Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #901
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy

I don't know where you're from, but in NA caplocks implies yelling at somebody.

I do realize they drove it to the base from the farm, my question is how did it get to the farm?
It wasn't part of the fleet when they arrived there and since then, they've never used that vehicle despite many trips to the town, and that looking like the most reliable vehicle. So from how I see it, they've acquired the vehicle during their stay on the farm. I doubt. A bunch of farmers in the middle of buttfuk nowhere would decide a Hyundai Santa Fe would be the ideal family car.
If so it would have been a cool angle to add to the show. Going out and looting cars. That is why I asked.
Now before you try and fish for some argument because now you can't let this one go, I believe I've covered my angles to my question. So please stop, capiche? Because a response from you now would be just douchy, unless you intend to answer my question
It was the car Shane managed to get working while they were stuck on the highway during the first couple of episodes, Shane got the car in order to leave the group.
This from episode 6:

There is a contest going on as well to win the car
http://www.amctv.com/sweeps/hyundais...eps_closed.php
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #902
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy

I don't know where you're from, but in NA caplocks implies yelling at somebody.

I do realize they drove it to the base from the farm, my question is how did it get to the farm?
It wasn't part of the fleet when they arrived there and since then, they've never used that vehicle despite many trips to the town, and that looking like the most reliable vehicle. So from how I see it, they've acquired the vehicle during their stay on the farm. I doubt. A bunch of farmers in the middle of buttfuk nowhere would decide a Hyundai Santa Fe would be the ideal family car.
If so it would have been a cool angle to add to the show. Going out and looting cars. That is why I asked.
Now before you try and fish for some argument because now you can't let this one go, I believe I've covered my angles to my question. So please stop, capiche? Because a response from you now would be just douchy, unless you intend to answer my question
You're probably just looking too much into the car, it's probably just an advertising ploy they threw in there.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #903
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
Unless they're the tiny portion of the population that can be an asymptomatic carrier of the disease. Maybe that's it? They can transmit it, but it never actually manifests itself in the form of symptoms?

i-couldn't-accept-that-one...altho-its-possible-they-still-do-it-knowing-these-writers.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #904
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
i-couldn't-accept-that-one...altho-its-possible-they-still-do-it-knowing-these-writers.

Why would have such a problem with them being asymptomatic carriers. It's not an unreasonable notion based on infection.

In all my years of Zombie interest, which goes way back, I have to admit that I've always had an issue with the bite causing transfer. Mostly because most of the people who get bet get devoured, so how do you wind up with these masses of people who just got bit and then got away. It seems to be pretty rare. And then if you know that's how it's transferred, you'd think you'd see more bite victims put down preemptively, probably many by their own hands.

And I say all this with a whatever sort of feeling ... they're zombies, and it's the zombie mythos.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #905
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
Read your spoiler above in white. Very interesting. It would be the best if these survivors are immune to it. But the ones who had survived with them in earlier episodes, once bitten turned into zombies anyway. If their group was immune wouldn't they just be dead, and not zombies? Or are they only immune while actually alive?

Also, cool that you're from Heidelberg. Just got back from there and applied for a field school there. Beautiful city.
Well, being infected may not necessarily mean they are on the road to being zombies. It could just as well mean that they'd act as carriers and that they, as soon as they die (regardless of the cause), come back as walkers. I guess some group members may not be "immune" or react differently to an infection. Hasn't it been established that the time between death and re-animation differs greatly among the population? We just know too little about the nature of the disease. But the whole cutting idea bothered me, too, so I'm desperately trying to find an explanation that would make sense and not seem too forced.

Nice! What have you been doing in Heidelberg?
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #906
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Why would have such a problem with them being asymptomatic carriers. It's not an unreasonable notion based on infection.

In all my years of Zombie interest, which goes way back, I have to admit that I've always had an issue with the bite causing transfer. Mostly because most of the people who get bet get devoured, so how do you wind up with these masses of people who just got bit and then got away. It seems to be pretty rare. And then if you know that's how it's transferred, you'd think you'd see more bite victims put down preemptively, probably many by their own hands.

And I say all this with a whatever sort of feeling ... they're zombies, and it's the zombie mythos.

because-the-chances-of-this-particular-group-being-asymptomatic-carriers-and-everyone-else-not-is-highly-unlikely...like-one-in-a-billion...unless-they-wove-some-special-treatment-they-all-got-or-backstory-of-being-guinea-pigs-to-some-experimental-drug-they-all-took....well-i-guess-they-could-do-that-with-the-last-episode-from-the-1st-season-when-they-were-at-the-CDC....still-would-be-reaching-tho.

i-have-to-disagree-on-your-bite-thoughts-btw-since-these-zombies-seem-real-easy-to-dodge-or-get-away-from-unless-they-mob-you....and-the-ones-they're-eating-fully-have-mostly-been-mobbed-out-of-the-blue-or-incapacitated-in-some-way-and-eaten.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #907
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
It was the car Shane managed to get working while they were stuck on the highway during the first couple of episodes, Shane got the car in order to leave the group.
This from episode 6:

There is a contest going on as well to win the car
http://www.amctv.com/sweeps/hyundais...eps_closed.php

Thanks for answering. Guess i missed that part.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #908
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

If you can disregard the inconsistent, if not, simply confusing parameters on how one can get infected, then you can say this was a good episode.

The part were they cut themselves to draw the walkers was just perplexing.

First of all, it really think it's unnecessary to lure zombies towards you, since after all they are already going after you. And more importantly, the chances are very slim that the virus (or bacteria) in the blood of the zombies theyd killed, wont penetrate into their bloodstream through those cuts. So them having the knowledge of a possibility of infection by being exposed to blood contaminants should certainly prevent them from doing such a reckless and nonsensical action.......
Unless of course they figured out that the only possible mode of transmission is by means of directly being expose to zombie saliva through bites. Which is a far fetched scenario in my opinion.

Being scratched by zombies as being a more dangerous or even surer way of getting infected than cutting themselves and risk being infected, doesnt make any sense either. I hope they can make the parameters clearer and more consistent, that's all i ask.

Put all those aside, i think it was an exciting and good episode.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #909
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
Well, being infected may not necessarily mean they are on the road to being zombies. It could just as well mean that they'd act as carriers and that they, as soon as they die (regardless of the cause), come back as walkers. I guess some group members may not be "immune" or react differently to an infection. Hasn't it been established that the time between death and re-animation differs greatly among the population? We just know too little about the nature of the disease. But the whole cutting idea bothered me, too, so I'm desperately trying to find an explanation that would make sense and not seem too forced.

Nice! What have you been doing in Heidelberg?

I was visiting a friend. I loved seeing the castle lit up at night from down in the city. Just beautiful. I don't think I'll get accepted into field school there, but who knows.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #910
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01
If you can disregard the inconsistent, if not, simply confusing parameters on how one can get infected, then you can say this was a good episode.

First of all, it really think it's unnecessary to lure zombies towards you, since after all they are already going after you. And more importantly, the chances are very slim that the virus (or bacteria) in the blood of the zombies theyd killed, wont penetrate into their bloodstream through those cuts. So them having the knowledge of a possibility of infection by being exposed to blood contaminants should certainly prevent them from doing such a reckless and nonsensical action.......
Unless of course they figured out that the only possible mode of transmission is by means of directly being expose to zombie saliva through bites. Which is a far fetched scenario in my opinion.

Being scratched by zombies as being a more dangerous or even surer way of getting infected than cutting themselves and risk being infected, doesnt make any sense either. I hope they can make the parameters clearer and more consistent, that's all i ask.

They spread blood so the zombies would lick it thus making his head easily accessible.

I'm guessing the virus simply can't survive in air and they know that from the scientist. If that's the case then spreading blood as bait will be a good idea.

What I don't get however, is why are they not bringing the fight back to the zombies. These zombies are so dumb and predictable. They could easily take a whole city back. Then they'd have virtually unlimited water/medicine/food.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #911
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
They spread blood so the zombies would lick it thus making his head easily accessible.

I'm guessing the virus simply can't survive in air and they know that from the scientist. If that's the case then spreading blood as bait will be a good idea.

What I don't get however, is why are they not bringing the fight back to the zombies. These zombies are so dumb and predictable. They could easily take a whole city back. Then they'd have virtually unlimited water/medicine/food.

Yes i get that but then again the zombies are coming after them and once they are in a position were they cant do anything they usually stay in that position, wail their arms to try to grab something and press their heads against a certain blockage. Plus they have slow reflexes and wont try to get away from danger. Their heads are easy targets either way. Plus like i said before, why should they risk getting infected in the process unless they know for certain that there is no chance for them to get infected by cutting themselves. Anyway i think im over analyzing it now. It's just a tv show. I just hope they clear things up or maybe they already have and i just wasnt paying attention.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #912
Simple Jack
Fredette About It

Simple Jack has a near all-star reputation hereSimple Jack has a near all-star reputation hereSimple Jack has a near all-star reputation hereSimple Jack has a near all-star reputation hereSimple Jack has a near all-star reputation hereSimple Jack has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01

I'm assuming it's like the HIV virus. It probably needs either a lot of blood, or no oxygen transfer. At least in that sense it would make a lot more sense.
Simple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #913
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I got a feeling when they got hammered at the disease control center the wine was spiked with some sort of anti-virus...
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #914
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
because-the-chances-of-this-particular-group-being-asymptomatic-carriers-and-everyone-else-not-is-highly-unlikely...like-one-in-a-billion...unless-they-wove-some-special-treatment-they-all-got-or-backstory-of-being-guinea-pigs-to-some-experimental-drug-they-all-took....well-i-guess-they-could-do-that-with-the-last-episode-from-the-1st-season-when-they-were-at-the-CDC....still-would-be-reaching-tho.

i-have-to-disagree-on-your-bite-thoughts-btw-since-these-zombies-seem-real-easy-to-dodge-or-get-away-from-unless-they-mob-you....and-the-ones-they're-eating-fully-have-mostly-been-mobbed-out-of-the-blue-or-incapacitated-in-some-way-and-eaten.

That's sort of the whole point. They are in fact one in a billion. If the disease transfers as easily as it appears to, seeing as the entire world has it, then whoever doesn't have it has a really plausible chance of having some kind of genetic advantage.
The best case against that at this point would probably be Andrea's sister, but who's to say it would necessarily be in every person within a blood line. And the odds that two High School buddies would both have the same exceptionally rare genetic makeup that affects such a small % of the population. It would be like if you had two 9 foot tall guys in your High School (perhaps 3 if you assume Lori is from the same hometown as Shane and Rick).

The bite thing I get, but it always seems like once they get a hold of someone they don't get away. For that many people to be turned to create mobs that can say, fill up the city of Atlanta, you'd have to have a lot of people getting bit, then getting away, and then somehow being allowed to just wonder off on their own without being killed or having the moral fortitude to kill themselves once they know that that will turn them.

I'm not sure the exposed cuts are necessarily a huge risk of getting the infection. Most open cuts like that are hard to get a blood born virus from because they bleed out, not in. It's certainly a risk, but it's not a gimme. A better way to contract it, if it's at all like the HIV virus, would be to get blood in your eye, transfer through mucus membranes in the eye is one of the easiest ways to get it. Which makes knifing zombies in the head more dangerous than it's worth with or without the cuts.

And again, all this being said, I try not to get too bogged down in the logistics of the zombie mythos. They're Zombies.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #915
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
That's sort of the whole point. They are in fact one in a billion. If the disease transfers as easily as it appears to, seeing as the entire world has it, then whoever doesn't have it has a really plausible chance of having some kind of genetic advantage.
The best case against that at this point would probably be Andrea's sister, but who's to say it would necessarily be in every person within a blood line. And the odds that two High School buddies would both have the same exceptionally rare genetic makeup that affects such a small % of the population. It would be like if you had two 9 foot tall guys in your High School (perhaps 3 if you assume Lori is from the same hometown as Shane and Rick).

The bite thing I get, but it always seems like once they get a hold of someone they don't get away. For that many people to be turned to create mobs that can say, fill up the city of Atlanta, you'd have to have a lot of people getting bit, then getting away, and then somehow being allowed to just wonder off on their own without being killed or having the moral fortitude to kill themselves once they know that that will turn them.

I'm not sure the exposed cuts are necessarily a huge risk of getting the infection. Most open cuts like that are hard to get a blood born virus from because they bleed out, not in. It's certainly a risk, but it's not a gimme. A better way to contract it, if it's at all like the HIV virus, would be to get blood in your eye, transfer through mucus membranes in the eye is one of the easiest ways to get it. Which makes knifing zombies in the head more dangerous than it's worth with or without the cuts.

And again, all this being said, I try not to get too bogged down in the logistics of the zombie mythos. They're Zombies.

i-get-it-now-or-rather-i-change-what-i-said-earlier-because-if-they-were-asymptomatic-they-would-be-survivors-and-naturally-come-together(probably-mixed-in-with-others-who-aren't-which-is-why-some-have-turned)-which-wasn't-how-i-was-thinking-when-i-wrote-my-earlier-reply-where-i-thought-it-was-too-much-coincidence-everyone-in-that-particular-group-was-asymptomatic...but-obviously-the-immunity-would-come-before-the-coincidence-issue-i-have-if-that-makes-any-sense.

yeah-i'm-not-going-to-fault-it-too-much-for-it-not-all-adding-up-as-long-as-its-entertaining...altho-i'll-probably-point-the-inconsistencies-out...but-with-that-said-they-should-focus-alot-of-attention-to-the-details-and-it-adding-up-because-this-genre-of-fans-likes-to-talk-about-it-in-that-context-or-put-themselves-in-the-same-situations-and-apply-logic-and-they-HAVE-to-know-that-as-writers.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: