Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #91
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungerball
There are some parts of the comic that seems too graphic to show on AMC. I don't see how they will incorporate that in the show. Other than that, I think it could be a successful series for several seasons.

Do the comics bounce around from place to place and survivor group to group, or have we seen all or most of the main players yet? In a sense I get a feeling like World War Z here, where they tell these short stories from different places around the world during the outbreak, with no real narrative connecting the characters from place to place.
In this it does seem odd that there's 12 people left alive in the world and six of them know each other.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #92
chungerball
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Do the comics bounce around from place to place and survivor group to group, or have we seen all or most of the main players yet? In a sense I get a feeling like World War Z here, where they tell these short stories from different places around the world during the outbreak, with no real narrative connecting the characters from place to place.
In this it does seem odd that there's 12 people left alive in the world and six of them know each other.

The comic generally focus on a couple of main groups, but new characters pop up from time to time. I think you are gonna be in a real treat if they continue along with the original story line. I think they have stayed true to most of what the comic entails, but it might change because some of the. I don't want to spoil anything here because I think it will get intense in the coming weeks....or they will tame it down too much. I hope for the former. Some things that are in the comic would be unrealistic to be put in television, but that is expected.

Edit: One thing that bothered me was that the zombies are significantly different in one area: White text (The zombies in the comic don't have the ability to climb fences and run like they do on the show. That kind of irked me a little.)

Last edited by chungerball : 11-09-2010 at 11:07 PM.
chungerball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #93
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

It did seem that some of the zombies were moving a little too quickly for my tastes. White text....They better not have been running. They’re not supposed to do that. What did they call them in the show? Walkers? Shamblers? In the comic, they are strictly regualr slow zombies.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #94
chungerball
High School JV MVP

I didn't even realize the critical differences in the zombies until the second episode in white text haha....Those f8ckers were f8cking breaking windows, running pretty much at full speed, and climbing fences. If they did that in the comic books, all of the people would have been dead after two issues. But I see why the show creator would resort to making the zombies different because making the zombies so damn slow wouldn't make for a good TV show.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #95
tian820
NBA lottery pick

I started the show today. For those who have been looking up logistics of the show, after this six episode season, is season two going to begin late next year then? Is this just supposed to be a filler between Mad Men and Breaking Bad basically?
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #96
BRabbiT

i waited all week for this episode
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #97
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

I dont care how racist that dude is, somebody throw him the freaking key.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #98
BRabbiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84

Old 11-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #99
chungerball
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84

I wouldn't have given that hick the key either if I was that black guy. I think he would have gone berserk and killed everyone of them.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #100
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
I wouldn't have given that hick the key either if I was that black guy. I think he would have gone berserk and killed everyone of them.
this
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #101
rezznor
Nosetradamus

if you noticed, the black dude knocked over the toolbox when he tripped. the hacksaw is near him now. also, the black dude locked up the door with a chain so the zombies cant get to the roof. i guarantee you we will see the hick again, and this time he will be out for revenge.

for those who read the comic, am i right?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #102
BRabbiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
if you noticed, the black dude knocked over the toolbox when he tripped. the hacksaw is near him now. also, the black dude locked up the door with a chain so the zombies cant get to the roof. i guarantee you we will see the hick again, and this time he will be out for revenge.

white text:

it looks like he saws his arm off
Old 11-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #103
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
There are some parts of the comic that seems too graphic to show on AMC. I don't see how they will incorporate that in the show. Other than that, I think it could be a successful series for several seasons.
chopping up the zombie to get the smell on them was pretty graphic

Last edited by rezznor : 11-15-2010 at 12:23 AM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #104
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:

don't know for sure, but i heard he wasn't even in the comic.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #105
chungerball
High School JV MVP

Quote:

He isn't one of the characters in the comic, and the settings are a little different than the comic as well, but this is to be expected.

Edit: On another note, if anybody is interested, there are electronic copies of the walking dead comic on Demonoid (all 78 issues). I read all 78 issues in 3 days. haha. On another unrelated note, I dropped 40 points in my league game today!!!

Last edited by chungerball : 11-15-2010 at 01:14 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: