Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #106
chungerball
High School JV MVP

chungerball has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
chopping up the zombie to get the smell on them was pretty graphic

Oh man...You will be horrified at some of the shit they put on the comic. I was literally in aw for some of the stuff I saw.
chungerball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 AM   #107
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

The racist guy they left behind looks awfully familiar. Was he in any movies?
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 AM   #108
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
yeah, i just cant think of the movies.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #109
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

Micheal Rooker. He has been in all kinds of movies. Pretty good character actor IMO.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Mallrats, Slither, The Bone Collector, Cliffhanger, Mississippi Burning etc

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0740264/

as for this show, I know the wife thought the husband was dead and its basically the apocalypse and all but damn she didn't wait too long to jump onto another man.

its interesting but a little slow moving. It seems like they have quite a few complete assholes in their group as well.

Last edited by kentatm : 11-15-2010 at 02:30 AM.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:27 AM   #110
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i remember him best from an almost 20 year old movie, cliffhanger
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:28 AM   #111
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

OK, after some google searching I found that his name is Michael Rooker and I recognize him from "JFK" & "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer".

He plays a damn good psychopath in "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer", pretty disturbing movie.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:33 AM   #112
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm really liking this show, and I love that they're not shying away from the gore either.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #113
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

There weren't too many zombies in this 3rd episode. Looks like they're really trying to establish the characters. I like the amount of gore. Too bad this 1st season is already half over.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #114
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

as for this show, I know the wife thought the husband was dead and its basically the apocalypse and all but damn she didn't wait too long to jump onto another man.

its interesting but a little slow moving. It seems like they have quite a few complete assholes in their group as well.
well, think of it from her pov. it's the end of the world, she thinks her husband is dead, and she has a young kid to look after. she wants to survive so she hooks up with the alpha male of the group to protect her.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #115
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Episode three was defininitely a little slower paced than I expected, which generally isn't something that bothers me, but with so few episodes in this first season, I sorta hoped they'd push it a little more.

There does seem to be some advantage to being a complete douchebag when it comes to surviving the zombie appocallypse. It seems like it's a pretty consistent trend that biggots and wife beaters do pretty well for some reason. Also, being unconcious during it's outbreak has proven handy on more than one occasion.

Anyway, I'm not sure the wife and kid coulda given a response to seeing Rick for the first time that I woulda found acceptable, so I'll give em a pass on it. And I thought the same thing about her jumping on Shane so quickly, but one, I don't know how quickly this actually is. And two, I'm not positive she wasn't already nailing him before all this happened. He obviously manipulated her. She seemed more upset about his having told her Rick had died than anything else.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #116
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Does anybody know exactly how much time lapsed between Rick's coma and finding his wife again?
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #117
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Does anybody know exactly how much time lapsed between Rick's coma and finding his wife again?
From the conversation he had with the father and kid in the first episode it would seem at least the month. At one point the father says: "The electricity quit about a month ago."

Just watched all of the episodes in one sitting last night. I'm hooked!
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #118
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
And I thought the same thing about her jumping on Shane so quickly, but one, I don't know how quickly this actually is. And two, I'm not positive she wasn't already nailing him before all this happened. He obviously manipulated her. She seemed more upset about his having told her Rick had died than anything else.

it did sound like they had been having problems when they were in the tent together. She said something about wanting to forget the fighting and arguing.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #119
Torious
Great young streetballer

Torious has an OK reputation so far

Apparently cutting off your hand is the thing to do when you're cuffed to an iron pipe and got a hacksaw. I mean who comes up with crap like that?

Only highlight for me was Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon. Liked him in the Boondock saints and he still got it.
Torious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #120
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torious
Apparently cutting off your hand is the thing to do when you're cuffed to an iron pipe and got a hacksaw. I mean who comes up with crap like that?

that was the first thing I thought when the tools got knocked over and he was left up there.

plus its not like something similar hasn't come up before.

real life

To save his life, hiker cuts off arm

Man Trapped in Furnace, Amputated Own Arm to Live

movies
Saw - Doctor Lawrence Gordon's Foot Cut
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: