Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #1036
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I will never understand why people post spoilers online. Ever. What good could come of it? Just letting people know you know whats gonna happen? Feeling like an insider? And for the record I dont so much mean people who repost them in places like this(though I do to a lesser extent). I mean the people who see the shows early and put the info online to begin with.

Not like we are talking a movie review. This is a weekly tv show that is gonna be on this weekend. Why totally ruin some of the shows biggest moments?

One could say...dont read it if you want to...enjoy the show. But once its out there people act like idiots and post it over and over so you eventually just bump into it.

I couldnt just...watch the wire to see what happened with Omar in season 5...someone posted what happened early online with no warning. I cant watch breaking bad to see how the Gus/Walt issue is resolved. I have to see a gotdamn picture in a topic here that ruined it and had me just wondering how it would happen.

Im just scrolling through this topic and right in a post is...what supposedly happens next episode. Its under a tad of red text calling it a spoiler but...why?

For one....the key part was in my field of vision same time the warning was and certian words just stand out...like "Finally dies".

And second...even if it isnt true now im waiting the whole show for it to happen.

I cant just watch it unfold however it happens.

Friend of mine kills me with that. Whenever we are watching a show hes already seen he cant wait to spoil things. Even if its not on purpose(sometimes it isnt) its not hard to avoid. Who walks in and says "Oh is this the one ___ gets killed?" knowing we have not seen the show?

People who spoil shows/movies should be slowly lowered into hot oil knee deep. Not killed. But...allowed to burn a bit.

were-you-really-in-that-much-suspense-as-to-what-was-going-to-happen-next? ...Dale-dying-was-like-an-annoyiing-parent-getting-cut-out-the-show.

anyways-you-probably-shouldn't-read-the-Game-of-Thrones-thread-either-with-people-commenting-on-the-books.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #1037
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

What may or may not happen if game of thrones gets to a season 5 isnt as bothersome as....."This happens next episode...huuuuuuuuuuge spoiler" shit.

Never know how they tell a story based on books. OR comic books for that matter. But when you know what next episodes issues are....and just...tell people...I dont see the reason.

I guess you cant even talk about current episodes of tv shows these days. People dying to ruin next week because they can.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #1038
niko
I Run NY.

NO, people should not reveal spoilers without warning, but seriously, if spoilers bother you that much you can't participate in these type of discussions because they are too easy to spoil things in.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #1039
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Actually based on pages of threads on shows like Lost it's pretty easy. Wait till the episode has aired. Or just leave a link without text.

It's not rocket science.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #1040
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Well never know I suppose, but most likely. It's too good a story to pass up, like Deuce said, it's an adolescent kid growing up in a freaking zombie wasteland. There's just not many kids that'd be able to do it, especially this one. At least he's just a kid so he's got an excuse to be a shit actor, unlike about everyone else.
kids can be tougher and more resilient then you think. think about children who grow up in warn torn countries in africa. there was a story last year about a kid who was actually one of those child soldiers. he killed people and i'm sure committed other atrocities. he was later separated from the army he was in and got an education, ended up in north america and has turned his life around.

edit: found the story here http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/10...n_1008719.html
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #1041
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
kids can be tougher and more resilient then you think. think about children who grow up in warn torn countries in africa. there was a story last year about a kid who was actually one of those child soldiers. he killed people and i'm sure committed other atrocities. he was later separated from the army he was in and got an education, ended up in north america and has turned his life around.

edit: found the story here http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/10...n_1008719.html
I'm talking about the actor being able to portray the gamut of emotions and phases Carl has in the comic. Besides, that soldier kid wasn't fighting zombies.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #1042
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

i-dont-think-its-that-tough-especially-with-your-parents-both-still-alive-and-leading-your-crew-along-with-not-having-to-survive-like-in-TheRoad....now-thats-some-traumatic-shit-for-a-kid-to-survive...in-facts-thats-as-bad-as-it-gets.

they've-had-it-pretty-good-especially-since-they-got-to-Herschels-farm...and-these-zombies-are-pretty-weak...most-of-the-reason-they-die-from-them-is-being-stupid.

lol-at-fistfight-to-exhaustion-in-z0mbie--territory....lori-driving-and-not-paying-attention-speeding-on-a-empty-highway-during-a-zombieapocalypse-and-flipping-her-car....even-the-Otis-death-could've-been-avoided-if-they-did-the-lure-them-away-with-a-car-trick...i-also-found-that-stealth-zombie-that-killed-Dale-pretty-shady-also....

Last edited by Godzuki : 03-06-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #1043
skan72
Deep dick pizza

Dale was really starting to annoy me.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #1044
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
NO, people should not reveal spoilers without warning, but seriously, if spoilers bother you that much you can't participate in these type of discussions because they are too easy to spoil things in.

I dont consider talking about anything already shown a spoiler in a topic like this. But something that ruins future episodes? Eh....
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #1045
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
Dale was really starting to annoy me.

Yeah same here. I don't understand how that zombie had the strength to rip open a chest cavity though.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #1046
skan72
Deep dick pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
Yeah same here. I don't understand how that zombie had the strength to rip open a chest cavity though.

Yeah, that seemed kind of flimsy. People have been shown kicking zombies out of the way, and wresting themselves from zombies' grips, yet this zombie was strong enough to very quickly rip Dale's torso open.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #1047
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Yeah no kidding. Even the kid was able to escape the same zombie's grasp.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #1048
skan72
Deep dick pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
Yeah no kidding. Even the kid was able to escape the same zombie's grasp.

I was just thinking about the same thing. I can't remember if he escaped that zombie's grasp, or Carl just freaked out and froze when the zombie pulled his leg out of the mud, then Carl pulled his head out of his ass and ran away...?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #1049
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

It's easy to not spoil something.

People that post spoilers create an environment in which fans who want to be taken for a ride, discuss, and speculate on the show, get the shaft.

Putting something in white text isn't difficult.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #1050
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

I dont think the zombie had a great grab on his (carl) leg and that's how he got away, but with dale, the zombie was laying on top of him. Remember when rick (in the last episode) shot the zombie and it fell on top of him and he couldn't get it off of him in time before the other two zombies rolled up. Dale was pushing on his shoulders and face to keep it from biting him, and it allowed the zombie to just start ripping into the stomach.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: