Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #736
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Bump.. Where You At Walkers !?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #737
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I know when people watch the show they go, ‘More zombies. More death.' But you have to do a bit of talking. Otherwise it's ‘Transformers.'

maybe retards say that, but that ruins it
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #738
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i was pissed off during lots of this season, but still cant wait for this show, its not like there is anything better on tv with the breaking bad and dexter break
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #739
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Bump,

Well, once again it's on.

Looking forward to check tonite's episode, wanna see how they pick up the story from where lil Sophie walked outta the barn.

Forgot how sad that was til I just thought about it.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #740
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
maybe retards say that, but that ruins it

It's a show about the God damn zombie apocalypse... Yet all they do is sit around and fight with each other. It's f*cking boring, basically a soap opera with 1 zombie per episode.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #741
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
It's a show about the God damn zombie apocalypse... Yet all they do is sit around and fight with each other. It's f*cking boring, basically a soap opera with 1 zombie per episode.

This may be true, but it's still more entertaining than the bulk of what's on TV these days.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #742
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder

For cable television, it's a damn good program. If you're so sick and tired of the bullshit out there, why don't you do something about it? Huh? Why don't YOU get off your ass and go into production and make a career out of it and show us all how it's done, master of the old over the old stale ideas on the tube.

Either that... or you just sit back and shut thy mouf. Thanks.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #743
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
For cable television, it's a damn good program. If you're so sick and tired of the bullshit out there, why don't you do something about it? Huh? Why don't YOU get off your ass and go into production and make a career out of it and show us all how it's done, master of the old over the old stale ideas on the tube.

Either that... or you just sit back and shut thy mouf. Thanks.

That's BS, and you know it. As a viewer, we're all entitled to our opinions, and if we think something sucks, then we can say that. Actually, it's not even our right as a viewer, but a duty. What the hell good is art if it's neutral? It's supposed to inspire, stir up emotions, and sometimes, no matter what the consensus, some of those reactions are negative.

Do you also go to art museums and yell at everyone who doesn't like every single piece to go and create the next influential work? No. Same goes with entertainment art. Telling Peter Travers to STFU and go make the next Citizen Kane, or a literature critic to write the next Sound and the Fury, because you didn't agree with one of their reviews?

Your argument is moot.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #744
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ Agreed Randy.

Quote:
Why don't YOU get off your ass and go into production and make a career out of it and show us all how it's done, master of the old over the old stale ideas on the tube.

I'm planning on it.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #745
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
That's BS, and you know it. As a viewer, we're all entitled to our opinions, and if we think something sucks, then we can say that. Actually, it's not even our right as a viewer, but a duty. What the hell good is art if it's neutral? It's supposed to inspire, stir up emotions, and sometimes, no matter what the consensus, some of those reactions are negative.

Do you also go to art museums and yell at everyone who doesn't like every single piece to go and create the next influential work? No. Same goes with entertainment art. Telling Peter Travers to STFU and go make the next Citizen Kane, or a literature critic to write the next Sound and the Fury, because you didn't agree with one of their reviews?

Your argument is moot.

Point is not moot, b/c experts (meaning professionals in the field) give this show its deserved acclaim, so therefore the show is good if not great, and you're right, opinions are opinions, I'm just illustrating that the program is commonly accepted as 'good television' ... if you want to be a critic, be one.

I'm just trying to entice dude to do something about it if he is 'that' passionate about the 'garbage' out there.

You only really responded b/c you dislike me personally as a poster. Yeah, I pulled your card there. Deal with it.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #746
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Point is not moot, b/c experts (meaning professionals in the field) give this show its deserved acclaim, so therefore the show is good if not great, and you're right, opinions are opinions, I'm just illustrating that the program is commonly accepted as 'good television' ... if you want to be a critic, be one.

Even season 2? Talking to people who watch the show, 95% of what I hear is that the show has experienced a step decline in quality in its second season. Darabont got canned/left, and the writing team is obviously lacking a definite direction that they wanted to take this season. Did AMC screw Walking Dead over by taking away a percentage of the budget and giving it to Matthew Weiner? Of course it did, but the narrative this season (so far) was still very weak.

Quote:
I'm just trying to entice dude to do something about it if he is 'that' passionate about the 'garbage' out there.

If only it were that easy. Good writing is hard work, that's why it's so rare these days. Look at Breaking Bad, the dramatic arcs in that show are so well done, and I can't imagine that show having a higher budget per episode than TWD. Maybe I'm wrong there though...

Quote:
You only really responded b/c you dislike me personally as a poster. Yeah, I pulled your card there. Deal with it.

Yes, you and I don't e-get along, but that has nothing to do with this. That's why I didn't insult or slander you, this is legitimate discussion. I feel like the Walking Dead is lacking, and you obviously don't. There was no personal attacks in post at all.

Last edited by Randy : 02-12-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #747
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I only have AMC in standard def.... kinda gay. Might have to download it in HD and watch it tomorrow. Tough decision.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #748
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LINK : http://tvlynx.blogspot.com/2011/01/amc.html
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #749
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Chicks got balls ridin' in the back of that truck w/ those dead walkers.

For it to be a zombie apocalypse, Andrea is gettin hotter and hotter.

Meantime if Carol had any guts she'd go Sarah Connor and get buff and turn into a zombie killin' stud.

Edit (Spoiler):
"Mmph...dumbass" (1st thought that crossed my mind when Lori crashed).

Last edited by WillyJakk : 02-12-2012 at 09:41 PM.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #750
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputation

Dale is an effing moron.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: