazy or have they changed up a few little things from the comic book already?
oh the horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #73
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
*SPOILER*

Here are the questions:

Since you asked if the half zombie was his wife, I'll guess you missed this part and it's probably important to know (in white):

His wife and kid are staying with his old police partner, the guy he was talking to at the beginning about his relationship not going well, in a small camp with the guy's family. And they are apparently involved in some kind of a relationship. It's unclear weather or not that relationship started before or after he fell into the coma. And they're just outside Atlanta, where the cop went, and he briefly made contact with them via the CB Radio, but they were unable to talk back to him and warn him. They didn't recognize him.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #74
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gonna go watch me some Dead.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #75
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Saintsfan1992 has decent reputation

I just want to know where the he'll was Glen goin?
homie said screw u guys I'm goin home maybe he gonna
Go back to the camp site in his new ride????
Saintsfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: