Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #76
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Walking Dead

good episode
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #77
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Can't wait to see the reunion with his family. Too bad this first season is only 6 episodes long. I read in a review for episode 2, that episode 3 is better.

I've read issues 1-72. I get the 6 issue collections in graphic novel binding. I have to wait 6 months for them to release every volume...

How many of you, who have never read the comic, are getting interested in giving the comic a shot?
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #78
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

anyone know what happened to the black dude with his son
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #79
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Can't wait to see the reunion with his family. Too bad this first season is only 6 episodes long. I read in a review for episode 2, that episode 3 is better.

I've read issues 1-72. I get the 6 issue collections in graphic novel binding. I have to wait 6 months for them to release every volume...

How many of you, who have never read the comic, are getting interested in giving the comic a shot?

I am for sure. And I'm just about up for something new to read too. I've never really been into comics really. I had a cousin who was and I've given them a shot when I was younger, but nothing ever really caught me. But I may give this a try.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #80
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

not I.
But yes to watching the series.
the opener was great
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #81
DGARAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
anyone know what happened to the black dude with his son

You'll find out later on. Probably in the second season.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #82
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I am for sure. And I'm just about up for something new to read too. I've never really been into comics really. I had a cousin who was and I've given them a shot when I was younger, but nothing ever really caught me. But I may give this a try.

If you're even remotely into zombies, and I know you are...you Resident Evil lover...I know you'll love the Walking Dead on paper. I recommend getting the 12 or 24 issue collections. This series will take you through some serious rollercoaster events. Shocks and twists galore....unlike anything I've read before. The reviews speak for themselves.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #83
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This show is f'ing fantastic. The makeup and sets are as good as any zombie stuff I can remember. And it's genuinely tense. I could actively feel the clock ticking when it started to rain, even though I knew they'd make it out. Even more so when the black guy was late coming down from the roof and the doors were coming down, because it seemed reasonable to think he could go. It's just incredibly well done.

And the opening credit sequence is one of my favorites in recent memory. And I'm not a huge Durabont fan. He's usually got too much spiritual mysticism in his themes for my taste. And I absolutely hated The Mist, which I know some people liked, but I thought it was awfull. But this has a much grittier tone to it than most of the stuff I can think of from him, at least so far.

Shame it's only six episodes. But I read today that's just been picked up for a second season.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #84
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
This show is f'ing fantastic. The makeup and sets are as good as any zombie stuff I can remember. And it's genuinely tense. I could actively feel the clock ticking when it started to rain, even though I knew they'd make it out. Even more so when the black guy was late coming down from the roof and the doors were coming down, because it seemed reasonable to think he could go. It's just incredibly well done.

And the opening credit sequence is one of my favorites in recent memory. And I'm not a huge Durabont fan. He's usually got too much spiritual mysticism in his themes for my taste. And I absolutely hated The Mist, which I know some people liked, but I thought it was awfull. But this has a much grittier tone to it than most of the stuff I can think of from him, at least so far.

Shame it's only six episodes. But I read today that's just been picked up for a second season.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #85
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Saintsfan1992 has decent reputation

Only 6 episodes the ****??? Jersey shore should be 6 episodes
The event should be 6 episodes ****in that dumb ass show sweet 16
Should be 6 episodes fml
Saintsfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #86
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i think the show is alright. thought it was funny when that guy started banging that chick dog fashion at the beginning of ep.2.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #87
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Officially renewed for a full 2nd season:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1133012p1.html
Old 11-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #88
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Officially renewed for a full 2nd season:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1133012p1.html

As someone who's read the source material, is there enough there to keep doing these shows. I imagine if your writing something like a comic for something like this, it probably works out perfectly because you can jump from group of survivors to another group.

Like I could imagine this season progressing without ever revisiting the black guy and his son. Then next season jumping to them entirely. Or jumping to a completely seperate group in another part of the world all together.

And since it's already been picked up for a second season, then that I'm guessing means we're not gonna get a lot closure on this season in terms of what the cause of the outbreak was, what the solution is, or any long term resolution for this group of survivors.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #89
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
As someone who's read the source material, is there enough there to keep doing these shows. I imagine if your writing something like a comic for something like this, it probably works out perfectly because you can jump from group of survivors to another group.

Like I could imagine this season progressing without ever revisiting the black guy and his son. Then next season jumping to them entirely. Or jumping to a completely seperate group in another part of the world all together.

And since it's already been picked up for a second season, then that I'm guessing means we're not gonna get a lot closure on this season in terms of what the cause of the outbreak was, what the solution is, or any long term resolution for this group of survivors.

There is enough material to make a few seasons worth. The current pacing seems to be two comics for every episode. I don’t that’ll be a consistent rate...as there are great stories that can be expanded upon. There’s approximately 78 comics out right now. So that’s good enough for 39 episodes. At 13 episodes a season….that makes 3 complete seasons worth. Kirkman, the writer for the comic, expects to keep writing the comic as long as he can. I believed he’s envisioned it as a zombie story without an ending.

At first I thought someone like HBO, Showtime, or Starz should’ve picked up this series because of the gore, violence, sex, language and other such themes. I thought AMC would be too tame for this type of series. I was wrong. I’m pleased with what they’re showing.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #90
chungerball
High School JV MVP

chungerball has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
There is enough material to make a few seasons worth. The current pacing seems to be two comics for every episode. I don’t that’ll be a consistent rate...as there are great stories that can be expanded upon. There’s approximately 78 comics out right now. So that’s good enough for 39 episodes. At 13 episodes a season….that makes 3 complete seasons worth. Kirkman, the writer for the comic, expects to keep writing the comic as long as he can. I believed he’s envisioned it as a zombie story without an ending.

At first I thought someone like HBO, Showtime, or Starz should’ve picked up this series because of the gore, violence, sex, language and other such themes. I thought AMC would be too tame for this type of series. I was wrong. I’m pleased with what they’re showing.

There are some parts of the comic that seems too graphic to show on AMC. I don't see how they will incorporate that in the show. Other than that, I think it could be a successful series for several seasons.
chungerball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: