Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #811
Simple Jack
Schrempf Scampi

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Shane deserves an Emmy.

Some of the best TV acting I've seen during the barn shootout episode.

The scene with Dale where he calls Shane out for shooting Otis and pointing the gun at Rick. Also the speech he gave at Otis' funeral. Rick has a bunch of memorable ones as well. I've seen others comment negatively on the acting too and I really don't see it; I think the acting is amazing. One of the main things that drew me into the show.
Simple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #812
rezznor
Nosetradamus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=PKao6wZklec#!
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #813
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Good dramas don't just have people conniving and bitching about each other, with no advances in the plot. Most of what happens is so unbelievably slow and uninteresting. People's true character comes out when there's something to fight for. Glenn freezing up in the bar, Hershel shooting the guy, and Rick bringing that hurt kid back show more than boring f*cking stories about Maggie's birth control pills.

There are a lot of flaws in this show, and I admit the last two episodes have had flashes of something good... But they just drag these nonsense bickering scenes out for so damn long.

this

i-swear-WalkingDead-has-become-more-of-a-bandwagon-of-a-zombie-show-than-it-earning-praise-as-one-of-the-best-zombie-shows/movies-ever-made-like-it-did-for-S1...its-like-being-bait-and-switched-with-the-mass-hype-still-carryiing-it-with-a-cheaper-product.

i-really-wonder-what-KevinSmith-would-say-about-S2-if-he-weren't-on-camera-trying-to-promote-it.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #814
bluechox2
#knickstape

they should focus one episode on a zombie and a day in that zombies life eating pple
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #815
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
I agree the conflict makes the show interesting. Letting it go too long will make it unrealistic. If they all hate him so much, they're all not going to want to stay with him. And if they keep manufacturing stupid reasons for him to stay back, then it'll strain credulity.

Anyway, this episode was a good first step in the right direction at the very least.

They don't all hate him tho. At the end of the episode you can see Rick struggling with it. Laurie just started to turn. Dale was the first to turn on him. Andrea is on his side. I think the rest are just indifferent or scared shitless of the dude. Hershel I guess is another one that wants him gone.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #816
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Good dramas don't just have people conniving and bitching about each other, with no advances in the plot. Most of what happens is so unbelievably slow and uninteresting. People's true character comes out when there's something to fight for. Glenn freezing up in the bar, Hershel shooting the guy, and Rick bringing that hurt kid back show more than boring f*cking stories about Maggie's birth control pills.

There are a lot of flaws in this show, and I admit the last two episodes have had flashes of something good... But they just drag these nonsense bickering scenes out for so damn long.

I'll admit some of the drama isn't needed. Some of it is really good tho. Hershel's character is being developed really well. That's something that I think they needed 7 episodes to do as well and drag it out. First 7 episodes of season two were really slow but after seeing the last two I'm ok with it.

I'm actually feeling season 2 alot now after the past 2 episodes. Still not as good as season 1 but good enough that I'll be waiting on next week's episode.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #817
NoGunzJustSkillz

shane is gonna kick rick's ass next episode.

also shane is having a huge unnecessary fit over that dude that got shot.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #818
$LakerGold

Are Yall Watchin This?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #819
$LakerGold

http://tvlynx.blogspot.com/2011/01/amc.html
Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #820
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Are Yall Watchin This?

Another good episode.

Well balanced, and the drama didn't drag down the action. I also liked that the sub plots were actually very relevant to the main ones and not just fillers.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #821
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

i like Andrea less and less as the series goes on.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #822
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Also... I think this is what most of us had in mind when we demanded a better balance in the show. Season 2 emphasized the dramatic and character dilemmas which is fine, but they forgot the action aspects. This 2nd half has been far better than the 1st half of the 2nd season.

Although they are beating us over the head with the morality shit far too much, I'm afraid that it tilts towards cliche. I understand that these topics will come about and have to be dealt with, I just feel that they're on a very tight rope right now in how they're dealing the issues. Reason I bring this up is, we've seen these issues brought up in Lost who handled them better for the most part. The writers appear to be following some of the same scripts (not literally) that the Lost writers did, without bringing much originality or great to the table. Breaking Bad dealt with some of the same issues, but did it in a better fashion. Not that it's been bad, just that they could improve on it.

Last edited by andgar923 : 02-27-2012 at 12:49 AM.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #823
DaHeezy
College superstar

I loved tonights episode with only 2 small dillemas.

When they slice their hands, wouldn't they get infected after touching the zombie blood?

Where did the Hyundai come from?
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #824
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy

When they slice their hands, wouldn't they get infected after touching the zombie blood?

I was thinking this too. Also when Rick first did it he rubbed his cut on a rusty gate. Not even worried about tetanus? xD
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #825
$LakerGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy

IT'S THEIR CAR.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: