Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #1021
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The Walking Dead

DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #1022
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
figured the bolded red text would have tipped you off

The latest spoiler was the death of Dale.

Thanks for ruining it though.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #1023
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #1024
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

(After some thought and like I posted earlier)...

I didn't like Dale but hated seeing him get offed like that but...

It's a good thing it went down like that cause had that quiet walkin' mud footed zombie made it to their camp or the house, he woulda f*cked somebody up not named Dale and that wouldn't have been cool.

And everybody complaining about "T-Dog" need to chill...

What else a n*gga supposed to do during a zombie apocalypse w/ a buncha honkey's runnin' around w/ guns giving orders? Teach Carl how to play Spades?

He's doin' the right thing and shuttin' the hell up cause he's outnumbered and still tryin' to find his way and fit in.

The only other person who was down w/ him was the dumbass black woman who decided to blow herself up in the CDC cause "she couldn't take it anymore" and not to mention he still probably feels guilty for his clumsy ass dropping "the key" that coulda saved Merle.

I think "T Dog" likes his ears (reference Daryl's zombie ear necklace).

Last edited by WillyJakk : 03-06-2012 at 09:39 AM.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #1025
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJakk
What else a n*gga supposed to do during a zombie apocalypse w/ a buncha honkey's runnin' around w/ guns giving orders? Teach Carl how to play Spades?

FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #1026
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJakk
(After some thought and like I posted earlier)...

I didn't like Dale but hated seeing him get offed like that but...

It's a good thing it went down like that cause had that quiet walkin' mud footed zombie made it to their camp or the house, he woulda f*cked somebody up not named Dale and that wouldn't have been cool.

And everybody complaining about "T-Dog" need to chill...

He's doin' the right thing and shuttin' the hell up cause he's outnumbered and still tryin' to find his way and fit in.

The only other person who was down w/ him was the dumbass black woman who decided to blow herself up in the CDC cause "she couldn't take it anymore" and not to mention he still probably feels guilty for his clumsy ass dropping "the key" that coulda saved Merle.

I think "T Dog" likes his ears (reference Daryl's zombie ear necklace).
Quit acting like it's Survivor or some other god damn reality show, it's fictitious show about a Zombie Apocalypse not a last man standing competition...Everybody has to contribute to survive and viewers need to know about all characters when the circle is as tight as it is.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #1027
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was not crazy about Dale either, but it was unfortunate for him to go. Particularly when you just had this episode where his value was just kind of re-established as this voice of moral reasoning in a way that made sense. When he was sort of philosophically arguing with Shane, it didn't mean much, and came off as preachy to Shane's pragmatic. But with this episode's situation being so grounded, there actually being a young kid's life at stake, it made the situation more real and turned Dale into a much more genuine feeling character again. Something he hadn't been basically since Andrea turned herself back around.
That said, it was nice to see the group face some spontaneous loss again, and put them in a place where they don't feel so safe again.

There were a couple of glaring flaws in the show however. I personally wasn't so bothered by the structure of the wondering. It got Dale killed, Carl was just sort of aimlessly all over the place, and even Darryll was sort of out somewhere. But it reminded me of the feeling I get from Appocalypse now, which is sort of based on Dante's Inferno. Where you get this long travelling encounter to encounter of challenge (somewhat based on The Illiad and Odessey structure as well). It's something I like and feel the show is at it's best when it does, and feel like it doesn't in large part because of budget (The Road flick, which I also dig, had a similar feel to it).
However, if they're going to continue to follow this development of Carl long term, it could be an issue, because frankly the kid is awfull. His performance was cringe-worthy, and honestly not surprisingly. You're asking a lot from a kid actor to pull off a performance as nuanced as they seem to want to get out of him. Disillusion, but at the same time a sense that he doesn't know anything else. It could be a major problem.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #1028
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Quit acting like it's Survivor or some other god damn reality show, it's fictitious show about a Zombie Apocalypse not a last man standing competition...Everybody has to contribute to survive and viewers need to know about all characters when the circle is as tight as it is.

What's wrong w/ you.

If you watch the show (and I'm sure you do since you're posting here) you'd know T-Dog contributes to whatever they need him to do, as a matter a fact, that dude was diggin' the graves and puttin' the zombie leftovers in the back of that truck taking them to the burn site.

He ran back to try to save the redneck that whooped his ass but dropped the key (which truthfully coulda been outta fear of what Merle AND Daryl would do to him if he didn't but regardless...we don't typically do that type of sh*t in a "Cry Sees" (read crisis, but that's just how we say it) and don't forget he damn near had gangrene on his arm, too so yeah...

T-Dog has been holdin the group down, he's just a quiet guy.

Last edited by WillyJakk : 03-06-2012 at 10:08 AM.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #1029
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I was not crazy about Dale either, but it was unfortunate for him to go. Particularly when you just had this episode where his value was just kind of re-established as this voice of moral reasoning in a way that made sense. When he was sort of philosophically arguing with Shane, it didn't mean much, and came off as preachy to Shane's pragmatic. But with this episode's situation being so grounded, there actually being a young kid's life at stake, it made the situation more real and turned Dale into a much more genuine feeling character again. Something he hadn't been basically since Andrea turned herself back around.
That said, it was nice to see the group face some spontaneous loss again, and put them in a place where they don't feel so safe again.

There were a couple of glaring flaws in the show however. I personally wasn't so bothered by the structure of the wondering. It got Dale killed, Carl was just sort of aimlessly all over the place, and even Darryll was sort of out somewhere. But it reminded me of the feeling I get from Appocalypse now, which is sort of based on Dante's Inferno. Where you get this long travelling encounter to encounter of challenge (somewhat based on The Illiad and Odessey structure as well). It's something I like and feel the show is at it's best when it does, and feel like it doesn't in large part because of budget (The Road flick, which I also dig, had a similar feel to it).
However, if they're going to continue to follow this development of Carl long term, it could be an issue, because frankly the kid is awfull. His performance was cringe-worthy, and honestly not surprisingly. You're asking a lot from a kid actor to pull off a performance as nuanced as they seem to want to get out of him. Disillusion, but at the same time a sense that he doesn't know anything else. It could be a major problem.

i-blame-Herschel's-farm-for-the-lack-of-encounters-or-long-traveling-encounter-as-you-called-it...i-actually-think-thats-the-biggest-problem-with-S2...who-would-have-thought-after-S1-that-the-entirety-of-S2(so-far-at-least)-would-take-place-on-a-farm-for-the-most-part?...hell-i-was-thinking-they-were-going-to-constantly-be-moving-from-place-to-place-trying-to-survive-after-the-CDC,running-into-other-groups-that-end-up-friends/foes,scavenging-houses,setting-down-base-in-different-camp-spots-or-suburbs-then-heading-back-into-the-city-or-even-different-cities....alot-of-S1-was-like-that...S2-has-been-completely-different...almost-a-different-show.

i-also-agree-Carl-is-a-horrible-actor-even-for-a-kid...there-was-one-scene-where-he-said-something-and-it-was-so-off-where-it-was-just-awful-acting-and-they're-going-to-focus-on-him-growing-into-some-odd-kid?

...after-reading-those-spoilers-and-comments-from-Kirkman,i'm-not-sure-i-can-blame-the-other-writers,actors,or-even-AMC-more-than-him...he-sounds-like-he's-out-of-touch-and-way-too-into-the-aspects-that-makes-WalkingDead-horrible-now

Last edited by Godzuki : 03-06-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Godzuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #1030
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

spoilers for the next episode in white

The Walking Dead
Here are two sneak peeks for the next episode, "Better Angels."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zWBo1JPzFFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jh-hOlaDcFc

There's a lengthy - and, as always, quite possibly bullshit - synopsis for this Sunday's episode. According to this particular summary, the pre-credits sequence intercuts Dale's funeral with a bunch of characters killing some zombies in a field. Then here's the first half of the episode:

Hershel finally allows everybody to move into the house. Rick decides to let Randall loose instead of killing him, just like they had originally planned. Shane gets all mad at the idea, but Rick says it's his decision and Shane needs to shut up. Later, Carl reveals to Shane that he done ****ed up and stole Daryl's gun as well as released that walker from the swamp, but asks him not to tell anyone. While Shane is building a lookout platform, Lori comes to talk to him. She thanks him for everything he had done (saving them from Atlanta, etc.) and says she's truly sorry for all the crap that happened between them.

Shane asks Rick that he and Daryl be allowed to go dump Randall, but Rick refuses. Shane then tells Rick about what Carl did and gives him Daryl's gun. Rick has a talk with his son and basically tells him to grow up. Meanwhile, Shane sneaks into the shed and releases Randall. They secretly leave the farm and take off into the woods together. Shane tells the kid that he wants to join their group and asks Randall where it is. He tells Shane that they have a camp on a highway five miles away. Shane then proceeds to snap his neck.

The rest is at the link, which finishes off with a sequence pretty much identical to what we posted yesterday. [SpoilerTV]

Comics creator Robert Kirkman explains the long-term thinking behind the decision to kill Dale:

It's really just about how it affects the other characters. That's the main thing that goes into a decision to kill a character: "What does this get us?" Having an amazing ending to the episode and really showing the viewer that this is a dangerous world and anyone can go at any minute and getting the shock value of that is great. But, at the end of the day, it's "How does this affect things six episodes down the road? How does this affect things ten episodes down the road?" That's really the question. Once we started working that out in the writing room and seeing how Dale's death affects Shane and Dale's death affects Rick and Daryl and Lori and Andrea and all the way down the list - that's really what helped us along in this decision.

He also talks some more about what's ahead for Carl:

Well, yes, we're going into dark places. Carl is one of the most fun characters to tell stories about in this world. It's true of the comic and it's true of the show. Over time, we're going to start to see more and more of this kid. What's awesome about that is, think about what it would be like to grow up in this world. It's one thing to have everything you know taken away from you and have to deal with this shitty world you now have to live in. But to have barely even really recognized what the world is and how it works and what to expect, and then to be thrust into this apocalyptic threat and to grow up and mature with these kinds of situations... It's going to make him grow up weird, is what I like to say.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #1031
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The day they announced the show I knew casting Carl was going to be a problem. He's a huge piece of the comic, he's not even a #2 really, he's a 1B to Rick. You'd need a legitimate prodigy to do his character justice.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #1032
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carl should be one of the most, if not the most interesting part of the show. I think in all reality the kid should grow up into a deranged psychopath. He's got Crazy Shane and Rick as his father figures in addition to an idiot mother, growing up around a post apocalyptic zombie world, and witnessing harrowing murder and disembowelment quite frequently.

Unfortunately, the kid can't act. They just need to replace him next year a la Roseanne if they want the show to have any legs.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #1033
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
The day they announced the show I knew casting Carl was going to be a problem. He's a huge piece of the comic, he's not even a #2 really, he's a 1B to Rick. You'd need a legitimate prodigy to do his character justice.

So I can expect to make my above complaint more regularly as the series goes on?
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #1034
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
So I can expect to make my above complaint more regularly as the series goes on?
Well never know I suppose, but most likely. It's too good a story to pass up, like Deuce said, it's an adolescent kid growing up in a freaking zombie wasteland. There's just not many kids that'd be able to do it, especially this one. At least he's just a kid so he's got an excuse to be a shit actor, unlike about everyone else.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #1035
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will never understand why people post spoilers online. Ever. What good could come of it? Just letting people know you know whats gonna happen? Feeling like an insider? And for the record I dont so much mean people who repost them in places like this(though I do to a lesser extent). I mean the people who see the shows early and put the info online to begin with.

Not like we are talking a movie review. This is a weekly tv show that is gonna be on this weekend. Why totally ruin some of the shows biggest moments?

One could say...dont read it if you want to...enjoy the show. But once its out there people act like idiots and post it over and over so you eventually just bump into it.

I couldnt just...watch the wire to see what happened with Omar in season 5...someone posted what happened early online with no warning. I cant watch breaking bad to see how the Gus/Walt issue is resolved. I have to see a gotdamn picture in a topic here that ruined it and had me just wondering how it would happen.

Im just scrolling through this topic and right in a post is...what supposedly happens next episode. Its under a tad of red text calling it a spoiler but...why?

For one....the key part was in my field of vision same time the warning was and certian words just stand out...like "Finally dies".

And second...even if it isnt true now im waiting the whole show for it to happen.

I cant just watch it unfold however it happens.

Friend of mine kills me with that. Whenever we are watching a show hes already seen he cant wait to spoil things. Even if its not on purpose(sometimes it isnt) its not hard to avoid. Who walks in and says "Oh is this the one ___ gets killed?" knowing we have not seen the show?

People who spoil shows/movies should be slowly lowered into hot oil knee deep. Not killed. But...allowed to burn a bit.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: