Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #1051
DuMa
Canned

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Rick couldnt let this pass. this was the 2nd time that Shane attacked Rick. Once brothers now enemies. It felt like Obi Wan letting Anakin die.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #1052
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

the-last-2-episodes-have-more-or-less-sucked-if-it-weren't-carried-by-the-character-kill-offs...

outside-of-those-moments-they've-been-extremely-boring/redundant-filler....don't-see-how-people-are-so-entertained-by-them
Godzuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #1053
burnsy87
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
the-last-2-episodes-have-more-or-less-sucked-if-it-weren't-carried-by-the-character-kill-offs...

outside-of-those-moments-they've-been-extremely-boring/redundant-filler....don't-see-how-people-are-so-entertained-by-them

It's-really-hard-to-take-anyone's-opinions-seriously-when-they-can't-afford-to-replace-a-broken-keyboard.
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #1054
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy87
It's-really-hard-to-take-anyone's-opinions-seriously-when-they-can't-afford-to-replace-a-broken-keyboard.

don't-take-it-seriously...you-think-i-care?

just-throwing-my-input-out-there...whether-it-paraellels/opposes-other-peoples-viewpoints-i'll-at-least-back-it-up.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #1055
iamgine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Firstly, stunningly gorgeous direction last night. The entire hunt for Randall, concluding with the moonlit showdown, was just exceptionally well done. Looked great, sounded great, was genuinely tense. The attack on Darryl and Glen in the dark was among the scarier moments in recent memory of the show.

There are obviously logistical issues with the show. I'm not opposed to where they're headed in learning about the spread of the virus. It's very possible that they are dormant carriers that are only triggered as active once they're bitten or when they die. It doesn't have to make perfect sense, just be logical enough within the way they write it. But even physical logistics with stuff like how does Rick not hear zombie Shane behind him. How do Glen and Darryl get snuck up on. Darryl is appearantly the pink panther of wilderness tracking. But all of that I can deal with if they keep the show on this emotional pitch. Losing too main characters in the past two weeks really keeps the no one is safe idea of the show going, and continues to put emotional strain on the group, which helps them from falling into hypothetical morallity dialogue that really isn't great for the show. I'm hoping that losing Shane will make Lori a more interesting character as she struggles with the relationship she had with him. It will obviously change Carl and Rick. And hopefully losing both Shane and Dale in two days time will drive Andrea to be more assertive and make her more interesting too. Even the emotional scene with Glen fixing the winebego I thought was well handled and is just another step in fleshing out Glen. And with Shane out of the way, you've already seen Darryll start to step into a bigger role as the groups best lone wolf who's skill set makes him too valuable to simply shun off his viewpoints.

Carl is really just not a good enough actor to pull off where they're headed with him. Now he's killed a zombie father figure whom he's shown more trust in than his real father even in this episode. There's a lot of stuff coming at him I'm not sure he can handle.
And one of my long stanging defenses of keeping the show on the farm was that the entire set piece was obviously ideal for a zombie horde overrunning it, and it appears we're finally going to get that.

The zombies...they're just so unthreatening. If they would just dig a big hole and put a stereo inside, all the zombies would fall in it. I'd like it better if they're surrounded by the rough guys who will rape Lori and force Rick and Carl to watch. I hope the show is going in that direction.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #1056
DaHeezy
College star

I like how it's going where you zombify pretty quickly. It debunks the idea of how are there so many zombies in the world if people are being mauled. I guess it comes to a point where they become inedible with the virus already in them.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #1057
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
The zombies...they're just so unthreatening. If they would just dig a big hole and put a stereo inside, all the zombies would fall in it. I'd like it better if they're surrounded by the rough guys who will rape Lori and force Rick and Carl to watch. I hope the show is going in that direction.

Yeah, I agree with that. They even had to generate the whole "the swamp is freezing dry as the weather gets colder" quip just to get around the fact that the farm had been so safe due to it's being surrounded by swamp.

Realistically, it often seems like a nice field of barbed wire would be enough to slow down and funnell the threat enough that it seems like it should be managable. But the threat only works when it's in mass. And that seems to be whats coming. And that's been true for most of the genre's history.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #1058
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine

lol-at-that-idea..it-would-work-too....brilliant
Old 03-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #1059
bagelred
Stare

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy87

Sometimes we can't afford it. Have to make due.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #1060
Simple Jack
Schrempf Scampi

Now that I think about it, maybe that's not what Jenner told Rick at the CDC. It's pretty confusing actually.

Randall and Shane clearly came back after they died without being bitten meaning they were infected already but it also seems as if Rick didn't know. Otherwise he probably wouldn't have debated about hanging Randall and also he probably would have made sure Shane got a bullet in the head after he stabbed him as to not have him come back.

I remember reading somewhere though that the secret would be revealed in this season and I don't see them throwing any other twist out there in the last episode.

Simple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #1061
dunksby
NBA Superstar

I don't even give a shit about who dies or stays alive, this season is such a far cry from the previous season.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #1062
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Just saw this on reddit...

Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #1063
Deuce Bigalow
Kobe Apostle

How did Shane turn into a zombie?
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #1064
DaHeezy
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
How did Shane turn into a zombie?

It hasn't been established yet. They just recently discovered you can turn without being bitten. There will probably be a reveal during the next episode.

Last edited by DaHeezy : 03-12-2012 at 11:06 PM.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #1065
rezznor
Nosetradamus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CB3dOVEYP_4
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: