Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #796
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Id say Shane, Rick, glenn, and Dale can act.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #797
Droid101
NBA Superstar

Fine episode, but seriously, they need to kill the whiny bitch and have Shane leave the group already. This shit is getting unbearable.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #798
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Crazy Shane is amazing. Every time you see him on screen you just clench up and feel the tension. You never know what he's going to do. Rape someone? Kill someone? Bait someone to save himself. Go apeshit on some walkers?

Good stuff.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #799
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Fine episode, but seriously, they need to kill the whiny bitch and have Shane leave the group already. This shit is getting unbearable.

lol, Shane makes the show. The show would suck without him. The fact that you want him to leave the group as a viewer shows how great of a character he is. The tension with him in every season is awesome.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #800
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

One of the best in the entire series... great episode.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #801
Droid101
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
lol, Shane makes the show. The show would suck without him. The fact that you want him to leave the group as a viewer shows how great of a character he is. The tension with him in every season is awesome.
Ah, you guys missed my point.

He needs to leave the group, and drag some people with him. Keep him on the show, showing both new groups progress through the world (and come into conflict from time to time).
Old 02-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #802
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Ah, you guys missed my point.

He needs to leave the group, and drag some people with him. Keep him on the show, showing both new groups progress through the world (and come into conflict from time to time).

I still disagree. Part of what is really making the show interesting is the conflict between Shane and the other people in the group. Some much tension between him, Lori, Rick, Carl. It wouldn't be the same if they weren't all bunched up together. The show needs all these characters together.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #803
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
I still disagree. Part of what is really making the show interesting is the conflict between Shane and the other people in the group. Some much tension between him, Lori, Rick, Carl. It wouldn't be the same if they weren't all bunched up together. The show needs all these characters together.

not-really...if-anything-that-aspect-has-been-the-worst-parts-of-the-show.

at-least-i-give-the-writers-some-credit-this-episode-for-creating-that-bar-dilemma-with-the-dead-bodies-and-friends-showing-up.

still-way-worse-than-S1.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #804
Droid101
NBA Superstar

Quote:
I agree the conflict makes the show interesting. Letting it go too long will make it unrealistic. If they all hate him so much, they're all not going to want to stay with him. And if they keep manufacturing stupid reasons for him to stay back, then it'll strain credulity.

Anyway, this episode was a good first step in the right direction at the very least.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #805
Stuckey
ifirtworld

i ffwded all the talking scenes

pretty decent episode
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #806
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Everybody has gone soft in season two, I think that's what Shane is so pissed about as well I'm glad the writers have remembered that this is actually a zombie apocalypse show and we are getting some Walker scenes as well. maybe I'm in the minority here but wtf is going on with people in this season? Everyone is talking behind each others' backs and gossiping and plotting like it's Jersey Show or something.
What function do TDawg, Dale and Andrea are serving this season? Whenever there is a scene where Tdawg is in it he is staring into oblivion or some shit and his biggest function has been burning dead walkers. Dale is just that annoying old man who is just too self-righteous and out of touch with reality. The only thing he does is pissing Shane off or try to raise everyone else against him.
Andrea is there to suck Shane's **** and occasionally shoot something. Even Lori's role is diminished to a breeding cow who thanks to the last episode is now a scheming bitch who whispers shit in his husband's ear to stir shit up when it is crucial to stay together as a group.
When was the last time Carol did anything other than weeping? And dont get me started with the farmers
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #807
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Everybody has gone soft in season two, I think that's what Shane is so pissed about as well I'm glad the writers have remembered that this is actually a zombie apocalypse show and we are getting some Walker scenes as well. maybe I'm in the minority here but wtf is going on with people in this season? Everyone is talking behind each others' backs and gossiping and plotting like it's Jersey Show or something.
What function do TDawg, Dale and Andrea are serving this season? Whenever there is a scene where Tdawg is in it he is staring into oblivion or some shit and his biggest function has been burning dead walkers. Dale is just that annoying old man who is just too self-righteous and out of touch with reality. The only thing he does is pissing Shane off or try to raise everyone else against him.
Andrea is there to suck Shane's **** and occasionally shoot something. Even Lori's role is diminished to a breeding cow who thanks to the last episode is now a scheming bitch who whispers shit in his husband's ear to stir shit up when it is crucial to stay together as a group.
When was the last time Carol did anything other than weeping? And dont get me started with the farmers

agree with most of this. i can't stand any of those females, their scenes can be so pointlessly awful. and seriously how the hell do you wreck from not paying attention to the road during a zombie apocalypse? better be a damn seizure or something...
Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #808
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
I agree the conflict makes the show interesting. Letting it go too long will make it unrealistic. If they all hate him so much, they're all not going to want to stay with him. And if they keep manufacturing stupid reasons for him to stay back, then it'll strain credulity.

Anyway, this episode was a good first step in the right direction at the very least.

I can agree with that. It will get tiresome if it goes on too long. But there eventually will be a breaking point where something between Shane and the others will happen.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #809
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
not-really...if-anything-that-aspect-has-been-the-worst-parts-of-the-show.

at-least-i-give-the-writers-some-credit-this-episode-for-creating-that-bar-dilemma-with-the-dead-bodies-and-friends-showing-up.

still-way-worse-than-S1.

Shows like this need internal conflict. Its how dramas work.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #810
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Shows like this need internal conflict. Its how dramas work.

it could be so much better tho. if not staying with how first season went...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: