Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #796
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Every forum is filled with critics. Those are the people who go to the forums.

All I mentioned is people watch every single week. More than any other show. And that you're a ****ing idiot.

Those are facts.

No one takes you seriously anyways. Just look at how ****ing stupid your posts look irregardless or their moronic content.

lmao-never-seen-such-a-sorry-unrealistic-apologist....ok-sure-tranny,WalkingDead-hasn't-changed-at-all-and-everything-is-fine-and-its-only-because-of-the-idea-there-are-forums-where-people-only-complain-for-why-there-are-complaints you're-just-a-sorry-mfer-with-the-excuses-you-make...

its-hilarious-you-keep-saying-i'm-the-moron-here ...you-don't-even-give-much-insight-to-your-views-as-things-are,unlike-me,just-call-people-names-for-not-agreeing-with-your-horrible-views.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #797
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Like she said, she realized her daughter was dead a long time ago. It's not like this is a situation where it would bring up typical emotional responses that we are used to seeing. Either way, I edited my above post to say it could have been executed better at least. I just wasn't sold with how it was done, but I don't want to labor on about a point that didn't RUIN the episode for me (like I've said before).

The whole episode had a theme, and it was about 'hope' (cliche). h this was her not just grieving about the loss of her daughter, but her just losing all hope. Even tho she may have thought her daughter may have been dead, she had some 'hope' that she may still be found, they all did to some degree.

And you're gonna let a small 30 second moment ruin an entire episode? I just don't know what to say about that.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #798
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
just-curious-but-what-storyline-is-interesting?

i-was-sort-of-into-what-would-become-of-the-pregnancy-stuff-early-on-but-that-has-completely-bombed-IMO.

i-assume-most-people-are-into-the-Herschel-stuff-since-that-cliffhanger-at-the-end-of-last-episode-with-the-zombies-in-the-barn-got-a-lot-of-hype,but-i-thought-it-bombed-as-well-this-episode-where-it-was-as-straight-forward-as-Herschel-realizing-how-dumb-he-was.

but-i-swear-the-way-they-take-stuff-and-devote-so-much-time-to-lets-say-looking-for-a-lost-girl-where-2-episodes-later-you-find-out-it-was-all-so-pointlessly-wasted-time....and-that-is-a-reoccurring-them-with-almost-everything-these-writers-have-done-since-S2-started...20minutes-of-zombie-in-the-well-episode-comes-to-mind-here....i'd-even-say-the-zombies-in-the-barn-plot-line-has-been-anticlimactic.

maybe-its-unfair-that-i'm-comparing-my-interest-lvl-in-WalkingDead-to-some-truly-great-shows,but-Season1-of-WalkingDead-was-right-there-with-them,and-completely-went-to-crap-imo,but-its-obvious-they've-veered-very-far-from-what-Season1-was....i-don't-think-i'm-exaggerating....every-human-turmoil-scene-i-watch-now-is-just-bad,and-in-some-cases-just-awkwardly-poorly-written-or-acted,i-can't-tell-which-it-is.

i'm-hoping-they-get-off-that-farm-asap,i-think-that-might-help-some...

Sorry, but I ain't reading this.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #799
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
lmao-never-seen-such-a-sorry-unrealistic-apologist....ok-sure-tranny,WalkingDead-hasn't-changed-at-all-and-everything-is-fine-and-its-only-because-of-the-idea-there-are-forums-where-people-only-complain-for-why-there-are-complaints you're-just-a-sorry-mfer-with-the-excuses-you-make...

its-hilarious-you-keep-saying-i'm-the-moron-here ...you-don't-even-give-much-insight-to-your-views-as-things-are,unlike-me,just-call-people-names-for-not-agreeing-with-your-horrible-views.
Just get a keyboard. Why do you always have to have some retarded problem with your typing?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #800
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
The whole episode had a theme, and it was about 'hope' (cliche). h this was her not just grieving about the loss of her daughter, but her just losing all hope. Even tho she may have thought her daughter may have been dead, she had some 'hope' that she may still be found, they all did to some degree.

And you're gonna let a small 30 second moment ruin an entire episode? I just don't know what to say about that.
I guess the part where I typed about it not ruining the episode must've slipped by you

Unless you thought it was a perfect episode I'm sure there are one or two things that bothered you about it, those just happen to be my qualms.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #801
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Just get a keyboard. Why do you always have to have some retarded problem with your typing?

its-a-laptop-fool

in-other-cases-i-aim-to-annoy...
Old 02-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #802
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
its-a-laptop-fool

in-other-cases-i-aim-to-annoy...
ill aim to ignore. it makes me pause in between words. Sorry.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #803
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
ill aim to ignore. it makes me pause in between words. Sorry.

i-understand-its-annoying,its-more-annoying-typing-like-this-but-can't-just-lurk-when-i-read-so-much-unwarranted-praise....
Old 02-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #804
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I guess the part where I typed about it not ruining the episode must've slipped by you

Unless you thought it was a perfect episode I'm sure there are one or two things that bothered you about it, those just happen to be my qualms.

My bad, I just re-read it. I'm shaving and surfing the net...

naw... it wasn't perfect, this show never has been. I was actually very vocal about last season.

Off the top of my head, I didn't feel this show was bad, but not great either. It was good enough tho. Naturally, it wasn't as intense as last season's opener, but I see why started this episode the way they did. I think that the introduction of the two dudes was critical, since it establishes (yet again) that they'll face other forces aside from 'walkers' and it reaffirms the theme of loss of 'hope' or perhaps a new haven/destination.

I think they leave the farm and try to reach Nebraska (was that it?), and they'll face different challenges on their journey. Again... a repetition of their first season, but with type of genre, that's part of survival.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #805
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Poodle your posts make my eyes bleed. Get a keyboard that works, please.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #806
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
The Carol things is called character development. Last season was centered around her lil girl, we needed to see her grieve. The flowers/plant (whatever it was) were the same ones that redneck cat gave her. I'm sure there's other sorts of symbolism in play, I just don't care too much to dissect it.

The arm falling off is a bit that they do all the time on the show. Not necessarily the arm falling off the truck, but something nasty of the sort. It also shows that chick's character development as well. From wanting to kill herself, to just not giving a shit and becoming desensitized to the new world. I mean, remember when she was crying in shock when she was attacked in the motor home? Now she's riding in a truck full of walkers and not giving a f@ck.

Yeahhhh... Great Post.....

Repped.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #807
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah the episode was slow but sometimes you need it, especially after they find the lil girl as a zombie. im sure more zombies are coming, it looks like next episode there will be another showdown because rick went badass on the 2 dudes.

i also watch spartacus, true blood, and game of thrones. poodle, check those out.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #808
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
yeah the episode was slow but sometimes you need it, especially after they find the lil girl as a zombie. im sure more zombies are coming, it looks like next episode there will be another showdown because rick went badass on the 2 dudes.

i also watch spartacus, true blood, and game of thrones. poodle, check those out.

its-not-even-just-seeing-zombie-killing-more-than-zombie-survival-to-me....and-not-petty-human-issues-stuff.i-mean-start-ransacking-more-houses-looking-for-guns/ammo/food/drugs,go-back-into-the-city-or-hook-up-or-battle-other-crews-like-that-old-peoples-shelter-they-found-guarded-by-that-gang...stuff-like-that....seeing-them-wack-a-zombie-here-and-there,even-for-a-whole-show-isn't-going-to-change-much-to-me....I-just-think-this-human-drama-is-incredibly-boring-and-poorly-written/acted,and-feels-like-filler-to-keep-the-show-going...and-where-they-end-up-with-stuff-is-more-often-disappointing-than-not.

i-loved-GameofThrones-so-far....TrueBlood-has-been-getting-worse-and-worse-IMO...heard-great-things-about-Spartacus-but-haven't-gotten-to-it-yet....i'm-going-thru-Sons-of-Anarchy-withdrawal-right-now,i-frickin-loved-that-show...i-dare-say-i-enjoyed-it-more-than-BreakingBad-but-its-a-tough-call...check-out-SoA-if-you-haven't,i-was-extremely-surprised-at-how-good-it-was

Last edited by Poodle : 02-13-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #809
ImmortalNemesis
Not Russia 2018

ImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i-loved-GameofThrones-so-far....TrueBlood-has-been-getting-worse-and-worse-IMO...heard-great-things-about-Spartacus-but-haven't-gotten-to-it-yet....i'm-going-thru-Sons-of-Anarchy-withdrawal-right-now,i-frickin-loved-that-show...i-dare-say-i-enjoyed-it-more-than-BreakingBad-but-its-a-tough-call...check-out-SoA-if-you-haven't,i-was-extremely-surprised-at-how-good-it-was.

It'stimetostopposting.jpg

Get yourself a new keyboard bro.
ImmortalNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #810
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Poodle must be one of those posters that prolly deserved each of his red bars I'm assuming...

Anyway, negged for not getting a new keyboard or being a douche, maybe both...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: