Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #916
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Walking Dead

So far, I'm enjoying the new episodes. They seem to be heading in a better direction than they were with the first group of episodes of season 2, which were just awful.

Lori basically saying to Andrea that the women need to keep their place was just ridiculous. Although I did agree with Lori and her opinion on what Andrea does, just working on her tan with a rifle in her hand. Andrea is useless and annoying. She really needs to just GTFO.

Anyone else notice the similarities between the Walking Dead love triangle (Rick, Lori and Shane) and the Lost love triangle (Jack, Kate and Sawyer)? Or is it just me? I can't remember if I've mentioned this much earlier in the thread or it was someone else.

Rick and Jack, both want to be the leader and do what's right for the group.

Lori and Kate, both plain looking, boring, annoying and just no redeemable qualities what so ever.

Shane and Sawyer, don't have time for morals and standards that Rick/Jack try to set.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #917
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

if rumors are true that we are going to see some people die by end of this season, then i see Andrea dying. i can also see the writers surprising us all and having shane die as well.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #918
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
So far, I'm enjoying the new episodes. They seem to be heading in a better direction than they were with the first group of episodes of season 2, which were just awful.

Lori basically saying to Andrea that the women need to keep their place was just ridiculous. Although I did agree with Lori and her opinion on what Andrea does, just working on her tan with a rifle in her hand. Andrea is useless and annoying. She really needs to just GTFO.

Anyone else notice the similarities between the Walking Dead love triangle (Rick, Lori and Shane) and the Lost love triangle (Jack, Kate and Sawyer)? Or is it just me? I can't remember if I've mentioned this much earlier in the thread or it was someone else.

Rick and Jack, both want to be the leader and do what's right for the group.

Lori and Kate, both plain looking, boring, annoying and just no redeemable qualities what so ever.

Shane and Sawyer, don't have time for morals and standards that Rick/Jack try to set.
Not only to LOST. That's basically the standard love triangle formula in the movie world.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #919
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Man….the Andrea character in the comic is much better. In the show she’s just a nut-case. She needs to straighten up.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #920
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
if rumors are true that we are going to see some people die by end of this season, then i see Andrea dying. i can also see the writers surprising us all and having shane die as well.

I don't think they'd kill them off. They'd kill Herschel and his family, maybe Dale, T-dogg, and Glen
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #921
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
The prime target is T-Dog dude has been MIA since the first episode.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #922
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
The prime target is T-Dog dude has been MIA since the first episode.

When the show first started I thought to myself "They're gonna give black folks some air time, good shit!" and yeah... .that didn't last long.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #923
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kill all of Herchel's family but Maggie, kill Lori, kill Carl, kill Dale, kill Carol, add more zombies, and you've got a winner.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #924
Riley Martin
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Riley Martin has decent reputationRiley Martin has decent reputation

Howard Stern thinks The Walking Dead is the best show on TV.
Robin Quivers thinks Breaking Bad is the best show on TV.

who do you guys agree with? i think breaking bad > walking dead
Riley Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #925
bootsy
I hit open 5-footers

bootsy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley Martin

Not even close Breaking Bad is. I like The Walking Dead but it is a guilty pleasure show for me. Nothing more nothing less. Breaking Bad has better acting, better writing, everything.
bootsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #926
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Neither show is the best on TV. But don't get me started on Breaking Bad. Yes, the pacing is great, some of the actors are damn good and overall, it's very well written. Yet some characters remain comical, certain developments are beyond belief, and the main story arc has become way too over the top.

@skan72: Good luck with your application!
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #927
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
Neither show is the best on TV. But don't get me started on Breaking Bad. Yes, the pacing is great, some of the actors are damn good and overall, it's very well written. Yet some characters remain comical, certain developments are beyond belief, and the main story arc has become way too over the top.

@skan72: Good luck with your application!

Thanks man!

To add to the discussion: my favourite shows on TV are Community and The League. Obviously I think they're the two best shows on TV, or I wouldn't watch them. But that's my opinion. The Walking Dead is good, but it's not as good as those two.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #928
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Awesome episode. Really the best episode since early in the season. Like where the show is headed now. I think just a couple of characters need to get killed off, and then its going to be real good.

The only problem I have is, and I think this is just a personal thing with me, is that I hate how some of the characters seem to make their own personal problems out of thin air. Just stupid things that feel like they are there just to fill up time, like Glenn crying about being told "I love you" distracted him and almost got him killed. Or Daryl crying about feeling used or whatever since the daughter ended up dead. Problems that aren't really problems. It makes me want to jump across the T.V., slap them across the face and say, "Man the **** up." In the zombie apocalypse world, stupid inner-emotional problems that have nothing to do with anybody else, shouldn't be an issue.

But that's nothing. Other than that, the show is looking good. Looking forward to next week's episode.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #929
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

if the governor makes his way into the show..or they show mirrors half of the shit rick goes through, we're in for some good tv :)
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #930
Kobr
Bryant

Kobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Breaking Bad is considerably better. But both are good.
Kobr is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: