Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #781
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Default Re: The Walking Dead

See the thing about Poodle is, well, he's an idiot.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #782
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Man you people have ADD.

This episode needed to start off slow considering what happened in the last episode. Unloading on all the zombies coming out of the barn was a huge, traumatic event for most of those folks. They need time to process it and contemplate on what's next, not start going balls to the wall and start zombie hunting.

pretty-sure-the-whole-first-season-must've-been-for-those-with-ADD-then...

when-the-show-was-good,and-not-these--low-expectations-where-2minutes-of-action=great-episode

seriously-put-this-show-next-to-breakingbad,-or-SonsofAnarchy,-its-not-even-close....S1-was-at-least.

Last edited by Poodle : 02-13-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #783
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
See the thing about Poodle is, well, he's an idiot.

better-than-being-a-tranny-forest-ranger...

besides,its-really-only-you-and-1-2-others-that-have-been-excusing-the-awfulness-of-S2-after-every-episode-but-i-blame-your-horrible-taste-and-observational-skillz.

most-who-are-blunt-and-not-so-desperate-to-love-the-show-are-saying-the-same-thing-retard-and-its-obvious-considering-what-drew-everyone-in-based-on-S1.

Some-of-us-can-see-straight,and-then-theres-you-where-u-can't-see-past-that-wig.

Last edited by Poodle : 02-13-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #784
sunsfan1357
Word.

I just got done watching it, I'm in the middle about it. There was a lot of stuff that made me wonder why it even made it on the air, mostly small stuff like Carol taking her anger out on some weeds. Also, when Andrea was riding in the back of the truck and the arm fell out was there supposed to be some importance to that or was it just a pointless little 5 second thing?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #785
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
better-than-being-a-tranny-forest-ranger...

besides,its-really-only-you-and-1-2-others-that-have-been-excusing-the-awfulness-of-S2-after-every-episode-but-i-blame-your-horrible-taste-and-observational-skillz.

most-who-are-blunt-and-not-so-desperate-to-love-the-show-are-saying-the-same-thing-retard-and-its-obvious-considering-what-drew-everyone-in-based-on-S1.

Some-of-us-can-see-straight,and-then-theres-you-where-u-can't-see-past-that-wig.

Yeah just me and the other 6.5 million people that keep watching every week.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #786
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I just got done watching it, I'm in the middle about it. There was a lot of stuff that made me wonder why it even made it on the air, mostly small stuff like Carol taking her anger out on some weeds. Also, when Andrea was riding in the back of the truck and the arm fell out was there supposed to be some importance to that or was it just a pointless little 5 second thing?

The Carol things is called character development. Last season was centered around her lil girl, we needed to see her grieve. The flowers/plant (whatever it was) were the same ones that redneck cat gave her. I'm sure there's other sorts of symbolism in play, I just don't care too much to dissect it.

The arm falling off is a bit that they do all the time on the show. Not necessarily the arm falling off the truck, but something nasty of the sort. It also shows that chick's character development as well. From wanting to kill herself, to just not giving a shit and becoming desensitized to the new world. I mean, remember when she was crying in shock when she was attacked in the motor home? Now she's riding in a truck full of walkers and not giving a f@ck.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #787
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Yeah just me and the other 6.5 million people that keep watching every week.

yeah-based-on-Season1-you're-the-only-retard-that-keeps-pretending-everything-is-fine-and-dandy....check-AMC-WalkingDead-forums...MOST-are-very-critical-since-S2-started.

i-love-how-you-don't-acknowledge-that-obvious-fact-tho...sorry-apologist.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #788
Poodle
Banned

and-i-can't-believe-people-think-the-character-building/writing-or-anythinhg-in-that-regards-is-remotely-entertaining/good

do-u-all-watch-any-other-shows?...its-honestly-some-of-the-worst-i've-ever-seen.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #789
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
The Carol things is called character development. Last season was centered around her lil girl, we needed to see her grieve. The flowers/plant (whatever it was) were the same ones that redneck cat gave her. I'm sure there's other sorts of symbolism in play, I just don't care too much to dissect it.

The arm falling off is a bit that they do all the time on the show. Not necessarily the arm falling off the truck, but something nasty of the sort. It also shows that chick's character development as well. From wanting to kill herself, to just not giving a shit and becoming desensitized to the new world. I mean, remember when she was crying in shock when she was attacked in the motor home? Now she's riding in a truck full of walkers and not giving a f@ck.
Character development seeing her throw a temper tantrum in a field? Not buying that too much. Her interactions with Darryl and Lori were showing her stages of the grieving process just fine, but maybe that's just me. Like I said, I didn't think the episode was bad but it could've done without a couple of other things.

*edit* Or at least they could have done a better job with Carol stuff.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 02-13-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #790
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Link?
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #791
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
and-i-can't-believe-people-think-the-character-building/writing-or-anythinhg-in-that-regards-is-remotely-entertaining/good

do-u-all-watch-any-other-shows?...its-honestly-some-of-the-worst-i've-ever-seen.

I didn't say it was great. Just mentioned that it was needed since people were complaining why those scenes even appeared.

It also isn't horrible like you make it seem.

It can be good at times, otherwise it's just meh for the most part. It tends to vary, not much consistently imo.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #792
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Character development seeing her throw a temper tantrum in a field? Not buying that too much. Her interactions with Darryl and Lori were showing her stages of the grieving process just fine, but maybe that's just me. Like I said, I didn't think the episode was bad but it could've done without a couple of other things.
So her daughter was just killed, and we expect to just see her talk to somebody and not spend time with herself?

She was mad, sad, confused, lost all hope, etc.etc. I don't see why it's such a big deal why it was shown. I've seen worst time spent on shit that mattered much less.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #793
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
yeah-based-on-Season1-you're-the-only-retard-that-keeps-pretending-everything-is-fine-and-dandy....check-AMC-WalkingDead-forums...MOST-are-very-critical-since-S2-started.

i-love-how-you-don't-acknowledge-that-obvious-fact-tho...sorry-apologist.

Every forum is filled with critics. Those are the people who go to the forums.

All I mentioned is people watch every single week. More than any other show. And that you're a ****ing idiot.

Those are facts.

No one takes you seriously anyways. Just look at how ****ing stupid your posts look irregardless or their moronic content.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #794
sunsfan1357
Word.

Like she said, she realized her daughter was dead a long time ago. It's not like this is a situation where it would bring up typical emotional responses that we are used to seeing. Either way, I edited my above post to say it could have been executed better at least. I just wasn't sold with how it was done, but I don't want to labor on about a point that didn't RUIN the episode for me (like I've said before).
Old 02-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #795
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I didn't say it was great. Just mentioned that it was needed since people were complaining why those scenes even appeared.

It also isn't horrible like you make it seem.

It can be good at times, otherwise it's just meh for the most part. It tends to vary, not much consistently imo.

just-curious-but-what-storyline-is-interesting?

i-was-sort-of-into-what-would-become-of-the-pregnancy-stuff-early-on-but-that-has-completely-bombed-IMO.

i-assume-most-people-are-into-the-Herschel-stuff-since-that-cliffhanger-at-the-end-of-last-episode-with-the-zombies-in-the-barn-got-a-lot-of-hype,but-i-thought-it-bombed-as-well-this-episode-where-it-was-as-straight-forward-as-Herschel-realizing-how-dumb-he-was.

but-i-swear-the-way-they-take-stuff-and-devote-so-much-time-to-lets-say-looking-for-a-lost-girl-where-2-episodes-later-you-find-out-it-was-all-so-pointlessly-wasted-time....and-that-is-a-reoccurring-them-with-almost-everything-these-writers-have-done-since-S2-started...20minutes-of-zombie-in-the-well-episode-comes-to-mind-here....i'd-even-say-the-zombies-in-the-barn-plot-line-has-been-anticlimactic.

maybe-its-unfair-that-i'm-comparing-my-interest-lvl-in-WalkingDead-to-some-truly-great-shows,but-Season1-of-WalkingDead-was-right-there-with-them,and-completely-went-to-crap-imo,but-its-obvious-they've-veered-very-far-from-what-Season1-was....i-don't-think-i'm-exaggerating....every-human-turmoil-scene-i-watch-now-is-just-bad,and-in-some-cases-just-awkwardly-poorly-written-or-acted,i-can't-tell-which-it-is.

i'm-hoping-they-get-off-that-farm-asap,i-think-that-might-help-some...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: