Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #826
DaHeezy
College star

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
[/b]
IT'S THEIR CAR.

Doesn't answer the question

WHERE DID IT COME FROM?
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #827
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Doesn't answer the question

WHERE DID IT COME FROM?

REMEMBER RICK AND THE DUDE WENT OUTSIDE THE GATE TO LEAVE SHANE... BUT RICK CHANGED HIS MIND AND DECIDED TO GO BACK AND RESCUE SHANE...
AND That's the car they drove from the Barn....

Anything Else?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #828
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

"I used to watch football and screw around on the internet." I feel you Randall. I'd let you live.

The guy storyline was solid. The chick storyline was terrible. Wish Andrea'd shot Lori in the face. Lori basically saying "bitches belong in the kitchen" was some stellar writing though.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 02-27-2012 at 01:00 AM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #829
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

oh yeah, Randall bounced back like a champion from that IRON FENCE POST THROUGH THE LEG
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #830
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
oh yeah, Randall bounced back like a champion from that IRON FENCE POST THROUGH THE LEG
And it's been 2 days?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #831
Kobr
Bryant

I, for one, don't trust Randall.
Kobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #832
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

That was a really well done episode. The pacing bouncing back and fourth from the plot driven drama of Shane and Rick to the character driven drama of the farm was exceptionally handled.
One of the reasons I think this episode played out well, it cut a lot of fat. There was not a single shot of Daryll, Glen, Herschal, T-Dawg, Dale, Carl, or Carol. With fewer characters to try to spread over an hour long episode (an hour that is absolutely ravaged by commercials by the way. I DVR it and I can watch it in 40 minutes or less usually), you can actually get some dialogue and run through a few full tracks of thought, as opposed to one off lines that come off as phoney because they lack any depth because they're trying to cram what should be nuanced plot points into a few lines of dialogue (like Lori's "Shane's Dangerous" 30 seconds last week, which was an absurd boiling down of what should be an incredibly complicated relationship, and made her come off as even more of a harpy than she already does). Whenever you start to get into a groove on a character on the show, they'll jump to something else that you may have totally forgotten about, like last week when they pretty much didn't mention Daryl all episode, then they shoehorn him in berating Carol, by the time you even register his role on the show again, they've lost you in this insane rambling, and the character becomes short scripted.

I honestly think the show is heading in the right direction. Perhaps a little more traditional in it's approach to ensemble cast writing than one would have hoped after the first season, but at least it can start to build on what it has.
It seems essential to kill off a part of the group here now. Keep the audience on it's toes, make sure we don't get comfortable with the group, thin out the potential story lines a bit, and bring the group back together over a single comonality (those are those moments when the reality of the situation snaps everyone back from seeing how different they all are, to spots when they all realize that they're stuck together). T-Dawg is the obvious candidate. His lack of any real interconnection with any other characters means that his loss could artificially bond the group, without destroying an other existing storylines. Although more interest could be stirred up killing Dale or Carol, which could lead the show in other directions. A suspicious loss of Dale would put more pressure on Shane, perhaps crack Andrea's psyche again after she's built up this nice little hard shell. A loss of Carol now that she's lost her daughter doesn't effect much long term, and lets you explore more into Daryl's weird inability to connect, seeing as she's perhaps been his deepest connection since losing his brother.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #833
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

In my opinion.... They were too slow in this episode.. It took them the whole episode just to decide whether to kill the kid or not....Not just that, they were there the whole time..that's just my opinion though...
Old 02-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #834
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
I loved tonights episode with only 2 small dillemas.

When they slice their hands, wouldn't they get infected after touching the zombie blood?

Where did the Hyundai come from?
Korea.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #835
dunksby
NBA Superstar

So they went from having to cut the Mfer's leg off to have him drive like Ryan Gosling in a week? **** this shit.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #836
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Hmmm, so if anyone saw the previews for next week it looks like Sayid will be trying to get some information from Ben Linus.

Wait a minute, am I in the right thread?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #837
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Hmmm, so if anyone saw the previews for next week it looks like Sayid will be trying to get some information from Ben Linus.

Wait a minute, am I in the right thread?
Yes you are, on both accounts.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #838
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

I didn't like the hand slicing. The zombies are still gonna lunge for you even without the blood present. The cut just increases chances of infection. When Shane cut his hand in the bus, hadn't he already used that same knife to head-stab a zombie through the chain-link fence?

In the White Flag of the Dead book series, the characters use the head-stab and then they burn the infection off of the knife with some kerosene.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #839
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

This show needs to learn the word "infection/infected"....
Old 02-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #840
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

They already dealt with the transformation/infestation process. They even had a quick dialog about it when they saw the two security guards. It's been established that you can only become a walker via bit or scratch, and NOT blood infection.

Not sure how that works, but it has been established.

Otherwise almost all of them would be zombies by now.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: