Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #1036
Mex-Laker
Decent playground baller

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Shane was the most interesting character of the series... he was the perfect character that belong to this kind of situation...

This sucks...

Hopefully there is more gore and zombies attacks ahead or else this series are going to suck...
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #1037
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Too bad about Shane. He was a sadistic nutjob, but I think he was redeemable. And the actor was excellent.

this...Shane was a great character, and the actor nailed that role perfectly. Show wont be the same w/o him...

That final showdown btwn Rick & Shane was and then seeing the zombie death horde getting closer and closer to the farm....just

as for Carl...why cant this little fvck just die already....kid is so annoying. Always causing shit, always popping up in places he's not suppose to be at the most random times...

And for T-Dog. He had a couple of lines this episode!
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 AM   #1038
HannibalKid
Learning to shoot layups

Shane died very early in the comics, similar situation excePt Carl killed him while he was living I believe. Glad he was fleshed out a bit more on the tv series. Season finale gonna be a blood fest.
HannibalKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #1039
BGriffin's Dad
Future GOAT PF

why did Shane turn into a walker??? he died from being stabbed, not bitten by a walker...
BGriffin's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #1040
BGriffin's Dad
Future GOAT PF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Jack
That they were all infected...Apparently the virus lies dormant until you die which they keep alluding too lately with Shane and the other two zombies who didn't have a scratch or bite.

how did they all first get infected though? if it's a virus carried in the blood, it has to be transmitted one way or another.. assuming they want to keep it somewhat realistic
BGriffin's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #1041
JustinJDW

Holy shit does that kid ever listen? Like seriously, how many times has he been told to stay ****ing put and stop wandering everywhere? Like what does he do all day? Just wander and look to be in ****ed up situations. EVERY EPISODE. Who the hell is watching the little prick!?!? I swear to God I want to backhand the kid and yell "STOP ****ING WANDERING OFF YOU LITTLE SHIT!!! ITS NOT CUTE ANYMORE!!!"

Anyways, looks like its going to be an awesome final episode.

Last edited by JustinJDW : 03-12-2012 at 05:08 AM.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #1042
$LakerGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
how did they all first get infected though? if it's a virus carried in the blood, it has to be transmitted one way or another.. assuming they want to keep it somewhat realistic
Speaking of realistic.... how come they don't get infected when a zombies blood goes into their system... like Shane's wound.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #1043
vinsane01
National High School Star

Little Rock >>>>>>>> Carl Grimes
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #1044
Zenji
LA Galaxy

Yeah Shane was a cool character and all but lets be real... Dude was f*cking nuts and wanted Ricks wife and kids and pretty much made it clear that he felt Rick was a p*ssy. Rick HAD to kill him & kill him soon. Would have been unrealistic to keep both him & Rick around for too long.

Looking forward to the finally! Hope Herschel makes it through alive & stays part of the crew for season 3. Dude is an underrated boss. Also i hope that g*y kid dies and glennsanity.
Zenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #1045
bluechox2
#knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Speaking of realistic.... how come they don't get infected when a zombies blood goes into their system... like Shane's wound.

being alive basically keeps the virus at bay i think...once you die, its over. they can bathe in all the zombie blood they want and not be turned. and probably lori's unborn has sum antibody to make a cure being born from an infected. (im just speculating, not true)

Tdog had 2!!! lines.. finally getting recognized.

what would have been funny was shane coming back to life with being the first hybrid with memory and leading a war against rick
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #1046
$LakerGold

They didn't really make Shane's death emotional. Like him dying wasn't enough.
I mean, I was on my way of crying.. but when Carl shot Shane.. my mindset changed.. I was like "oh shit, Carl just shot SHANE....."
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #1047
Godzuki
Banned

lol....TDog-basically-became-house-help....all-he-did-was-take-Lori's-bags-into-the-house
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #1048
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Firstly, stunningly gorgeous direction last night. The entire hunt for Randall, concluding with the moonlit showdown, was just exceptionally well done. Looked great, sounded great, was genuinely tense. The attack on Darryl and Glen in the dark was among the scarier moments in recent memory of the show.

There are obviously logistical issues with the show. I'm not opposed to where they're headed in learning about the spread of the virus. It's very possible that they are dormant carriers that are only triggered as active once they're bitten or when they die. It doesn't have to make perfect sense, just be logical enough within the way they write it. But even physical logistics with stuff like how does Rick not hear zombie Shane behind him. How do Glen and Darryl get snuck up on. Darryl is appearantly the pink panther of wilderness tracking. But all of that I can deal with if they keep the show on this emotional pitch. Losing too main characters in the past two weeks really keeps the no one is safe idea of the show going, and continues to put emotional strain on the group, which helps them from falling into hypothetical morallity dialogue that really isn't great for the show. I'm hoping that losing Shane will make Lori a more interesting character as she struggles with the relationship she had with him. It will obviously change Carl and Rick. And hopefully losing both Shane and Dale in two days time will drive Andrea to be more assertive and make her more interesting too. Even the emotional scene with Glen fixing the winebego I thought was well handled and is just another step in fleshing out Glen. And with Shane out of the way, you've already seen Darryll start to step into a bigger role as the groups best lone wolf who's skill set makes him too valuable to simply shun off his viewpoints.

Carl is really just not a good enough actor to pull off where they're headed with him. Now he's killed a zombie father figure whom he's shown more trust in than his real father even in this episode. There's a lot of stuff coming at him I'm not sure he can handle.
And one of my long stanging defenses of keeping the show on the farm was that the entire set piece was obviously ideal for a zombie horde overrunning it, and it appears we're finally going to get that.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #1049
alenleomessi
W

Good episode, looks like the finale will have lots of zombie action
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #1050
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

Personally I thought Carl finally "reconnected" w/ his "real" dad Rick after their talk in the barn which was AFTER Carl's talk w/ Shane about stealing Daryl's gun.

Now that it's sunk in, I can finally accept Shane being killed, gonna miss him though.

I also think Rick didn't hear zombie Shane cause his mind was overwhelmed w/ just killing his best friend ex-partner and having to figure out how to explain to Carl what just happened.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: